While everyone knows that roses smell delicious, few are aware that these flowers actually possess an incredible number of health benefits when extracted into rose essential oil. From its unique antiviral properties to its ability to boost libido, rose oil is yet another essential oil that can virtually do it all with just a few heavenly-scented drops.
1. Protect Yourself from A Variety of Viruses to Avoid Getting Sick
Because of the nature of viruses, it’s very easy to get infected with one no matter how well you take care of yourself. Viruses frequently mutate and find new ways to challenge the immune system. While there is a variety of vaccinations available for several common viruses, new strains of the viruses that these vaccinations are designed for emerge constantly, making the vaccinations not as effective as we would like them to be.
Whereas bacterial infections can be knocked out quickly with antibiotics, viral infections are much more complex to therefore do not respond to this type of treatment. Therefore, a powerful antiviral agent is necessary to protect the body against viruses.
Rose essential oil has been researched thoroughly for its antiviral properties. The oil protects the body against all kinds of viral infections by giving the immune system the fuel that it needs in order to fight back against viruses effectively (source).
The Soothing Inhalation Method to Treat Respiratory Viruses
- Place your oil diffuser on a bathroom or kitchen counter near a sink. To purchase an oil diffuser (if you don’t already own one), simply search for one online. There are many good-quality oil diffusers that cost under $30.
- Take off the top of your oil diffuser.
- Grasping your oil diffuser in one hand, position it right below a faucet. Then, after turning the faucet on, fill the oil diffuser with water until it reaches the maximum fill line.
- Return the oil diffuser to the counter.
- After removing your rose essential oil bottle’s top, pour six drops of rose essential oil right into the tank section of your oil diffuser. To pour out exactly six drops, hold the bottle of rose oil on its side a few inches above the water inside of the oil diffuser. Then, tap the rose oil bottle’s side lightly. One drop of rose oil will come out at a time.
- Place the rose essential oil bottle’s top back on by twisting it.
- After putting your oil diffuser’s lid back on, put the diffuser in a room that you plan to occupy for at least two hours. If you can, place the diffuser down on a surface that is near a comfortable seat in which you can rest comfortably for a while.
- Find an outlet that is near your oil diffuser. Plug the diffuser in.
- Turn on your oil diffuser. Rose-scented vapor should immediately begin to fill the room. Breathe in through your nose for at least two hours in the room in which the oil diffuser is located. Do this once or twice each day.
2. Prevent a Severe Loss of Blood with this Natural Astringent
As everyone knows, a bad cut can lead to dangerous levels of blood loss. Symptoms of blood loss include a sudden drop in blood pressure, confusion, dizziness and fainting. Severe blood loss can lead to death.
To help prevent severe blood loss, astringents are applied topically to the skin. Astringents work by causing the blood vessels to suddenly tighten. The use of astringents for preventing blood loss goes back thousands of years.
Rose essential oil is well-known for its astringent properties. By applying rose essential oil to a cut, you can dramatically reduce the amount of bleeding quickly (source).
The Topical Application Method for Wounds
- Pick out a carrier oil to combine with the rose essential oil. Any oil will work for this application. Good examples of carrier oils include castor oil and almond oil.
- Untwist the carrier oil bottle’s top and put down on a surface nearby.
- Into a measuring glass with a spout, pour one full cup of the carrier oil. To do this, simply lift the bottle containing the carrier oil and angle it to place its spout above the measuring glass.
- Pour the cup of carrier oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Take off your rose essential oil bottle’s top by untwisting it. Holding the rose essential oil bottle tightly in your hand, turn it upside-down and move it above the mixing bowl.
- Jiggle the rose essential oil bottle so that 12 drops of rose oil come out of the bottle and fall into the mixing bowl.
- Screw on the rose essential oil bottle’s top and put the oil bottle aside.
- With a whisk, vigorously mix the carrier oil and the rose essential oil together for 25 seconds. You should no longer see individual droplets of rose essential oil in the bowl.
- Fold a kitchen towel or a piece of cloth a few times over itself so that it can fit inside of the mixing bowl. Fully submerge the cloth or towel beneath the surface of the oil mixture. Let the cloth or towel sit in this mixture for about 15 seconds so that it absorbs as much of the oil mixture as possible.
- Remove the cloth or towel from the mixing bowl and give it one good squeeze so that it is not dripping with the oil mixture.
- Tie the oil-soaked towel or cloth around the wound. Leave it there for 20 minutes or until the bleeding has ceased.
The Quick Method for Small Cuts and Scrapes
- Pour three drops of rose essential oil into a small mixing bowl. To pour just the right amount, simply take off the rose essential oil bottle’s top and hold the bottle on its side, ensuring that its mouth is just a couple of inches above the mixing bowl. Then, with a finger, tap the rose essential oil bottle firmly so that each rose oil drop comes out individually.
- Pick up an olive oil bottle in one hand after taking off the bottle’s cap. In the other hand, hold one tablespoon.
- Tilt the olive oil bottle so that its top leans over the tablespoon. Then, fill the tablespoon with olive oil and put the olive oil bottle down.
- Pour the tablespoon of olive oil into the mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to quickly stir together the rose essential oil and the olive oil. Stir them together for 15 seconds.
- Pick up a clean cotton ball that has never been used. Dip it below the oil mixture’s surface. Allow the cotton ball to become saturated with the rose essential oil mixture.
- Onto the wound, firmly press the cotton ball that is saturated with oil. Hold it there for 30 seconds. You are allowed to do this several times each day until the wound is no longer open.
3. Treat Painful Menstruation without Using Drugs
Menstrual cramps can be debilitating. About ten percent of American women report menstrual cramps so severe that they interfere with the ability to execute everyday tasks. Menstrual cramps of this severity can cause fainting and vomiting and can last for days at a time (source).
The cramps that occur during a woman’s period are caused by contractions of the uterus. These contractions are very similar to the contractions that occur when a woman is giving birth. The uterus violently contracts its muscles in order to rid itself of the uterine lining that is shed during menstruation. While the process itself is natural, debilitating pain that accompanies it is not.
Countless women rely on heavy painkillers during their time of the month in an effort to get rid of crippling cramps. However, high doses of painkillers are known to cause adverse reactions. Opioid drugs are powerful painkillers that prevent pain signals from reaching the brain through the nervous system. These are powerful prescription drugs that are only meant to be taken in severe instances of pain. Women who have crippling menstrual cramps each month may depend on them so that they can resume normal activity (source).
Unfortunately, these opioid drugs are dangerously addictive and come with many scary side effects. For one thing, these pills act as sedatives, making it risky for a woman to drive or lift heavy items. It is also fairly easy to overdose on opioid medications, especially when combined with other medications or alcohol.
An alternative solution is NSAIDs. These anti-inflammatory medications reduce inflammation of the muscles in the uterus when taken orally. The problem with these popular over-the-counter medications is that they are dangerous to mix with alcohol as well as some other medications. When taken in high doses, they may cause severe damage to the kidneys, liver and stomach lining.
When it comes to treating menstrual cramps, your best bet is to stick to a natural pain reliever. Rose essential oil works in two different unique ways to eliminate the pain associated with menstrual cramps. First, it acts as an antispasmodic, calming down contractions by relaxing the muscles in the uterus. Rose essential oil is also an emmenagogue, encouraging healthy blood flow so that the uterus does not have to work so hard in order to shed its lining each month (source).
The Topical Application Method for Getting Rid of Crippling Cramps
- Remove a castor oil bottle’s cap. If you do not have castor oil in your possession, you can find it in most grocery stores.
- Pick up a measuring cup that holds one cup of liquid. In the other hand, pick up the bottle of castor oil.
- Tilt the castor oil bottle over your measuring cup. Fill your measuring cup with castor oil.
- Pour the cup of castor oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Put the castor oil bottle down.
- Take off your rose essential oil bottle’s top. Then, while grasping the rose essential oil bottle in one of your hands, flip it vertically and position it above the castor oil inside of your mixing bowl.
- Shake the rose essential oil bottle. One oil droplet will come out at a time. Watch as 15 droplets of rose essential oil fall into the castor oil.
- Stir the castor oil and rose essential oil together with a whisk for 30 seconds. Because castor oil is very thick, stir vigorously.
- Hold a washcloth right underneath the faucet of your sink. Run hot water over the washcloth until it is soaking. Then, turn the water off and squeeze the washcloth so that it is not dripping with excess water.
- Place the washcloth in a microwave for 20 seconds.
- After removing the washcloth from the microwave, place it inside of the mixing bowl that contains the castor oil and rose essential oil mixture. Allow the washcloth to rest in the bowl for 15 seconds.
- Remove the washcloth from the bowl after 15 seconds. Squeeze it once to remove any excess oil.
- Lie down in a comfortable position. Place the washcloth on your lower abdomen. Leave it there until the pain has subsided.
4. Stimulate the Bowels to Treat Uncomfortable Constipation
Constipation affects most people from time to time and can range from mild to severe. A healthy person has one to two bowel movements each day, producing stools that pass easily and painlessly. A person who goes one or several days without a bowel movement or has to strain intensely in order to release stools from their body has at least mild constipation.
Many things can cause constipation. Dehydration, for example, can dehydrate the stools that sit in the large intestine, making it much more difficult for them to move along the digestive tract. Dietary factors also come into play. A person whose diet is low in fiber and other essential nutrients is prone to constipation.
Constipation can become so severe that the pain and discomfort is crippling. As the stools build up inside of the intestines, a person will feel immense pressure and have difficulty performing everyday tasks. Constipation can also lead to toxicity as the waste and bacteria of which the stools are composed absorbs back into the bloodstream. In rare cases, severe constipation can lead to death.
Commercial laxatives can help relieve occasional constipation but absolutely should not be taken regularly. These commercial laxative products are aggressive on the intestines, violently shaking them and leading to potential ruptures of intestinal tissue. Another danger of laxative overuse is becoming physically dependent on them. When taken too frequently, laxatives may cause a person to lose the ability to produce a bowel movement without them (source).
There are many essential oils that can safely and naturally relieve constipation and keep a person regular. Rose essential oil has the ability to stimulate the bowels, relieving constipation quickly without any side effects. Because the human body needs to rid itself of toxic waste through the bowels regularly, using rose essential oil in order to stimulate and regulate the bowels can keep a person’s entire body functioning properly and prevent illnesses caused by a buildup of dangerous toxins in the intestines (source).
The Massage Oil Method for Incredibly Quick Relief from Constipation
- Pour eight drops of rose essential oil into a small mixing bowl. To measure out the proper amount of essential oil, take off the rose oil bottle’s cap and hold the bottle in an upside-down position right over the mixing bowl. Then, shake the rose oil bottle up and down so that one drop comes out of bottle at a time.
- Remove a castor oil bottle’s cap and set it aside. Then, pick up the castor oil bottle in your hand and lean its mouth over a large measuring glass. Measure out a half of a cup of castor oil. Pour the castor oil into the small mixing bowl that contains the rose essential oil.
- Use a fork to briskly stir together the castor oil and rose essential oil for 20 seconds. Castor oil is very thick so stir the mixture vigorously.
- Dip your ten fingertips directly into the bowl to coat them evenly with the rose essential oil and castor oil mixture.
- Using small clockwise motions, massage the rose essential oil and castor oil mixture into the skin of the abdomen. Continue massaging the oil into your skin for 45 seconds. Castor oil has a slightly sticky consistency so you may be tempted to rinse it off after the 45 seconds are over. However, it is important that you leave the oil mixture on for as long as possible so that it fully absorbs through the layers of the skin and reaches the intestinal tissue.
5. Get Rid of All Kinds of Bacterial Infections for a Healthy Body
A bacterial infection within the body is bad news. Because of the rate at which bacteria spread, a bacterial infection can quickly become a severe infection that affects several parts of the body. Because of the danger of leaving bacterial infections untreated, most people use prescription antibiotics to knock out a bacterial infection quickly.
The problems associated with antibiotics are numerous. While in many cases they save lives, they can also cause dangerous side effects. This is especially the case when they are taken in large doses to treat severe bacterial infections. One common issue that is associated with taking too many antibiotics is the damaging effects that it has on the digestive system. Because the digestive system depends on a certain level of “good” bacteria in order to function, taking too many antibiotics can deplete it of what it needs to do its job properly. As a result, severe digestive issues can occur (source).
Another problem with prescription antibiotics is that they increase our chances of developing drug-resistant bacterial infections in the future. Studies show that the buildup of antibiotic drugs in our bodies decreases their effectiveness, making it much more likely that an antibacterial infection can kill us one day (source).
Unfortunately, busy doctors are quick to prescribe antibiotics even when they aren’t sure that their patient has a bacterial infection. This “better safe than sorry” approach leads to an incredible overuse of these drugs over time.
Relying on natural antibacterial medicines to eradicate bacterial infections is the safer way to go. Many essential oils are known for their strong antibacterial properties that exist within their chemical compounds. Rose essential oil has been researched heavily for its antibacterial properties and its ability to kill a wide variety of bacterial infections including staph, cholera and typhoid (source).
The Inhalation Method for Killing Bacteria Fast
- After entering your bathroom, make sure that your exhaust fan is off and that your windows and doors are closed. You want to seal the room so that no steam escapes it. If there is a significant amount of space between the bottom of your bathroom door and the floor, place a rolled towel against the bottom of the door.
- Turn on the faucet of your bathtub to allow hot water to fill your tub. Check to make sure that the temperature of the water is comfortable enough to sit in but hot enough to develop steam. As the water runs into the tub, you should clearly see steam come off of its surface.
- Once the tub is half-full with water, pour 15 drops of rose essential oil right into the running water that’s leaving your faucet. To accomplish this, remove the rose essential oil bottle’s top and hold the bottle above the running water in an upside-down position. Then, start shaking the rose essential oil bottle vigorously and count as 15 drops are released into the running water.
- Tightly screw the rose essential oil bottle’s top back on and put the bottle aside.
- Once your bathtub is full of water, turn the faucet off. Step into the tub and sit in a comfortable position. Inhale deeply to reap the benefits of this method. Stay inside of the tub for at least 30 minutes. You can do this two times each day until the bacterial infection has subsided.
6. Fade Scars and Marks on the Skin with the Lovely Scent of Rose
Because of its strong antioxidant properties, rose essential oil acts as a cicatrisant, meaning that it has the unique ability to fade scars on the skin. Antioxidants fade scars by protecting skin cells’ health, allowing skin to regenerate at a faster rate. Scarred cells caused by skin damage will be replaced with healthy new skin cells quickly, allowing scars to fade in no time. This method applies to scars caused by wounds as well as scars that have resulted from acne and other skin conditions (source).
The Easy Topical Application Method for Fading Scars
- Hold a tablespoon right beneath the faucet of your sink. Turn on the faucet to fill the tablespoon with water. Then, pour the tablespoon into a small bowl.
- Unscrew your rose oil bottle’s top and put it down on a nearby surface in order to avoid losing it. Hold the rose essential oil bottle slightly angled horizontally with its spout right above the small bowl.
- With an index finger, tap the rose essential oil bottle a few times and count as five drops of rose oil fall into the water that is inside of the bowl.
- Use a small spoon to stir the rose essential oil and the water together. Stir for 12 seconds.
- Dip a cotton ball that is clean and unused into the rose essential oil and water mixture. Allow it to rest in the mixture for eight seconds to soak up as much of the mixture as possible.
- Lift the wet cotton ball out of the rose essential oil and water mixture. Then, press the cotton ball firmly against the scar and hold it there for 30 seconds. Do this twice each day and watch your scar fade quickly.
The Moisturizer Method for Rejuvenated Skin
- Purchase a jar of your favorite moisturizer that has a twist-off lid.
- After twisting off its lid, place the jar of moisturizer on a surface.
- Remove your rose essential oil bottle’s top by untwisting it. Put the cap down somewhere nearby.
- Hold the rose essential oil bottle upside-down in one of your hands. Position it one or two inches above the moisturizer.
- With an up-and-down motion, shake the rose essential oil bottle. Let 16 to 18 drops fall into the moisturizer. Then, put the rose essential oil bottle down and twist its cap back on.
- Use a small spoon or fork to gently stir the rose essential oil into the moisturizer for 30 seconds.
- Use this moisturizer twice each day. This will fade scars caused by acne and other skin conditions.
7. Clean Wounds like Cuts and Scrapes and Prevent Infection
Thanks to farnesol, a chemical compound found in rose essential oil, you can treat cuts and scrapes without harsh chemicals. Rose essential oil has amazing antibacterial and antiseptic properties that clean wounds quickly and prevent them from becoming infected. Additionally, thanks to rose essential oil’s astringent properties, you can stop bleeding quickly in order to clean the wound sooner (source).
The Easy Topical Method for Treating Wounds
- Hold a teaspoon a few inches beneath your sink’s faucet. Turn the faucet to fill the teaspoon with water. Pour the teaspoon of water into a small bowl.
- Untwist your rose essential oil bottle’s lid. Then, set the lid aside. Then, pick up the rose essential oil bottle in one of your hands and flip it vertically to have its mouth leaning toward the floor.
- Position the rose essential oil bottle above the small bowl. Tap the rose oil bottle’s base with one finger so that four drops of rose oil fall into the bowl.
- Stir the rose essential oil and water together with a spoon for ten seconds.
- Dip an unused and completely clean cotton ball into the water and rose essential oil mixture. Hold it in the combination for ten seconds, allowing the cotton ball to become fully saturated with liquid.
- Pick the cotton ball up out of the bowl and give it a quick shake so that it is not dripping with liquid.
- Firmly press the wet cotton ball against the wound for 45 seconds. Do this several times a day until the wound has healed.
8. Reduce the Awful Symptoms that Occur During Menopause
For every woman who menstruates, menopause is an unavoidable reality. As a woman ages, her estrogen levels decrease and eventually her menses stop completely. Accompanying this drastic reduction of estrogen levels is a variety of deeply unpleasant symptoms that can make a woman miserable. While a woman is going through menopause, symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, hair loss and muscle aches are common.
In an effort to balance their hormone levels to compensate for this decrease in estrogen, many women turn to hormone replacement therapy. Many types of hormone replacement therapies involve the injection of synthetic hormones into the body. The risks associated with this type of therapy are well-known. A woman undergoing hormone replacement therapy is at a higher risk of stroke, blood clots and heart attack (source).
Many women don’t know that essential oils can dramatically improve menopausal symptoms. Rose essential oil in particular can be very helpful in alleviating all of the symptoms associated with menopause. Acting as a phytoestrogen, rose essential oil mimics the effects of estrogen in the body when it is consumed. Although it is not estrogen in the biochemical sense, the body perceives it as estrogen and responds accordingly. Therefore, rose essential oil can treat menopausal symptoms by tricking the body into thinking that its estrogen levels are not dropping.
One study proved rose essential oil’s phytoestrogenic activity by applying it to a group of Korean women who were experiencing menopause. By massaging the oil into the skin of the abdomen for 30 minutes daily for eight weeks, the women experienced dramatically reduced symptoms associated with menopause (source).
The Massage Oil Method for Treating Menopausal Symptoms
- Purchase a 20oz squeeze bottle made of plastic. To make sure that it is completely clean, rinse it out with hot water several times.
- After twisting off your squeeze bottle’s cap, put a funnel in its opening.
- Pick up a bottle of carrier oil that has a thin consistency that can spread on the skin easily. Olive oil works well for this type of application.
- Take off the olive oil bottle’s lid and hold the bottle at an angle, making sure that its spout is facing the funnel. Fill the 20oz plastic squeeze bottle with olive oil.
- Take out the funnel.
- Take off your rose essential oil bottle’s top. Hold the rose oil bottle upside-down over the funnel.
- Jiggle the rose essential oil bottle with an up-and-down type of motion so that one rose oil droplet comes out at a time. Allow about 25 rose essential oil drops to fall through the mouth of the 20oz plastic squeeze bottle. Then, put the rose essential oil bottle down and tightly screw its cap back on.
- Put the top back onto the 20oz squeeze bottle and screw it on until its tight. Pick up the squeeze bottle and shake it vigorously for 55 seconds. This will thoroughly mix the two oils together.
- Pour out around one tablespoon of the rose essential oil mixture into your hand. Then, rub the palms of your hands together so that both hands are coated in an even layer of the oil mixture.
- Massage a section of your body with this rose essential oil mixture. Keep pouring out oil and massaging a different section of your body.
The Aromatic Inhalation Method for Balancing the Hormones
- Put an oil diffuser on a counter or other surface that is close to a sink. If you are not an owner of an oil diffuser, search the internet or visit a specialty stop to purchase one.
- Remove the diffuser’s lid and set it aside.
- Pick up your rose essential oil bottle after untwisting its cap. Angle the rose oil bottle to position its mouth right above the rim of the oil diffuser’s tank.
- Use two of your fingers to hit the base of the rose essential bottle. Keep hitting the bottle’s base until five drops of rose essential oil fall out into the tank.
- Tightly screw on the cap of the rose essential oil bottle. Set the oil bottle aside.
- Pick up your oil diffuser in one of your hands and place it beneath the spout of your sink’s faucet. Turn the faucet on, allowing the tank of your oil diffuser to fill up with water. If you fill the tank past its maximum fill line, carefully pour the excess water out into the sink.
- Bring the oil diffuser into one of your rooms in which you can comfortably lounge for an hour. Set the diffuser down on a surface.
- Plug the oil diffuser into a wall outlet and turn it on by putting pressure on its power button. As soon as you have turned the oil diffuser on, you should see vapor flowing out of the diffuser’s spout. You should also smell the aroma of rose essential oil immediately.
- Relax comfortably as the room that you are occupying becomes filled with rose-scented vapor. Breathe deeply to inhale the oil and reap its health benefits as much as possible. Do this once or twice daily.
9. Get Rid of Annoying and Embarrassing Acne Once and for All
Acne is a very common skin condition that can be both physically and emotionally scarring. Many cases of acne are caused by sudden hormone fluctuations. For this reason, acne mainly affects teenagers at possibly the most sensitive time of their lives. Those who have severe acne tend to feel very insecure about their looks and are desperate for a treatment that works.
Those who suffer from severe acne may get a prescription acne medication from their dermatologist. These popular drugs work by altering the balance of hormones to secrete less sebum through the pores. Sebum is an oil that the pores naturally produce in order to keep the skin feeling hydrated, lubricated and free of dirt. However, when the hormones fluctuate, such as during puberty, sebum production can suddenly go into overdrive, producing large quantities of sticky oil that clogs the pores. When the pores are clogged with sebum, bacteria in the skin gets stuck inside of the pores and the pores become infected as a result. When the pores are infected, they become pimples that grow large, red and inflamed.
In many cases, prescription acne medications work when it comes to eradicating acne. However, they are notorious for their dangerous side effects. In fact, many lawsuits have been filed against the manufacturers of popular prescription anti-acne medications. These side effects include sudden and intense depression and suicide (source).
Commercial skincare products that can be purchased in beauty supply stores and drug stores may help with acne as well but may cause skin to become unhealthy. Commercial skincare product manufacturers notoriously load their products with filler ingredients like emulsifying agents, preservatives and fragrances that are made from harsh chemicals. When the face is constantly exposed to these ingredients, the skin can become incredibly irritated.
Fortunately, essential oils can treat skin conditions like acne safely and naturally. One study proved rose essential oil’s ability to clear up acne by applying it to the skin of acne sufferers. The study compared the antibacterial properties of rose essential oil to that of ten other essential oils. The study determined that rose essential oil’s antibacterial properties are actually the most powerful out of all of the essential oils that were tested (source).
The study also determined that rose essential oil can kill the specific bacteria that causes acne. After daily application of rose essential oil, the subjects’ skin cleared up tremendously.
Another study explored rose essential oil’s chemical compounds and learned that the oil aids in the absorption of chemicals through the skin’s pores. When rose essential oil is applied to the skin, the skin’s pores open up to allow penetration. In other words, the oil’s acne-fighting antibacterial agent will absorb more deeply into the infected pores than other acne treatments.
The “Clear Skin” Toner Method for Treating Acne
- Purchase a 10oz plastic bottle that comes with a spray nozzle. Remove the nozzle by untwisting it. Then, hold the bottle under your faucet and turn the faucet on to rinse out the bottle completely, ensuring that it’s perfectly clean.
- Place the plastic bottle on a surface. Secure a funnel in the bottle’s mouth.
- After unscrewing its lid, pick up a bottle of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in one hand. Apple cider vinegar is renowned for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, its chemical composition balances out the pH level of the skin. It works very well as an acne treatment, especially when combined with rose essential oil.
- Tilt the bottle of apple cider vinegar and rest its spout on the opening of the funnel. Slowly and carefully, fill the 10oz plastic bottle with the apple cider vinegar. Then, put the apple cider vinegar bottle down and put its lid back on.
- Take the funnel out of the bottle’s mouth and put it down.
- Twist off your rose essential oil bottle’s top. Put the cap on a surface nearby so that you don’t misplace it.
- Hold the rose essential oil bottle upside-down in one of your hands. Shake the rose oil bottle up and down vigorously, counting as 24 drops fall into the apple cider vinegar inside of the plastic bottle.
- Twist the spray nozzle onto the mouth of the 10oz plastic bottle. Make sure that it is on tightly.
- Pick up the spray bottle and shake it for 50 seconds to mix the rose essential oil with the apple cider vinegar.
- Twice each day, spray this mixture onto your face. It’s best to apply this mixture onto a face that has just been washed. Do not rinse this mixture off.
The Spot Treatment Method for Pesky Pimples
- Place a small-sized bowl on your counter.
- Place a teaspoon directly beneath the faucet of your sink. Turn the faucet to fill the teaspoon with water.
- Pour the teaspoon of water into the bowl.
- Pick up your rose essential oil bottle with one hand after unscrewing its cap. Hold the rose oil bottle over the bowl at an angle and tap the bottle’s side with your finger to release three drops into the water.
- For about eight seconds, quickly stir the rose essential oil and the water together with a fork or a spoon.
- Dip a clean, unused cotton ball into the mixture of rose essential oil and water. Allow the cotton ball to sit in the mixture for a couple of seconds so that it has time to become saturated.
- Dab the soaked cotton ball directly onto any breakouts on your face and body. Each time you apply the cotton ball to an area in which you have broken out, hold it there for about ten seconds. Do this two times each day.
10. Treat Painful Muscle Aches and Spasms without Taking Pills
From time to time, we all injure a muscle. Whether it’s from overuse or impact, muscle injuries can take a long time to recover fully because of how frequently they are used. Damaged muscular tissue can become inflamed and spasm uncontrollably. Rose essential oil can treat inflammation and spasms when applied topically to the skin.
Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs like NSAIDs are a common treatment for muscle pain and spasms. By reducing inflammation of the muscular tissue, pain and swelling goes down and spasms typically cease.
However, people wrongfully assume that these NSAIDs are safe because they are sold as over-the-counter medications. In fact, these drugs can be toxic if taken in high doses. They can cause damage to the kidney and liver. Combining these drugs with alcohol is especially dangerous. If someone is in intense pain, they are more likely to overdose on these drugs in an attempt to achieve relief (source).
Interestingly, rose essential oil can fight pain in a multitude of ways. Because of the oil’s antispasmodic properties, it can stop spasms quickly (source). Additionally, rose essential oil has been researched heavily for its anti-inflammatory properties. For centuries, the oil has been used as a pain reliever around the world thanks to its ability to reduce inflammation of muscular tissue. When applied topically to the skin, it fights inflammation by absorbing through the skin’s pores and penetrating muscular tissue within a matter of minutes (source).
Rose essential also has analgesic properties. Like opioid drugs, analgesic drugs treat pain by blocking the pain receptors that are sent to the brain through the nervous system. However, unlike opioid drugs, essential oils are completely safe to use to treat pain and don’t put the sufferer at risk of overdose, addiction, and several dangerous side effects.
The Massage Oil Method for Amazing Muscle Ache Relief
- Purchase a 20oz plastic squeezable bottle with a lid that can twist off. Take off the squeeze bottle’s lid and hold it right beneath the mouth of a faucet. Turn the faucet to rinse the bottle thoroughly with hot water. This will ensure that the bottle is completely disinfected. Alternatively, you may run it through your dishwasher.
- Unscrew your rose essential oil bottle’s top and put the cap down somewhere close by. Holding the rose essential oil bottle in one of your hands, tilt it to allow its spout to sit against the rim of your squeeze bottle’s mouth.
- Hit the side of the rose essential oil bottle with oneof your fingers. Keep hitting the bottle’s side until 30 drops of rose essential oil have fallen into the plastic squeeze bottle.
- Fill the rest of the plastic squeeze bottle up with a carrier oil that has a thin consistency. Jojoba oil and almond oil work very well. You can use a funnel if you wish.
- Tightly screw the top back onto the plastic squeeze bottle. Pick the bottle up and shake it for 50 seconds so that the two oils mix together.
- Whenever you have a muscle ache or spasm, squeeze about one tablespoon of your rose oil mixture into the palm of your hand. Rub the palms of your hands together vigorously and massage the rose oil mixture into the skin of the affected area. Keep massaging this oil in circular motions until the skin has fully absorbed the oil.
11. Get Rid of Inflammatory Skin Conditions Easily
The majority of skin conditions are caused by inflammation. Inflammation is the result of chemicals released by white blood cells flooding an area of the body that has been damaged by injury or infection in an attempt to protect it against dangerous foreign cells. When the body is in a state of inflammation, the skin often becomes inflamed as well. For this reason, many internal diseases can trigger skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis (source).
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties within rose essential oil’s chemical compounds, the oil is highly effective when it comes to treating skin conditions caused by inflammation. By topically applying rose essential oil to the affected area, inflammation will decrease dramatically (source).
The Daily Topical Method for Healthy Skin
- Unscrew the cap from a jar of coconut oil. With a spoon, fill a measuring cup that can hold one third of a cup of liquid with the coconut oil.
- Pour the third of a cup of coconut oil into a small bowl. If the coconut oil is more solid than liquid, use a spoon.
- Pick up a rose essential oil bottle after removing its cap. Hold the rose essential oil bottle upside-down over the coconut oil inside of the bowl. Shake the rose oil bottle until ten drops of rose oil have fallen into the coconut oil.
- With a fork, mix the two oils together for 20 seconds.
- After washing your hands with warm water, dip your fingertips into this coconut oil and rose essential oil mixture. Then, massage the oil mixture into your facial skin using small, circular motions. Do this twice each day after washing your face.
Rose Essential Oil FAQ
What is Rose Essential Oil?
Rose essential oil refers to the oil that is extracted from rose petals. There are various types of roses that are cultivated throughout different regions of the world. As a result, there are many different types of rose essential oil. While they may differ slightly in aroma, color and thickness, they are generally composed of the same chemical compounds and therefore all carry the same benefits (source).
The two most common types of roses used to create rose essential oil are the damask rose and the cabbage rose. The damask rose comes from Syria, China, Iran, Bulgaria, India, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Turkey and Russia. The cabbage rose comes from France, Egypt and Morocco.
What are the Uses of Rose Essential Oil?
Rose essential oil is commonly used for its pleasing aroma. It is often found in perfumes, skincare products and bath products. In fact, the oil has aphrodisiac properties that can increase feelings of arousal and intimacy.
Additionally, rose essential oil is known for its ability to regulate female hormones and fight the symptoms of menopause. Plus, rose essential oil has been well-studied for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, analgesic and antiseptic properties. These healing properties give rose essential oil the ability to treat many different kinds of ailments and health conditions.
What is the Composition of Rose Essential Oil?
Rose essential oil is mainly composed of citronellol, geraniol, nerol, linalool, phenyl ethyl alcohol, farnesol, stearoptene, α-pinene, β-pinene, α-terpinene, limonene, p-cymene, camphene, β-caryophyllene, neral, citronellyl acetate, geranyl acetate, neryl acetate, eugenol, methyl eugenol, rose oxide, α-damascenone, β-damascenone, benzaldehyde, benzyl alcohol, rhodinyl acetate and phenyl ethyl formate.
The chemical compounds that give rose essential oil its pleasing aroma include beta-damascenone, beta-damascone, beta-ionone, and rose oxide.
How is Rose Essential Oil Made?
Rose essential oil is extracted through the steam distillation process. This process requires that the rose petals are thoroughly dried before they are exposed to extremely hot and high-pressure steam. As the steam is pressed through the dried rose petals, a small container collects the steam that has picked up the chemical compounds of the rose plant. The collected steam is separated into water and rose essential oil.
Does Rose Essential Oil Work?
Rose essential oil’s health benefits have been researched thoroughly for decades. Additionally, the oil has successfully treated various health conditions for centuries. The chemical compounds that exist in rose essential oil have been proven by science to treat many different ailments.
How is Rose Essential Oil Taken?
For children, rose essential oil can treat both viruses and bacterial infections. Usually, the oil is inhaled in order to fight a variety of infections.
Rose essential oil has antiseptic properties that give it the ability to treat wounds such as cuts and scrapes that commonly occur on the skin of children. Because of rose essential oil’s unique astringent properties, the oil can also prevent dangerous amounts of blood loss. Plus, rose essential oil can fade the scars that result from a wound when applied to the skin.
Because of rose essential oil’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, it can be used to treat various types of pain.
Rose essential oil is used by adults for a multitude of reasons. In addition to its use as a perfume, rose essential oil’s various healing properties make it a valuable medicine that is completely natural, safe to use and free of the side effects that are common with many other medications.
Rose essential oil is often used to treat menstrual problems as well as the symptoms that occur during menopause. As a phytoestrogen, rose essential oil can prevent the symptoms of hormonal imbalances in aging women.
Rose essential oil’s antiviral and antibacterial properties can treat a variety of infections that cause illness in the body. The oil’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties can treat many different types of pain effectively.
Rose essential oil is also used for its skin benefits. It can clear up acne, eradicate inflammatory skin conditions and fade scars and marks.
Is Rose Essential Oil Safe?
It is safe to apply rose essential oil topically to the skin and to inhale rose essential oil. Not enough research has been performed in order to determine whether or not it is safe to ingest rose essential oil.
What are the Side Effects of Rose Essential Oil?
Some people may be allergic to roses. In these instances, an allergic reaction may occur as the result of inhaling rose essential oil or applying it topically to the skin.
Rose essential oil may be poisonous if ingested. Therefore, it is best to avoid drinking rose essential oil.
There are no known interactions between rose essential oil and other medications.
It is likely safe for pregnant women to inhale rose essential oil and apply it topically to the skin.
It is safe for children to apply rose essential oil topically to the skin and to inhale it.
Ingesting Rose Essential Oil
It is unclear whether or not it is safe to ingest rose essential oil. Therefore, it is best to avoid ingesting it.
Facts About Rose Essential Oil
Botanical name: Rosa damascena or Rosa centifolia
Common method of extraction: steam distillation
Plant part typically used: petals
Color: clear or light yellow
Strength of aroma: medium
Aromatic scent: sweet, floral
Blends well with: geranium, lavender, ylang ylang
Where Can I Buy Rose Essential Oil?
Rose essential oil can be found in some specialty stores and some grocery stores. You can also easily find rose essential oil online.
Rose Essential Oil Benefits Infographic
Who knew that the aromatic oil that comes from roses can be so healing for the body? With a variety of unique health benefits, rose essential oil is so much more than a perfume. This amazing oil can take the place of many different kinds of potentially-dangerous medications and provide a sweet, floral aroma that is simply intoxicating.
Have you ever used rose essential oil for its health benefits? Tell us about it in the comments section below. If you have any friends who are obsessed with roses, send them a link to this article.