Suffering from insomnia, or maybe just the occasional sleepless night? It’s easy to go the route of prescription medications or OTC drugs like NyQuil and Benadryl. Because let’s face it, they certainly can be effective. But have you considered a natural alternative to Ambien, a replacement for the myriad of drugs on the sleep aid market?
Note: Essential oils are not designed to “treat” or “cure” any form of serious illness. Due to compliance concerns we have had to cut out a significant amount of content on this page. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Maybe your sleep aid escapades have not been effective. Maybe you’re just looking for a natural, herbal substitute. Either way, homeopathic remedies can work wonders for those restless nights which so often lead to dreary-eyed days.
An herbal substitute that works
- Insomnia commonly affects adults, but can even be a burden to children too.
- Approximately 30% of Americans have reported some kind of sleep disruption.
- About 10% experience functional impairment during the day due to sleep deficiencies.
So, you’re not alone. But the fact is, staring at the ceiling for hours on end can, quite frankly, be miserable. That’s why we quickly resort to sleep aid drugs like Ambien, Lunesta, Nyquil, and the list goes on.
Fighting insomnia is most effective when you implement a comprehensive plan. This means not just taking medication or trying out some natural remedy, but also adjusting your daily habits. For instance, take note of these few additional tips on getting better sleep:
- Monitor what you eat and drink, particularly alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Minimize lighting and electronic devices in your bedroom (bright alarm clocks can often disrupt sleep).
- Relieve your mind and body of stress (note: Both Lavender and Vetiver work as excellent relaxation agents).
- Minimize any strenuous activities, such as working out, before bed.
As you’re monitoring these simple lifestyle habits, add natural alternatives to Ambien into the mix.