The beginner’s “trio.” The “gateway oils.”
Due to their vast uses and benefits, this is what these three essential oils are often referred to as.
Lemon, lavender, and peppermint oil provide therapeutic benefits ranging from sanitation to mood and energy improvement. While the popularity of aromatherapy has spiked in recent years, this natural phenomenon isn’t anything new.
Essential oils like lavender, frankincense, and myrrh, have been used for centuries. Millennia, in fact.
Still, while they have a deeply rooted history, the wide range of benefits essential oils can provide have more recently been discovered.
Top Benefits of Essential Oils
If you are already an aromatherapy user, then you know, the aroma itself is only one benefit of using essential oils. There are hundreds of different oils, each offering their own therapeutic benefits. And there are several different ways to apply these natural solutions.
For instance, you might:
- Diffuse a couple different oils in your home or office
- Apply an oil topically on your neck, wrists, and/or bottom of your feet
- Use a portable aromatherapy accessory to diffuse on the go
Now, for the numerous uses people use for three of the most popular oils: lemon, lavender, and peppermint.
10 Lemon Uses
1. Combine a couple drops with a warm, damp rag to sanitize countertops.
2. Polish faucets and other fixtures in your bathroom.
3. Polish dressers, dinner table, and other wood furniture.
4. Clean out your microwave by adding 6 drops to a glass container and warming for 2 minutes.
5. Diffuse in your living room to ward off allergies and other environmental health effects.
6. Ease constipation by applying topically to your abdomen.
7. Diffuse throughout your home to purify the air (another trick is to add a couple drops to a cotton ball and place in your vent).
8. Freshen up your clothing by adding a couple drops to a wet laundry load.
9. Diluted with a carrier oil, apply topically to cold sores.
10. Mix with vinegar or water to craft your own household cleaner.
10 Lavender Uses
1. Add a couple drops to your pillow to promote faster and deeper sleep.
2. Diluting with a carrier oil, apply topically to bruises or minor burns to quicken healing.
3. Massage into skin where muscles are tired or sore.
4. Add a couple drops to a bath to relax following a stressful day.
5. Inhale straight from the bottle for quick relaxation.
6. Create your own natural lavender perfume recipe.
7. Apply topically or inhale directly from the bottle to ease heart palpitations.
8. Add to a warm compress to calm menstrual cramping.
9. Mix with shampoo or conditioner to eliminate and prevent dandruff.
10. Diluting with a carrier oil, apply topically to reduce acne and improve skin health.
10 Peppermint Uses
1. Apply topically to upper chest area to relieve cough or sore throat.
2. Diffuse a couple drops to reduce sinus and chest congestion.
3. Inhale directly from bottle for an instant boost of energy.
4. Apply topically to your tummy to reduce stomach ache.
5. Working as a natural painkiller, apply topically to curb muscle aches and pains.
6. Inhale or diffuse to reduce hunger cravings (which, in turn, helps with weight management).
7. Add a couple drops to your conditioner or shampoo to stimulate scalp and give you a morning brain boost.
8. Apply to your neck and/or bottom of feet to taper off a fever.
9. Apply to temples and neck to curb migraine pain and eliminate minor headaches.
10. Diffuse or rub behind your ears to reduce nausea.