Lavender and lemon are among the most commonly used essential oils. If not, the most popular among all other oils.
And they often go together to make an excellent mix for a range of benefits.
Below you will find the top benefits of each oil and how to craft wonderful lavender and lemon essential oil blends that can help relax you, energize you, and more.
Benefits of Lavender
Lavender was discovered thousands of years ago. And thanks to its antioxidant, antidepressive, and antimicrobial properties (along with several more), it has been used in products and as aromatherapy for centuries.
Indeed, essential oils aren”t just some modern craze that was finally discovered. Very early on, lavender was widely used as an antibacterial agent. The stems and leaves of lavender were used to counter digestive issues and it was used by the ancient Romans for cooking, bathing, and purification. Probably the most widely known piece of history is the use of essential oils in the Bible (for healing, anointing, etc.).
Today, it”s used for all of these reasons and more:
- Anxiety: We all deal with stress from time to time. It”s the reason so many Americans take anti-anxiety medication. Lavender can help you curb that stress and unwind after a hard day”s work.
- Insomnia: A high percentage of the U.S. population suffers from insomnia or another sleep disorder. There”s research to suggest that lavender can slow down activity in the nervous symptom, which can help with sleep problems.
- Depression: Like anxiety, depression is health problem that scores of Americans take drugs for. Lavender can stimulate brain activity in a similar way that antidepressant drugs do.
- Pain: Lavender is known as one of the most effective essential oils for treating pain. Rather than reaching for that bottle of Tylenol, try lavender to ease inflammation, sore muscles, headaches, and other forms of pain.
- Digestive Issues: A well functioning digestive system is a beginning point for general wellness. Lavender can spark mobility in the intestines while producing more gastric juices. In turn, this can help treat gas, nausea, and indigestion.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT LAVENDER OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are...
Benefits of Lemon
Like lavender, lemon essential oil has no shortage of therapeutic benefits. It can be both calming and stimulating. It has a lengthy roster of powerful properties, including astringent, antiseptic, antifungal, and more.
Lemons and lemon oil have been used to treat health conditions for more than a thousand years. Citrus oils themselves have many uses in both medicine and food, and lemon is among the more popular citrus oils. And the benefits have been well researched.
It can work in all aspects of your life, everything from reinvigorating your body to keeping your home pure and clean.
- Stomach Problems: As a carminative, lemon oil can help ease a variety of tummy issues, including cramps, upset stomach, and acidity. Additionally, you could add a couple drops to a glass of water to alleviate heartburn and acid indigestion.
- Sore throat: Citrus oils like lemon contain properties that can sooth a scratchy or sore throat. It”s particularly useful when taking internally with a pure, food grade brand of oil.
- Alertness: To maintain focus and improve your concentration, apply lemon oil. Used properly, this wonderful oil can energize your brain and promote better mind clarity.
- Cleaning: Thanks to its antifungal and antibacterial makeup, lemon is an excellent ingredient for household cleaners. Mix with vinegar and other potential oils to keep your dishes, furniture, and home surfaces clean.
- Immune System: Lemon is concentrated with a high volume of vitamin content, making it a great boost for your immune system. Moreover, it helps stimulate white blood cell production, increasing your ability to ward off illness.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT LEMON OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their...
Lavender and Lemon Mix Recipes
Now that you know the key benefits of lavender and lemon essential oil, we”ll outline some recipes that include both ingredients. The couple recipes are a little more in-depth, but you”ll find the rest are quite easy to implement.
1. Hand Cream
Mixing beeswax, and borax, and essential oils, the following recipe makes a great DIY hand cream that nourishes your skin.
- 1 cup of almond oil
- 1 tsp of lavender oil
- 1 tsp of lemon oil
- 3/4 oz of beeswax
- 1/4 tsp of Borax
- 1 cup of water
- Combine beeswax and almond oil in a double boiler to melt.
- Dissolve Borax in water and add mixture to blender.
- Turn on blender and slowly pour in the wax/oil mix.
- Blend until the cream thickens and becomes hazy looking.
- Add lavender and lemon oil and whisk until the contents are thick.
- Store in a 16 oz container.
- UNDILUTED ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL SET: This set contains 10 mL each of Organic Peppermint, Organic...
2. Lavender Lemonade
This recipe is a tasty natural headache drink that can help ease a headache and relax your body. Lavender lemonade is a simple drink recipe that you can craft in just a few minutes. Just remember to only use essential oils that are safe for internal consumption.
- Drink pitcher
- 12 cups of water
- 2 drops of lavender oil
- 2 drops of lemon
- 4 lemons
- Raw honey (optional)
- Squeeze the juices of your lemons into the pitcher
- Add the water, oils, and optional honey
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- Chill the recipe in the refrigerator
3. Household Cleaner
As noted, lemon essential oils is a great disinfectant that can purify your home. Adding in lavender to your own household cleaner will enhance the scent of your cleaner.
- Glass spray bottle
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 10 drop of lemon oil
- 7 drops of lavender
Just add in the ingredients one by one and shake well.
4. Respiratory Blend
Thanks to the many therapeutic benefits in lemon and lavender, combining these essential oils can provide excellent respiratory support. Diffuse the following oils in your diffuser to relieve a cough, sore throat, and nasal congestion.
- 2 drops of lavender
- 2 drops of peppermint
- 2 drops of lemon
5. Calming Diffuser Blend
As noted, lavender is one of the best relaxation essential oils available. Meanwhile, lemon contains neuro-affecting properties that can improve you mood. Coupled together this diffuser blend can put your mind at ease while relaxing your body.
- 3 drops of lemon
- 2 drops of lavender
- 1 drop of rosemary