Sure, there are numerous medications you can take to stall or prevent hair loss. Of course, like the majority of prescription drugs (and many over-the-counter drugs) they come stocked with a number of side effects. Not to mention, the potential long-term health problems such drugs can stimulate.
That’s why more people are embracing natural alternatives like essential oils. Now, if you are an essential oil user, then you know, there’s no shortage of options. In fact, there are around a hundred essential oils that are available offered by a range of companies.
- THE BEST SMELLING & EFFECTIVE ROSEMARY OIL - 100% pure and natural, no additives, undiluted with no...
Why Men and Women Suffer Hair Loss
First, it’s important to know the most common reasons for hair loss. A head of hair is like a garden, and the health of the garden relies on on what’s going on underground.
Dermatologist Wendy Roberts offers a good explanation:
“Like a garden, a normal hair cycle should lead to a product, which is the hair. Growth cycles are important because when they go awry, that is one of the reasons we have hair loss.”
When it comes to hair loss, there is only so much you can control. Genetics, of course, can play a considerable role. But there are a number of non-genetic factors that can disrupt the “garden.” For example, drugs and various infections can impede on the natural cycle of your hair.
Other common culprits of hair loss include:
- Rapid weight loss
- Child labor
- High fever
- Hormonal changes
- Radiation therapy
- Hair treatments
So what can you do about it? Note that not all natural treatments – or conventional treatments, for that matter – can stave off hair loss. But many people find overwhelming success with essential oils like lavender and rosemary.
- BEST LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL for anxiety & as a sleep aid is a therapeutic grade homeopathic healing...
Benefits of Lavender Oil For Hair Growth
Oftentimes referred to as the “Swiss Army Knives of essential oils,” lavender is one of the most versatile oils, due to its numerous benefits. Everything from anxiety to sleep to pain and inflammation, lavender can fight off a range of debilitating problems.
One of those benefits is cell regeneration. Lavender can be mixed with a variety of bases, including creams, lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. Mixed with other natural products, it can help stimulate healthy hair growth.
It’s healing characteristics help cleanse the scalp while warding off many hair conditions, like itchiness and dandruff. It can also work as a deterrent to lice, as the scent causes the critters to flee. All in all, lavender oil maintains the health of your scalp, while encouraging hair growth.
Benefits of Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth
Rosemary is well known for its rejuvenating properties. And as far as hair, it cleanses, strengthens, and nourishes hair follicles to create a healthier and fuller head of hair. Additionally, for some people (everyone reacts differently to essential oils) it has the ability to darken gray hair.
What makes rosemary so special? It’s numerous properties…
- Antioxidants: According to a study by the International Journal of Biotechnology, rosemary has rich levels of antioxidants, with superior antibacterial and anti-inflammatory values compared to other herbs like thyme and basil.
- Stimulants: Rosemary is a potent stimulant. Rubbing the oil into your scalp helps to circulate the hair follicles. More nutrient-rich blood paves the way for quick and healthy hair growth.
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is a root cause (no pun intended) for many skin and hair conditions. Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, Rosemary curbs the scalp inflammation that can foster hair loss.
Note: There also supplements available that promotes hair growth. Hairfluence is one company to consider.
- 100% PURE & NATURAL ROSEMARY OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold...
Hair Growth Essential Oil Recipe
While lavender and rosemary can work great for hair growth on their own, another option is to craft your own essential oil recipe. The following rinse combines lavender, rosemary, and apple cider vinegar. The ingredients are:
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of Borax
- 3 T. of apple cider vinegar
Mix the ingredients in a glass jar and apply the rinse twice per week.