Are you looking for your own do it yourself natural perfume making kit? Well, we may have misled you a little. We’re not talking explicitly about a kit, per se, but a 100% natural way of making your own organic perfume with essential oil ingredients. It’s no gimmick. And it can be for both adults and children.
Therapeutic benefits of EO “perfume”
This blows the perfume making beginners’ sets you can find on eBay or Amazon out of the water. Seriously. Why exactly? Because essential oils have a whole lot more to offer than simply providing that oh-so-pleasant scent you’re longing for.
Indeed, crafting your own essential oil perfume delivers benefits that reach far beyond just “smelling pleasant.” By using the right combination of single oils and/or blends, you can gain added benefits like:
- More energy and a clear frame of mind
- Better focus and concentration
- Increased emotional support
- Calming feelings that relieve stress and anxiety
- And on and on…
It may sound like hocus pocus, but the fact is essential oils penetrate the blood stream within only a matter of seconds.
Beyond these benefits, you’ll be using a natural alternative to non-organic fragrances, which are chalked with harmful chemicals. By utilizing a collection of potent essential oils, you can craft your own organic perfumes. Not only is it healthy and therapeutic, but you can have fun trying out dozens of your own recipes.
The daunting reality of traditional perfumes
Most people don’t realize how toxic their designer fragrances really are. We know, it’s difficult to make such considerations when they come in those fancy, alluring glass bottles. But consider a study by the Environmental Working Group that examined the negative impact chemically-infused fragrances can have on us:
- On average, the tested products had 14 secret chemicals that were not branded on the label.
- Some of the chemicals are known to cause allergic reactions and hormone disruption.
- Many were never adequately tested for safety in the personal care category.
- Among the ingredients are chemicals “with troubling hazardous properties or with a propensity to accumulate in human tissues.”
This is why using essential oils as natural fragrance alternatives has been rising in popularity over the past several years.
Utilizing your own perfume making kit
When it comes to formulating your own organic fragrances, there are dozens of essential oils to choose from. But we’ll start off simple with some of the most popular and versatile oils. Here’s a simple recipe you can try out that will give you a more basic floral and citrusy scent:
- 2 drops of Lemon
- 2 drops of Orange
- 3 drops of Lavender
- 0.5 oz of carrier oil
To add a boost of energy throughout your day, you can incorporate Peppermint into your recipe as well!
Note, you’ll always want to use a high quality carrier oil when concocting your perfume recipes. This will dilute the formula to prevent skin irritation while allowing you to make larger quantities of the scent. Note: Cheap carriers could make the fragrance go rancid after only a couple weeks – so don’t skimp out on quality!
To craft your recipe, simply mix the oils with the carrier and store in either a regular glass bottle or a roller ball applicator. I hate to state what may seem like the obvious, but after mixing your oils always record the recipe so you can compare with any future recipes you make.
Quality – indeed, it matters
Last but not least, be sure to only use potent, high quality oils when crafting your blends. Utilizing an effective recipe is really the second step to making a natural perfume that’ll you actually end up using. Why? Because using quality essential oils will:
- Help prevent irritation for those with sensitive skin.
- Ensure that you’ll get a pure, potent, and long lasting fragrance.
- Provide therapeutic benefits like anxiety relief, emotional support, and improved energy.
What are your options?
Let’s put this into perspective. You could spend upwards of $40, $50, or even over $100 on a bottle of perfume. You could get a collection of essential oils for the same price, or even less. But, again, consider the massive benefits of the latter option:
- You’ll be using a 100% natural product rather than one that is littered with chemicals.
- You’ll gain additional therapeutic benefits that traditional fragrances don’t provide.
- You’ll have at your expense a range of oils to test out your own recipes.