Aura Cacia is one of the most popular and mainstream essential oil brands. It is not a direct sales company, which means you can find their singles, blends and accessories in Whole Foods and other natural health stores.
The company offers a diverse array of pure single oils and blends, and is part of several organizations that are involved in creating a more sustainable global environment.
Among its massive product catalog are nearly 150 single oils and over 50 blends. And while the diversity of products is plentiful, this can make finding the right oil for every situation quite the challenge.
Essential Oils to Ease ADHD & Boost Focus
Inattention caused by ADHD or general inattention can be a detriment to work, school, and even home life. After all, all three of these things require attention. Whether it’s an attention disorder or that occasional “brain dead” feeling, natural alternatives like essential oils can work wonders.
Inattention can come in a variety of forms. It can stem from a genetic disorder, lack of sleep, anxiety, or general fatigue. This can impact memory, emotions, and inattentive behavior. Over-stimulation of the mind is also a problem. Some individuals experience bursts of energy that make focusing on a single task quite difficult. This is a common occurrence in the classroom, and it’s the reason more and more children are receiving medical treatment.
The most common treatment, of course, is prescribing medications. Such medications certainly can work. But considering how the drug works, you might consider finding an alternative. These are stimulant medications that alter levels of dopamine, a brain chemical called a neurotransmitter.
There are a host of side effects of taking these drugs, and there are significant long-term health concerns. If you think about it, you are injecting chemicals into your brain. New studies and general awareness are pushing a greater segment of people to consider alternative solutions.
And essential oils are a growing part of that push.
Please note that with more severe disorders or life situations, more serious treatments might be required. In this event, we highly recommend consulting with a professional before ceasing medication.
Which Aura Cacia Products to Use
So, you’ve decided to give Aura Cacia essential oils a shot. As we’ve noted, there are many options, so many that it can be overwhelming. We’ll try to narrow it down for you by outlining the best Aura Cacia single oils and blends to improve focus and concentration.
Keep in mind, essential oils can impact people in different ways. So it’s good to test different options to see what works best for you.
First, the best five single oils to consider:
- Lavender: This is one of the most widely used oils, due to its numerous benefits. Lavender is a great stress-reliever. By boosting the absorption of serotonin and noradrenaline, lavender brings happiness to the mind and relaxation to the body.
- Frankincense: This oil has been used for thousands of years (it’s one of the three gifts delivered by the three wise man). Beside its generally pleasing scent, frankincense helps center your mind and keep you on task.
- Vetiver: With its earthy, woody aroma, vetiver is one of the top “sedative oils.” Containing nervine and tonic properties, vetiver provides your nervous system with a tune up, aiding in improving concentration and focus.
- Ylang ylang: On this list, ylang ylang is most similar to lavender. It is a calming oil that can relieve stress, anxiety, and negative feelings. Note that ylang ylang does not have a positive impact on memory. While there are no health concerns related to its application, a 2008 study revealed that it had an opposing effect on memory.
- Peppermint: This has a much different impact than the four oils above. Peppermint is not a relaxation oil. That’s why it’s more impactful for treating inattention caused by fatigue or sleepiness. One strong whiff from the bottle and you’ll experience an instant energy boost.
Now, the best Aura Cacia blends for attention:
- Chill Pill: This wonderfully crafted blend combines lavender and citrus oils to calm the mind and body.
- Mellow Mix: This blend eases stress by relaxing an overactive mind.
- Meditation: This blend stabilizes the mind and your body to decrease hyperactivity.
- Euphoria: This blend creates a sense of peace and good cheer to reduce the negative emotions that cause inattention.
- Energize: Like peppermint, this blend improves focus and concentration by improving energy.