Suffering from nausea, heartburn, morning sickness, maybe the flu or common cold? These are difficult health issues to deal with during pregnancy. After all, you’re sweet little one is keeping you from taking all the medications you’re used to taking when sick.
Essential oils are one of the most effective natural remedies for dealing with a range of issues for pregnant women. Everything from congestion to emotional stress and depression, there’s an essential oil for nearly any illness or ailment.
What we’re going to do in this article is give you a safe home remedy for a variety of ailments you may be dealing with while pregnant. Consider it a guide for maintaining your sanity during the exciting, but sometimes challenging adventure that we call pregnancy. (A note for a little healthy self promotion: All of these oils and blends are available in our store.)
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and...
We’ll start off with the big one: Morning Sickness, and all of that dreadful nausea that you may be dealing with on a daily basis. Of course, as you know it’s not just morning sickness. It’s ongoing nausea and sleepiness that can hijack your entire day. Well, here’s your organic remedy solution:
- Diffuse three drops of Peppermint right next to your bed to deal with morning nausea. For sleepiness, rub some Peppermint on your temples to give you instant pep.
While not as frequent as Morning Sickness and nausea, heartburn is also a common issue pregnancy brings. Indeed, there’s an oil for that one too.
- Like nausea, diffusing Peppermint is an effective solution. Also, you can dilute three drops of Peppermint in water and sip throughout the day.
Anxiety, stress, and depression
As much joy as you may have to be pregnant with a little boy or girl, anxiety and depression can certainly bug you throughout your pregnancy. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
- Mix 3 drops of Lavender with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to wrists, neck, and behind the ears. You can also diffuse throughout your room. Doing some yoga wouldn’t hurt either!
Sleeplessness or insomnia
Another common health issue that pregnancy can cause is lack of sleep. Sometimes this may be psychological, and other times there could be some physical restlessness that is keeping you from getting quality sleep.
- Mix 3 drops of Lavender and/or Frankincense with some Fractionated Coconut oil and massage to back, feet, wrists, and neck. It would also be good to diffuse the oils on the night stand right next to your bed.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Good Sleep Blend on the market, in our opinion. If you are not...
Back pain and other discomfort
Back pain and other forms of discomfort are common throughout pregnancy, especially as you get closer to your due date. There are some good single oils and blends for pain management.
- Apply Peppermint and/or Lavender to the area of your body that needs attention. For cool, soothing pain relief, apply the Soothing Blend.
It is common for women to suffer from yeast infections during pregnancy. And of course, if you want to protect the health of your baby, you want to limit what medications you put into your body.
- Mix 2 drops of Lavender with 2 Tbs. of bath salts into warm water. Soak in the tub for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Cough and congestion
We know, trying to deal with a cold or flu when pregnant is a daunting task. After all, the last thing you want to do is fill your body with Dayquil and other chemical medications you may be used to taking.
- Add a couple drops of Pepperming to a diffuser or put in a bowl of hot water for steam inhalation. This can also help to clear up your sinuses.
Avoiding stretch marks
Stretch marks seem to be one of those unavoidable issues when it comes to being pregnant (but isn’t it worth it? The pregnancy, that is). Well, essential oils can help to mitigate unfavorable skin changes.
- Add 2 drops of Lavender and Frankincense to a little bit of olive oil, and then apply throughout the day.
I think it’s safe to say, what pregnancy ultimately brings is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, what all leads up to the big day isn’t always so rosy – especially when you’re confined to a stricter-than-usual regiment.
Fortunately, there are natural remedies for pregnancy, like essential oils, that can help provide comfort; as you can see, for a range of health issues.
- The Best Blends Top 6 contains the following therapeutic essential oils: Breathe, Good Sleep, Head...
Caution: Before rushing into making a purchase, be sure to know the quality and applications of the essential oil you’re considering. Some brands (particularly the cheaper ones) may not be safe to use during pregnancy.
Oh, and by the way, congratulations on your pregnancy!