The New Year is a time when we vow acts of self improvement. Typically, these improvements involve our health. Diets, gym membership renewals, the list goes on. Well, guess what, essential oils can play a huge role in improving your health as well.
Think about it. Oils like vetiver can improve your sleep. Oils like frankincense and lavender can curb your anxiety. Citrusy oils like orange and grapefruit can improve your mood. Etc., etc.
Diffusing is one of the most popular essential oil applications. Obviously, if you don’t already have one, you’ll need a diffuser. But choosing a diffuser that best fits your needs can take some research. That’s why we put together this essential oil diffuser guide.
Below you will find, by our calculations, the best essential oil diffusers of 2018.
Note: After reading these reviews, check out our portable diffuser jewelry:
Top Diffusers For Essential Oils – 2018 Reviews
Note: We are not associated with any of these essential oil companies, so these are unbiased recommendations. A few of these diffusers we have used, but the reviewed diffusers in this article are largely based on popular opinion (i.e. Amazon reviews). But we are not partnered with Amazon through an affiliate program.
However, later in this article we will mention the portable essential oil diffusers that we sell on our website, such as bracelets, necklaces, and more 🙂
First here are a few things to look for when shopping for an essential oil diffuser:
- Automatic shutoff: If you are worried about forgetting to turn off your diffuser, some products have settings that will automatically shut the diffuser down after a specified amount of time.
- Coverage: Some diffusers have better coverage than others. For instance, a cheaper brand may not be powerful enough to cover a living room or large bedroom.
- Ease of use: Regardless of the brand, diffusers are typically easy to use. However, some units are inconvenient to clean or less convenient to operate. A higher quality brand allows for just a little bit of water and alcohol to get things running again (personally, we don’t wash ours out before each use. But it’s good to give your diffuser a “bath” from time to time).
- Oil versatility: Depending on the brand, some diffusers require that you turn the unit off any time you want to change oils. Others allow you to add in oils without having to shut the unit down.
Without further ado, below are our top five diffuser reviews for 2018.
Under each product you will find their average user rating and prices, along with the UPC/ASIN code for each product. If you copy and paste the UPC/ASIN code in Google, you will be able to shop vendors for the best price.
1. Radha Beauty Diffuser (120 ML)
Radha Beauty offers an economical diffuser that is a great bang for your buck. It has an LED light that helps set the mood, and depending on how you feel, you have the option to alter the light colors. This diffuser is relatively portable and it is stocked with an auto shutoff feature.
The drawback is it’s water capacity. Due to its 120 ML capacity, you will have to refill it more frequently than most other units.
- UPC/ASIN: 646437393126
- Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
- Price: $23
2. Smiley Daisy Diffuser (120 ML)
Much like the Radha Beauty unit, the Smiley Daisy diffuser is an economical and smaller 120 ML unit that offers many of the standard features. This diffuser will run up to 6 hours with an automatic shutoff. Coverage area is around 200 square feet.
- UPC/ASIN: 820103239042
- Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- Price: $26
3. UrPower Diffuser (300 ML)
This UrPower diffuser is unique in that it has a larger, wood grain style. It is an ultrasonic diffuser that has a 300 ML water capacity that can refresh rooms up to 270 square feet. To best fit your mood or room decor, there are seven different light colors to choose from. It has a timer that can switch from 1, 3, or 6 hour increments.
The only drawback is that it is a little bulkier than our first two reviewed diffusers, making it more difficult to transport from room to room.
- UPC/ASIN: 6920835558412
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Price: $45
4. OliveTech Diffuser (400 ML)
Even larger than the UrPower unit, this OliveTech diffuser has a 400 ML capacity. It has a unique, classic wood grain design with gorgeous LED lights circling the base. It’s timer can be set in 1, 3, or 6 hour increments. It also has different mist settings that can alter the intensity and length of each aromatherapy session. Due to it’s large capacity, you can leave it running for a long time.
Similar to the UrPower unit, you might get a second or third diffuser if you want to diffuse oils in multiple rooms. It’s not the most transportable option.
- UPC/ASIN: B01JKWNM1W
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Price: $50
5. TaoTronics Diffuser (300 ML)
The TaoTronics diffuser has a mid-to-large range capacity of 300 ML, offering up to eight hours of use. The timer offers 1, 3, and 6 hour options and 7 different color options to match your mood. It also has customized misting if you want to moderate the output.
- UPC/ASIN: B01B61E75K
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
- Price: $40
On-the-Go Aromatherapy Diffuser Accessories
Now that we’ve outlined your traditional diffuser options, we’d like to introduce some portable solutions as well. Did you know, there are ways to diffuse your oils from room to room? Or on your way to work? Or at the grocery store?
There are a number of portable essential oil diffuser accessories that can give you on-the-go relief. Diffuser bracelets, necklaces, and other products give you a portable solution. And for an added bonus, you can often find portable diffusers that are disguised as beautiful jewelry.