Insomnia and general sleeplessness affect millions of Americans every day. In fact, nearly a third of Americans report some sort of sleep disruption, while about 10 percent suffer from functional impairment throughout the day due to sleep deprivation.
So if you struggle to get dreamy Zzz’s night after night, you’re certainly not alone.
Herein lies the question: How can you effectively get to sleep and stay asleep in a 100% natural way – without having to resort to the conventional ways of the world. And when we say “conventional,” we mean partaking in chemically-infused substances.
Disclaimer: We believe that over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs have their place in our healthcare system; therefore, we cannot claim that the natural remedies we outline are a cure for better sleep. Always consult your doctor first before making any serious health decisions. Okay, now that we have the disclosure out of the way…
- NATURAL HEALING POWERS! Deep Sleep Essential oil set is a sleep-inducing, calming, skin-soothing,...
Natural ways to get better sleep
Any plan to improve your life and health, in some form, requires a comprehensive strategy. And when it comes to getting quality sleep, it is no different. So before we outline our favorite home remedy for getting and staying asleep naturally, consider these basic tips:
- Monitor your diet, and avoid that oh-so-tempting “midnight snack.”
- Turn down lighting and electronic devices. The bright blue lights from alarm clocks can disturb restful sleep.
- Minimize your physical activity before bed (not including sex, which can actually help!)
- Find ways to curb stress on your mind and body (this is where our favorite home remedies outlined below can really help!).
Sometimes the things that can improve our lives the most are just simple changes in lifestyle. That being said, there are a number of additional initiatives you can take to make even greater improvements.
- NATURAL RICHES AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS Serenity, Peace & Calming Blend: Creates RELAXING GOOD...
Our natural sleep remedy home treatment
Aromatherapy has been used for centuries by cultures all across the globe. You might have even heard of essential oils like frankincense and myrrh being used back in Bible times. Of course, a common misconception is that essential oils are just a natural form of “fragrance.” And while they can certainly work great as perfumes and colognes, they have much more to offer.
For instance, lavender has sedative properties that promote relaxation – making it a great to use for unwinding before bed. In fact, there have been a number of studies suggesting that lavender can help with not just getting to sleep in a timely manner (it is also known to cause lucid dreaming), but achieving quality sleep throughout the night. So what are the best ways to apply lavender for a better night’s sleep?
- Run a few drops through a diffuser in your living room or bedroom to unwind.
- Pour a few drops into a warm bath and soak (feel free to add in some epsom salts, too!)
- Rub a few drops on your wrists, bottom of feet, and/or wrists to gain instant results.
Try out an essential oil blend
In addition to using single oils like lavender (frankincense and ylang ylang work great as well), you can also apply essential oil blends. These are pre-formulated products that have multiple oils combined into a single bottle. Blends are strategically mixed to provide more targeted benefits.
- Good Night’s sweet aroma is like soft sheets, a weighted blanket and the perfect mattress. And if...
So there you have it! Couple essential oils with the basic lifestyle changes we listed above, and get to sleeping faster and staying asleep longer and more deeply.