Harboring a strong but pleasing scent, the benefits of jasmine essential oil are numerous.
It’s far more than just a sweet and romantic aroma. Jasmine has been used for ages as a skin re-generator, mood-lifter, libido-booster, and much much more.
Extracted from the flowers of jasmine, this oil is often associated with love and romance. It’s served as inspiration for the poets of Victorian England. It’s taken the form of names for heroines in romance novels and films.
Now, what about its real-world application? Below you will find five jasmine essential oil recipes you can use to improve your everyday health and wellness.
- ESSENTIAL AROMATHERAPY/THERAPEUTIC - Jasmine is a romantic, relaxing and calming with a warm, sweet...
Essential Oil Recipes Using Jasmine
First, consider Jasmine’s many therapeutic properties:
Jasmine is often known for its mental health benefits, particularly in relation to anxiety and depression. But you can see, it hardly stops there.
Jot down the recipes below to see how you can use jasmine essential oil to restore and maintain all facets of your life.
1. Skin Care
Long associated with skin care treatment and maintenance, jasmine oil can help treat dry and dehydrated skin. And while it’s not recommended for use on open wounds (as it can prompt irritation), it is often used for dermatitis and eczema treatment.
With the right consistency, jasmine is effective for balancing out skin moisture and potentially eliminate scarring and stretch marks. Here are a couple skin care recipe ideas:
- Shampoo: Combine a few drops of jasmine and lavender with your shampoo for a great skin maintenance tool.
- Face serum: Add 2 oz of a carrier oil to a glass bottle. Mix in 15 drops of jasmine and shake well.
2. Libido & Sexual Health
As we’ve established, Jasmine has a lengthy history of its use in historical romance. The aroma of jasmine is known to boost libido and put you in a more loving mood. In various regions throughout Asia, jasmine flowers are spread across a married couple’s “first night” bed.
While there isn’t an overabundance of research to validate this, jasmine oil is known to help with impotence, frigidity, premature ejaculation, and a range of sexual disorders.
The following recipe can help both men and women in their sex lives:
- Combine 2 drops of jasmine and 1 drop of lavender with your chosen carrier oil and massage on you and/or your partner’s neck, thighs, and back of neck.
3. Pregnancy & Labor
Jasmine has several benefits for women in the area of pregnancy and post-labor. For instance, jasmine oil can boost milk secretion making it a great natural solution for lactating mothers.
Many pregnant women find that jasmine essential oil curbs the intensity of labor pains. It is known to increase contraction strength forcing a more speedy delivery process. There have been surveys that have concluded that applying jasmine regularly makes recovery less painful and shortens the typical post-natal period.
- Dilute a drop or two of jasmine heavily and massage around the breast to boost milk secretion.
- Dilute a couple drops of jasmine and massage in long strokes across the abdomen.
- Diffuse 3 drops of jasmine and 2 drops of lavender in the delivery room.
4. Sleep Improvement
Jasmine contains powerful sedative effects that fall in line with many commercially-processed pharmaceuticals. The benefit of using jasmine oil over these traditional methods is you sidestep the many potential side effects (addiction, dizziness, muscle weakness, etc.).
Jasmine can streamline the slumber process by eliminating restlessness and inducing long, undisturbed sleep. Meanwhile, you will improve your quality of life allowing you to work more productively and improve your personal life.
- Combine a few drops of jasmine with water in a spray bottle and spritz some on your pillow before better.
- Diffuse four drops of jasmine in your bedroom to promote more restful sleep (if you want to create a blend add a couple drops of lavender or ylang ylang).
5. Mood Enhancer & Calming
From time to time, everyone suffers from some level of stress and depression. There are a number of essential oils that have amazing uplifting and relaxing qualities. Jasmine is one of those oils that can help with both anxiety and depression interchangeably. Additionally, it can provide relief from anger, irritation, and grief.
- INGREDIENTS: 100% pure jasmine oil,non-toxic, no additives, unfiltered and undiluted with no fillers
Research published in Natural Product Communications discovered that jasmine essential oil that was applied to the skin over an 8-week period significantly improved the moods of participants and reduced physical and emotional signs of depleted energy.
- For mood: Diffuse 3 drops of jasmine and 2 drops of orange (to apply topically, dilute a drop of each oil with a carrier and massage on neck and chest).
- For stress:Diffuse 3 drops of jasmine, 2 drops of lavender, and 2 drops of frankincense (to apply topically, dilute a drop of each oil with a carrier oil and massage on neck and chest).