Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs, the list goes on. If you suffer from sleep issues, you’ve likely tried out several different “sleep treatments.” A good chunk of America is on Ambien, Benadryl, or other prescription or OTC medications.
Depending on the person, some of these traditional sleep solutions can work wonders. But there’s a drawback. Most prescription or over-the-counter drugs are stocked with a bundle of side effects – not to mention, there are a number of potentially dangerous chemicals included in most of these drugs. That’s why more and more people are turning to natural remedies. Like the essential oil Liquid Ambien recipe we’ll be outlining in this article.
Disclosure: Essential oils are not always replacements for chronic health conditions. So be sure to do diligent research before ceasing any medications you are currently taking.
Essential Oils – A Natural Sleep Aid
Before offering our Liquid Ambien essential oils recipe, here are a few statistics about sleep issues in America:
- Nearly a third of Americans struggle with some kind of sleep disruption
- About 1 in 10 Americans suffer functional impairment during the day due to sleep problems
- 30 percent of Americans claim they have at least one insomnia-like symptom every night or almost every night
- More than 60 percent of women experience some insomnia symptoms at least a few nights a week
In other words… if you often find yourself dreary-eyed throughout the day, you’re not alone. You’re also not alone if you’ve considered natural alternatives like essential oils to help ease your sleepless nights.
Lavender, on its own, has been shown to profoundly treat sleeplessness. For instance, researchers from The University of Southampton came up with the following results when observing the sleep patterns of adults:
- For a week, half of the study’s participants slept in a bunker room where lavender oil was diffused throughout the night
- The other half of the study’s participants slept in a bunker room with a diffuser that emitted a placebo
- The groups then switched rooms, testing their sleep for another week. By the end of the study, the participants confirmed that their quality of sleep was 25% better in the room with the lavender essential oil.
In essence, even a single oil such as lavender can work wonders. Combined with other “sedative” oils – such as vetiver – the results are much more powerful.
The Liquid Ambien Essential Oils Recipe
Now that you know all the nitty gritty science…
There’s no “official” essential oil recipe for sleep. Partly because everyone reacts to oils differently.
The following ingredients combine relaxing, sedative, and mood-enhancing oils. Bundle them all up and it makes for a simple recipe that will cater to most people.
- 15 drops of lavender
- 10 drops of vetiver
- 15 drops of frankincense
- 10 drops of ylang ylang
Combine the oils in a 15ML bottle and fill the rest with a carrier oil. Shake well.
- For topical use: Rub on your feet and back of the neck
- For aromatic use: Add three to five drops in a diffuser