Suffering from a migraine, nausea, or a splitting headache due to a little too much partying? There’s no use in ignoring it, it’s happened to the best of us. That mind-bending hangover that consumes you the morning after.
First off, I’d like to give you the best possible advice for “curing” a hangover: Drink in moderation. But preaching about responsible drinking isn’t the focus of this article. So we’ll pretend it’s New Year’s Day and you simply lost count of your drinks the night before.
The essential oils for hangover solution
- Earth Solutions Scent Inhalers are derived from pure and natural essential oil blends extracted from...
- Diffuse by way of aromatherapy.
- Apply topically, directly to the skin (optional: dilute with a carrier oil).
- Make up a “cocktail” recipe as an effective hangover cure.
To be clear, these are methods to consider that can supplement your non-organic remedy efforts. For instance, drinking water, eating certain foods, and getting considerable rest are absolute musts for getting rid of a hangover.
That being said, using essential oils can ease the pain and help speed up the healing process. They do this by acting as anti-inflammatory agents and antidotes for the nausea that comes with excessive drinking.
Peppermint oil for hangovers
Peppermint is one of the best essential oil hangover cures. It’s effective for treating the intense nausea and painstaking headaches and migraines that consume you the morning after. Using peppermint, especially when coupled with lemon or orange, can give you a rush to the head that will ease head pain and give you an instant jolt of energy. Possible uses for this natural hangover remedy are:
- Before taking a shower or bath, put a few drops in the bottom and cover the drain. This will produce peppermint aromatherapy steam that provides almost instant relief.
- Rub peppermint oils on your temples and back of your head to ease that splitting headache.
- Place a few drops of oil onto your stomach and lower back to curb that nauseous feeling.
All in all, using peppermint essential oils for hangovers provides the relief you need for nausea, but mostly headaches and migraines.
- REFRESH, INVIGORATE, REVITALIZE: Used for centuries for its revitalizing properties, peppermint...
The lavender cure
Not just for hangovers, lavender essential oil is often considered the cure-all for a variety of health symptoms, everything from anxiety to insomnia. It’s a well-rounded treatment for all sorts of discomfort. Here are a couple suggestions for using lavender oil as a hangover cure:
- Aromatherapy: Place 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of peppermint in a diffuser. Lay down and relax.
- Similar to the peppermint method, apply lavender topically to your temples or wrists to help you relax. Note: if you are having stomach issues, you might just stick to the peppermint.
You can also combine lavender with lemon or wild orange to maximize the impact.
- ALL-AROUND FANTASTIC ESSENTIAL OIL: Lavender oil is ultra-versatile and loaded with benefits. That's...
- Peppermint: Best for headaches and nausea. Apply topically or through aromatherapy.
- Lavender: Best for relaxing your body as you recover. Apply topically or through a diffuser.
If you are completely new to essential oils, we recommend starting with one or both of these oils. Furthermore, before making your purchases, you first should understand the difference between standard oils (like the kind you’d buy on Amazon or your health foods store) and 100% pure oils.