It should go without saying, but your kidneys are among the most important organs in your body. They assist in detoxing and filtering out various impurities in your blood, in addition to waste elements lingering in your urine. If you’ve had one (or are currently suffering from one), you know kidney stones can be very painful experience, potentially blocking passage of the flow of urine.
Anyhow, our goal isn’t to provide education on the functionality of your kidneys. We’re going to outline a few natural kidney stone removal methods that many people have find effective.
A quick heads up: We do not hold P.h.Ds and therefore we are not qualified to make any treatment or curative claims. These are merely suggestions that we have found impactful.
5 Natural remedies for kidney stone removal
While there are a number of traditional medical treatments you can use to treat kidney stones, there is no shortage of natural remedies you can try out as well. We’re going to start off with just a few general options, and then we’ll present our favorite method for dissolving kidney stones and relieving the pain that accompanies them.
1. Magnesium: This is more of a preventative measure, but there have been studies showing that people who suffer from recurrent kidney stones can prevent them by taking magnesium. A group of Harvard scientists, for instance, discovered that taking magnesium supplements along with vitamin B6 daily will prevent kidney stones by over 92%.
- Each Bottle of Magnesium L-Threonate, 2,000 mg Per Serving Contains 30 Servings
2. Pomegranate Juice: You may already have heard about the health benefits of pomegranates. The juice in pomegranate itself is often used as a natural kidney stone removal method. We recommend both consuming organic pomegranates while also drinking the juice from the fruit.
3. Celery: Both in vegetable form and from the seed, celery is great at promoting urine flow and the tonics of your kidneys. Many people consume the seed through either a spice or as a drinkable tea. Like magnesium, celery works more as a preventative kidney stone method then a removal or relief treatment.
4. Basil: Working as a “tonifier,” basil can be consumed consistently – typically as a tea – to improve the overall health of your kidneys. Pure basil juice, mixed with some raw honey, is known to help dissolve stones from the urinary tract.
5. Water: This one may seem a little obvious. But dehydration is a leading cause of kidney stone formation. Drinking large quantities of water throughout the day (at least two quarts) will help prevent kidney stones from forming.
6. Supplements: Kidney stone supplements contain a spectrum of natural ingredients to support kidney health. It’s a powerful detoxifying agent that works as a urinary cleanse.
General kidney stone prevention tips
Before we get into our favorite kidney stone relief and removal method, consider just a few basic tips for preventing these painful trials. There are things you can do to dissolve kidney stones while you have them (while also offering pain relief), but there also ways to alter your lifestyle in order to prevent future kidney problems.
- Monitor consumption of high-oxalate foods, such as beer, tea, nuts, seeds, and chocolate.
- Reduce consumption of high oxalate fruits and vegetables, such as berries, grapes, beets, and leafy greens.
- Don’t worry about limiting your consumption of calcium: Contrary to popular belief, low calcium intake can actually promote the development of kidney stones.
Essential oils for kidney stones
Essential oils are versatile natural products used for a variety of wellness benefits. And many have found essential oils to be highly effective for kidney stone removal. The most popular option for dealing with this painful event is lemon essential oil.
- Cold pressed lemon oil (Citrus Limon) from the rinds of lemon; unfiltered and undiluted with no...
The easiest application method would be to rub a couple drops topically (if you have sensitive skin, mix with a carrier oil) around the surface area near the pain. You will, of course, want to continue to drink a lot of water throughout the day. Consider mixing together water and a couple tbsp of lemon juice to make your own kidney stone “shot.”
Simply stir the mixture up and then chug it down. Be sure that you follow up the “shot” with a chaser of water. And then continue to drink large quantities of water throughout the day and evenings. You can consume the concoction three to four times a day to help dissolve and flush out the stone.
Essential oils are not only a natural, healthy method for removing kidney stones; they can help you avoid another costly and time-consuming emergency room visit!