Finding an effective pain management solution without those pesky side effects can be a daunting task. Everything from over the counter drugs to controlled substance medications – let’s face it, there’s a whole lot of drugs on the market. But there are other natural solutions out there, particularly homeopathic muscle relaxant remedies that are capable of easing a range of pain and anxiety symptoms.
Important note: The remedies outlined in this article are merely suggestions that we have found effective in our household. These products are not FDA approved, and therefore they are not intended to “treat” or “cure” any illness or ailment.
- SOOTHE PAIN RELIEF BLEND has essential oils from Brazil, Slovenia, China, Canada, Sri Lanka, Nepal,...
Essential oils can offer a 100% organic home remedy for pain relief management, helping with things like:
- Minor head pain
- Minor upper and lower back pain
- TMJ and general jaw pain
- Minor nee pain and leg cramps
- Mood and occasional anxious feelings
Unlike other alternatives, essential oils – which can work as homeopathic muscle relaxants – can help ease pain without any side effects.
Homeopathic relaxants for tight muscles
Tight muscles can stem from a number of factors, including everything from stress to a specific injury. And as you may know, tight muscles can be painful and a burden on the strains of everyday life.
And while there is no shortage of pharmaceutical muscle relaxants on the market – everything from Soma to Valium – natural herbal remedies like essential oils are becoming increasingly popular pain relief solutions. Before digging into which are the best oils for helping with muscle pain and stress, consider a few other non-chemical options:
- Nutritional supplements like vitamins and minerals
- Herbs like Valerian Root and Kava Root
- Daily activities like warm baths, massages, and plenty of rest
The fact is, you want to ease your muscle pain fast before having to dig into that prescription drug bottle. Still, traditional chemical-infused muscle relaxants are generally the first thing that comes to mind when trying to find that pain relief “cure.”
Note: Other general pain “supplements” to consider are pain relief tablets and Tiger Balm ointment.
Essential oil home remedies
Of all the homeopathic muscle relaxant options, essential oils are among the most popular and effective solutions. And what’s great about them is they can be used in combination with massage simply by applying a few drops topically and massaging into the skin.
In fact, when combined with massage, essential oils can provide improved circulation which leads to better overall body function and increased strength and flexibility. Everything from Charlie Horses to general muscle cramps and strain, essential oils deliver effective pain relief benefits.
- CERTIFIED USDA DEEP MUSCLE RELIEF BLEND ESSENTIAL OIL - Healing Solution's Deep Muscle Relief Blend...
One of the most popular oils for pain relief is lavender, which provides relaxation benefits for both physical and psychological well being. By reducing anxiety and/or depression, the body is able to relax, thereby decreasing muscular tension. So how do you apply lavender?
- Rub directly on the temples and back of the neck; this will provide a sense of peace and relaxation to help ease physical pain.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath; this will warm up the muscles while increasing blood flow.
- Run a few drops through a diffuser and relax; this will help ease anxiety and muscle strain.
Use a 100% natural essential oil blend
By using an essential oil blend, you’ll gain benefits from a number of oils without having to apply them separately. Most blends are formulated to address a specific issue – in this case, for muscle pain and sedation. We’ll show you two blends you can use that can work as a natural muscle relaxant substitute.
Respiratory Blend: This proprietary blend is engineered to treat ongoing discomfort. Blended with a range of oils, the Respiratory Blend delivers a soothing effect for everything from sore muscles to achy joints. It contains the following oils:
- Blue Tansy
- German Chamomile
Calming Blend: Also a proprietary blend, this blend delivers calming, sedative-like qualities that generate a state of peace and relaxation. It also provides an invigorating sense of well-being through the following oils:
- Vanilla bean
- Sweet marjoram
- Ylang ylang
- Roman chamomile
A quick recap
If you’re looking for a natural alternative to prescription muscle relaxants, there are natural solutions out there. So to recap:
- A quality essential oil can complement or even replace prescription drugs like Soma and Valium.
- Use a single oil like lavender or peppermint to decrease pain and relax the mind and body.
- Use an essential oil blend or concoct your own blend of single oils to boost the effect.
Before wrapping up, know that the efficacy of the product is contingent on the quality of the oil. Learn more below.
- Muscle Relief is like a medicinal genie in a bottle. Its minty and powerful aroma organizes the...