Indeed, there are plenty of natural remedies to ward off toenail fungus. But how effective are they?
Apple cider vinegar, in particular, has natural antifungal properties that can halt the spread of toenail fungus while eliminating it with consistent treatment.
Sure, there are plenty of over-the-counter products that can help fight this condition. The problem is, some of those drugs impose significant side effects. Hence, the reason many people resort to home remedies like apple cider vinegar.
How Apple Cider Vinegar Fights Toenail Fungus
Apple cider vinegar has a whole host of benefits. Many of these benefits are supported with significant research and science. As an ancient folk remedy, ACV has been used for everything from weight management to cholesterol reduction and diabetes treatment.
Here are a few examples:
- Diabetes: Among the most effective applications to date is its impact on type 2 diabetes. ACV can help keep blood sugar levels within the standard range. While the most recommended remedy for diabetes is regulating consumption of sugar and refined carbs, ACV has potent effects.
- Weight loss: Unsuspectingly, apple cider vinegar can even help you manage your weight. Several studies validate this claim. One study in particular revealed that if you take ACV with a meal that is high in carbs, you’ll get a boosted “feel of fullness” allowing you to consume 200 to 275 fewer calories within a 24-hour period.
- Heart health: What’s the most common cause of death in the world? Heart disease. While in many cases, traditional medical treatment is necessary, natural solutions like apple cider vinegar can improve your heart health. For example, this animal study indicated that ACV can reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels, accompanies with other heart disease risks.
- Harmful bacteria: Vinegar on its own can exterminate a whole host of pathogens – including bacteria. More than two millenia ago, Hippocrates (the founder of modern medicine) used vinegar to sanitize wounds. It is also used as a natural food preservative to halt bacteria from spoiling food.
So you can see apple cider vinegar has plenty of benefits, some that can even help with serious health conditions.
An excellent perk of apple cider vinegar is that it can be applied both inside and outside of your body. You can consume it internally to kill off yeast in your body, or you can apply it topically to kill the exterior yeast that comprises foot fungus.
ACV Foot Soak For Foot Fungus
Of course, like any home remedy, the key is to use ACV with the most effective methods. Doing so will help expedite healing and rid yourself of the plague as soon as possible.
To make things simple, here is an excellent video that describes how to most effectively implement an ACV foot soak for toenail fungus:
- CONTAINS MOTHER OF VINEGAR - Unfiltered and unpasteurized, every bottle contains the naturally...
How long this toenail fungus treatment will take to work depends on the how severe the infection is. If you catch it right away, and start treatment immediately, it could just take a couple weeks to dissipate. Conversely, if you’ve suffered with it for a lengthy period of time, it could many more weeks before it is completely gone.
Remember, the growth rate of one person’s toenails isn’t going to be the same as someone else’s. So getting a definitive time frame isn’t possible.
Waiting for fungus to disappear can be quite the frustration. But you must be relentless in your treatments. This is one of the most important factors. Just because it starts to slowly recede doesn’t mean you should cease treatment. Keep up your regimen until you are absolutely positive that there are no remnants of fungus remaining.
Think of it this way… you’re toenail fungus didn’t completely surface overnight. Therefore, it’s not going to disappear overnight.