So you are looking to enhance your aromatherapy experience with a necklace diffuser. Great!
Diffusing your essential oils through jewelry isn’t only a practical way to use your oils, it’s a stylish application you can take with you wherever you go.
And as these products grow in popularity there are more and more options as far as style and material.
In this article, we’ll outline the three main types of aromatherapy necklace diffusers and the benefits & disadvantages of each type.
3 Types of Aromatherapy Diffuser Necklaces
Indeed, when it comes to diffuser jewelry there are a variety of options to sort out. And while they all hold a common bond – that is, their purpose is to diffuse aromatherapy – there are a few tips you should know.
Your first step is to choose what type of material you’d like your necklace to diffuse. You have three options:
1. Leather Material
Of the three, leather diffusers are the least common. Only a few vendors sell these products and they are more of a “boutique” type product. In other words, they typically come with a higher price tag.
That being said, they apply quite well, holding the scent of your chosen oil throughout an entire day.
- Typically a high quality material
- Offer a unique style
- More expensive than other options (usually in the $30 to $40 range)
- Fewer styles, as there are fewer companies that sell them
2. Felt Pad Pendant
Felt pad necklaces are arguably the most common type of diffuser jewelry. These necklaces will have a traditional chain that is attached to a pendant. This pendant can open and close so you can swap out the felt pads. All you have to do is add a drop or two of oil to the pad, put it back in the pendant, and you’ll be diffusing for several hours up to an entire day.
- A lot of style options
- Depending on the vendor, they are more affordable ($15 to $30 range)
- You can purchase different color felt pads to sport different styles
- Felt pad material doesn’t hold a scent quite as long as leather or lava stones
- Depending on the product, pendants are a typically pretty large (if you prefer a smaller locket, this might not be your best choice).
3. Lava Stone Locket
Your third options is an aromatherapy lava stone diffuser. These necklaces have a traditional chain that is attached to a locket. The locket can be opened and closed to hold a porous lava stone. The stones can come in a variety of sizes, typically 6mm, 10mm, 14mm, or unique shapes. Simply add a drop or two of oil to the lava stone, swirl it around in your fingers to let the oils sink in, and then place into the locket.
- The deep pores of lava stones will hold a scent for an entire day, and depending on the oil, multiple days
- Unique styles that can be versatile with different color lava stones
- Depending on the vendor, they are quite affordable ($10 to $30 range)
- Fewer vendors place some limitations on styles
So there you have it. We hope that has helped you narrow down your choices (hopefully not overwhelmed you!).