Pet odors, dirty diapers, days-old trash, the list goes on. There are a number of ways to remove foul odors from your home. Good old fashioned air fresheners, of course, are among the more widely used odor eliminators.
But do you know the ingredients in that traditional air freshener you may pick up at your local department store? Quite frankly, it’s not pretty to think of all the chemicals infused in these bottles. And to think, when you hit that spray lever you’re ingesting them straight into your body.
Let’s take Febreze, for instance. Each bottle of Febreze harbors a whopping 87 different chemicals, some of which that are even toxic to humans. I won’t go through all 87 chemicals, but here are just a few that may come as a shock:
- 1,3-Dichloro-2-propanol has been linked to various forms of cancer.
- Gerinoil can be a severe irritant to the eyes, skin, and lungs.
- Propylene glycol can prompt allergies and is toxic to the immune system.
- Alcohol denatured is known to produce toxins in the organ system
- THE COMPLETE BUNDLE - Our Essence Diffuser has a 300 ml capacity and uses state of the art wave...
This is why more and more people are considering organic “air freshener” options. Sure, you can find some sprayable natural odor eliminator. But what about trying something that does a whole lot more than just eliminate odors? Well, all it takes is an open mind and a little DIY attitude.
Before we get into what we consider the “ultimate odor eliminator,” consider these basic household stench removers:
- Baking soda: Spot clean trash cans, put some in your work shoes, sprinkle it on your carpet before vacuuming.
- White vinegar: While it may not smell pleasant when you apply it initially, it works well as an overall odor repellent
- Household plants: Growing plants in your home provides a natural air cleanser. Putting fragrant herbs near a window (where they’ll get sun) can be particularly effective.
- Natural spray: Organic odor eliminator sprays that contain only natural ingredients, free of harmful chemicals and masking fragrances. Fresh Wave’s odor remover spray is a healthy and effective option.
Essential oils – the ultimate aroma freshener
Maybe you’ve heard of them. Maybe not. Either way, essential oils provide a whole lot more than most people expect. It’s a misconception that these all natural products are designed simply to, that’s right, “smell nice.”
Sure, they certainly work well as natural fragrances, but they do far more. And the versatility of concocting your own recipes often becomes a lifestyle in itself.
In terms of fighting off undesirable odors, there are a number of oils to try out. Generally, the more citrusy oils pack the best punch. Lemon, in particular, is the most common essential oil for warding off bad odors. It’s especially popular among dog and other pet owners. But not only is lemon effective at eliminating undesirable odors, it also delivers a host of therapeutic benefits:
- Works as a powerful antioxidant and disinfectant
- Supports both the nervous and sympathetic nervous system
- Works great as a sanitizer, often used for homemade cleaning products.
- Provides healthy soothing benefits that increase energy levels
- Frequently added to food to increase flavor of both main dishes and desserts
- Offers health benefits for things like indigestion, throat irritation, and respiratory issues
So, you can see, lemon essential oil is far more than just a natural odor eliminator. It is a healthy natural alternative that delivers a world of benefits.
- Essential oil diffuser with top 6 essential oils: URPOWER new version essential oil diffuser with...
An essential oil blend
Another impactful odor repellent option is using a recipe of multiple essential oils. There are two general options for using an essential oil blend:
- Find a good recipe that details the formula, and create your own blend.
- Find an already formulated blend by a legitimate essential oil company
For the sake of time, we’ll show you the latter. The Cleansing Blend is a proprietary formula crafted by the essential oil brand we represent. It is a therapeutic grade blend that is engineered specifically to purify and eradicate odors in a 100% natural way.
As we noted, the Cleansing Blend is designed to purify your environment while replacing bad odors with a refreshing, invigorating scent. One of it’s more popular uses is for eliminating pet odors. It provides a range of other benefits as well, including energy boost, insect repellant, DIY cleaner, and protection from environmental threats.
How to apply these natural odor eliminators
What’s great about essential oils is they have a lot of versatility in how they can be applied. And depending on what you’re using them for, you may find that one application may work better than another application method. In terms of providing odor relief, consider these key application procedures:
- Place a couple drops in a diffuser and diffuse throughout your home, office, or wherever the odor is lingering.
- For vehicles or smaller rooms, put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it in the air vent.
- To get rid of odors on your clothes, add a few drops to the rinse cycle when doing laundry.
For non-odor related benefits you can try out these applications:
- Mix a couple drops with water and combine into a spray bottle to sanitize surfaces.
- Apply topically to the bottom of the feet, wrists, and/or back of the neck for improved energy and mental clarity.
- Apply to mosquito or insect bites to provide instant relief.
- PREMIUM ESSENCE DIFFUSER - Our Essence Diffuser has a 400 ml capacity and uses state of the art wave...
Sure, you can find some traditional air freshener that may do the trick. But you can see, the uses for essential oils are seemingly endless. And not including all of the therapeutic benefits you’ll gain from using them, you’ll be able to sterilize your home with an all organic, homemade odor eliminator that’s healthy for you and your family.