While many women go through menopause without too much grief, others experience significant side effects – everything from hot flashes to mind and body changes. Well, as the title of this article suggests, there are natural menopause solutions out there to treat a range of symptoms.
Menopause symptoms can be everywhere from moderate to severe, and these unexpected changes can be a shock for many women. Anxiety, depression, weight gain, hot flashes – all can be supported by organic treatments. Essential oil home remedies, in particular, have been highly effective in treating menopause.
First, the symptoms
Among others, hot flashes can present the following symptoms:
- Heat that begins in the chest
- Heat that lingers up towards the face
- Intense heat throughout both the chest and face
- Reddish color of the skin
- Excessive sweating and sometimes even chills
Before we dig into the best natural menopause solution, consider altering your current daily habits. These activities can intensify your menopause symptoms:
- Smoking cigarettes
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Too much caffeine
- Exposure to heat
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Diet (sometimes too much sugar can intensify menopause issues)
Now moving on to the top herbal remedy for menopausal symptoms.
Essential oils for menopause symptoms
As we’ve noted, there are a range of symptoms associated with menopause – everything from hot flashes to weight loss to fatigue and anxiety. Well, by using essential oils you’ll be able to combat these symptoms head on, in a 100% natural, healthy manner.
Here’s a list of oils and the symptoms they address:
- Lavender – Irritability, anxiety, and depression.
- Peppermint – Hot flashes, headaches, and lack of energy.
- Basil – Fatigue and lack of attention and concentration.
- Clary sage – Excessive sweating, hot flashes, and sleep problems.
- Roman Chamomile – Headaches, pain relief, insomnia, and skin issues.
How to apply them? Diffusing the oils by way of aromatherapy (you’ll need a diffuser for this) is one way to “apply” essential oils. Another way is to apply them topically. Since essential oils penetrate through the skin, you’ll gain direct therapeutic benefits. Note: If you have sensitive skin, or if you are using a cheaper oil brand, you may need to mix with a carrier oil.
Another way to treat menopause with essential oils is to take a bath. Placing a couple drops of your chosen oil into a warm bath will give you direct therapeutic benefits, through both skin penetration and the aromas that pass through steam.
Where to buy these natural menopause solutions?
Shopping around for essential oils, or any natural remedy for that matter, is more difficult than it may seem. Why? To put it bluntly: There’s a whole lot of junk on the market. The oils you may find at Walgreens or your general health foods store are not going to deliver the quality benefits that an authentic therapeutic grade oil will provide.