Depression is an affliction that impacts millions of people around the world. That’s why Prozac, Zoloft, and a host of other medications are among the most commonly prescribed drugs. Likewise, anxiety is just as prevalent. In fact, even more prevalent when you exclude chronic stress from the equation. After all, we all experience stress. It’s one of life’s unfortunate realities.
In some cases, medications may be necessary. But for most people, natural alternative treatments like essential oils can work wonders for your mood. The rollerball recipes below are great for depression and anxiety, acting, in a way, as a natural antidepressant and antianxiety drug.
Natural Aromatherapy For Mood Improvement
If you are a depression sufferer, you’re not alone. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America,
- Depression impacts tens of millions of people all over the world
- It’s the most common mental disease in the United States
- Curbing anxiety is an effective method for reversing depressive feelings
- Depression and anxiety disorders can stem from a number of risk factors, including genetics, personality, post-traumatic stress, and other environmental factors
There are many natural depression remedies available in our increasingly green and organic society. Many of them work. Others are a little questionable. A little on the “scammy” side.
- Aromatherapy Without Medication: The essential aromatherapy oil gives a refreshing sensation. Let...
Essential oils, however, assist in helping thousands of people deal with symptoms of depression. Before revealing our rollerball recipe for depression, here are the best single essential oils to improve your mood:
- Ylang ylang
Each of these oils provide their own unique therapeutic benefits. And when combined, they can be all the more powerful.
An Essential Oil Rollerball Recipe For Depression
Depression is more common than you would think. You could spend hours and hours with someone every day and not even know they suffer from this disease. Of course, there are many symptoms that can signal depression, including everything from fatigue to loss of appetite to low sex drive and low self esteem.
Luckily, there is no shortage of natural remedies for depression available, including the use of a range of essential oils.
For the following essential oil mood blend, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 10 drops of orange
- 10 drops of lavender
- 5 drops of bergamot
- 5 drops of grapefruit
- 5 drops of clary sage
After adding these oils to your roller ball, fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil, such as grapeseed, jojoba, or fractionated coconut. Carrier oils are important when frequently applying essential oils, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Once you’ve created your rollerball recipe, apply as needed to your feet, wrists, and/or neck.
- 100% PURE : ArtNaturals Essential Oils are 100% Pure, unadulterated, therapeutic grade, and GC/MS...
A Rollerball Recipe For Anxiety
What many in the oiling community call “Liquid Xanax,” this rollerball recipe provides a calming scent that relaxes the body, mind, and soul. Stick it in your pocket or purse, and at any time, you’ll have a remedy for life’s many stressors.
To start blending your recipe, add the following ingredients to your roller bottle:
- 10 drops of ylang ylang
- 10 drops of lavender
- 5 drops of chamomile
- 5 drops of sandalwood
- 5 drops of frankincense
Once you’ve added these, fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil. Same as with the depression rollerball recipe, simply apply to your feet, wrists, and/or neck.
Tips For Dealing With Depression Without Drugs
In addition to essential oils, there are a number of basic lifestyle tips to consider to improve your mood and decrease anxiety. To name a few:
- Stick to a schedule: Minutes, hours, and days can all blend together during the times when you’re not at work or not in school. A lack of life structure can cause chaos, which it makes all the more difficult to recover. Try to instill some order throughout your days, scheduling certain activities throughout the week.
- Start setting goals: You’ve probably heard the adage, “Live one day at a time.” This is an important concept, particularly during your lowest points. Set some modest goals that can realistically be accomplished. Break larger tasks into smaller ones, and chip away at them over a gradual timeframe.
- Stay involved: It’s not uncommon for someone dealing with depression to take time off of school or work. While under more extreme circumstances this may be necessary, having nothing to do can negatively impact self esteem and self worth. If you do take some time off, make sure to keep busy enough so your time is occupied.
- Get active: Numerous studies show that people feel better mentally and emotionally during and following an exercise routine. Exercise can boost mood, promote better sleep, and be a great complement to other depression treatments. Just don’t overwhelm yourself. Start small, and gradually up your routine.
- Revamp your diet: There might be a specific food and drink diet for depression, eating healthy is always a good plan. Good nutrition can improve your physical and mental ability. Aim for healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables, and try to avoid sweets and fatty dishes.
- Improve your sleep: There are a number of natural methods for sleep, including essential oils. Lavender, vetiver, and frankincense – along with a host of other remedies can help you get to sleep faster and have deeper, more restful sleep.
- Anxiety Ease is a port in the stormy, choppy waters of your mind. This essential oil offers a sweet,...