Cholesterol medications are among the more widely prescribed drugs on the pharmaceutical market. Higher-than-average cholesterol levels can be a silent danger that puts you at risk of a heart attack. Fortunately, there are natural techniques like applying bergamot orange essential oils that can help moderate your cholesterol levels and improve your overall health.
In this article, we”ll outline a general background of cholesterol and how bergamot essential oil can help. Please note that high cholesterol can be a serious risk. Therefore, we do not claim that essential oils or other natural remedies can cure serious symptoms.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT BERGAMOT OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are...
How Bergamot Essential Oil Can Reduce Cholesterol
Cholesterol can be found in every cell in your body, containing essential functions for hormone production, food digestion, and vitamin D creation. It is both created by the body and taken in from the food we consume.
The largest risk factors for rising cholesterol can be somewhat moderated by certain lifestyle changes. Some of these changes may include:
- Improve your diet with heart-healthy foods and drinks.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, cigars, and other products.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Follow a management plan to maintain a healthy weight.
According to a Harvard Health report, the following foods will help reduce bad cholesterol levels:
- Beans, barley, eggplant, nuts, oats, vegetable oil, soy, fruits, fatty fish, and foods that are rich in fiber.
Meanwhile, the report affirms, the following foods are bad for cholesterol levels:
- Red meat, margarine, baked goods, hydrogenated oils, and high-fat dairy products.
Prescription drugs and natural remedies aren”t the cure-all solutions for high cholesterol. But in addition to using alternatives like bergamot essential oil, a few lifestyle alterations can help immensely.
So where does Bergamot essential oil come in? In addition to a range of other benefits – skin maintenance, mood health, stress relief, etc. – studies reveal that bergamot can indeed even help regulate cholesterol levels.
- CERTIFIED USDA BERGAMOT ESSENTIAL OIL - Healing Solution's Bergamot Essential Oil is registered on...
Bergamot is often known for its distinct aroma and flavor in popular drinks like Earl Grey tea. It”s also a valuable ingredient in many popular perfumes. But as indicated, research suggests that bergamot essential oil can be a powerful cholesterol-reducing agent.
A 6-month study by Front Pharmacol measured the cholesterol benefits of bergamot essential oil on 80 participants. Thanks to the large amounts of flavonoids existing in bergamot, the study found that when administered to people for 6 months, it helped curb cholesterol levels.
Another study conducted by the International Journal of Cardiology discovered a notable amount of bad cholesterol reduction when participants took a thousand milligrams of bergamot extract daily for 30 days.
How to Use Bergamot For Bad Cholesterol Reduction
Note that there are some other essential oils that can help reduce bad cholesterol. Oils like lemongrass, ginger, and clove all contain properties that can improve cholesterol levels.
So, what is the best way to apply them?
You”ll want to take them internally via a capsule or mixed with a drink.
Caution: When taking essential oils internally it is critical that you only use food grade brands. Some less expensive brands may contain chemical fillers. Be sure to read the label of the brand to verify that it is safe for internal use.
Here are a few ways to apply bergamot internally:
- Add a few drops to a vegetable capsule and swallow with water.
- Dilute one drop in four fl. oz. of water.
- Add a couple drops to a cup of tea (Earl Grey is great option).