Itchy throat, cough, sniffle….
Looking for the best Aura Cacia essential oils for allergies, flu, and cold symptoms?
You’ve come to the right place. Essential oils offer an excellent natural solution for a range of health problems. They are an alternative to traditional medications that may cause side effects or potentially inflict long-term health consequences.
Below we’ll detail what oils are best for easing symptoms such as headaches, coughs, sore throat, and sinus and chest congestion.
Aura Cacia Oils for Allergy and Cold Symptoms
What’s one of the greatest things about essential oils?
If you are looking to attack a particular symptom, there could be three, four, maybe even five different oils that could help address the issue. This is important, as people react differently to different substances.
Moreover, like other substances, you can build a tolerance to one particular oil. This can take time, but it’s a good reason why you should mix up your oils from time to time. If you apply the same oil every day for 60 days straight, it could start to lose its efficacy on your body.
Here are what we consider the top five oils for allergies, colds, and flu:
- Peppermint: One of the best oils for supporting respiratory health. Not only will it clear up congestion, peppermint boosts energy and focus.
- Thyme: Similarly to peppermint, thyme is a great congestion-killer. Just dab a couple drops to your chest for instant relief.
- Lavender: Made up of several powerful properties (antiseptic and antimicrobial being two of them), lavender can work as a relaxant and pain in your sinuses, head, and other parts of your body.
- Lemon: Made up with high levels of vitamins, lemon props up your immune system and inflates white blood cell production. This allows your body to drive out sickness more speedily.
- Eucalyptus: Harboring a sharp, powerful scent, eucalyptus is a bacteria-killer and excellent natural decongestant.
“Bomb” Your Symptoms Away With a Blend
In addition to the single oils listed above, Aura Cacia has a specialized blend that can be used for allergies, colds, and the flu. It is also a great oil for prevention.
Called “First Response,” this wonderful blend contains lemon, orange, melaleuca, tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, and sandalwood. The citrusy orange and lemon oils provide a sweet dose of energy, while the eucalyptus, sandalwood, and tea tree offer the preventative and restorative components.
What are the best ways to apply your First Response blend? You can diffuse a few drops in your diffuser or dilute with a carrier oil and apply directly to your skin.
Here are some recommendations if you’d like to apply single oils (or a combination of single oils):
- Congestion: Massage a drop of eucalyptus and peppermint onto your chest and behind your neck.
- Cough: Diffuse 2 drops of lemon, 2 drops of eucalyptus, and 3 drops of peppermint in your home or office.
- Headache: Massage two drops of lavender onto your temples and back of your neck.