Looking for ways to live a more natural healthy lifestyle that is both simple and refreshing? You don’t have to be a hippie to transform your everyday behavior and pursue a simpler and healthier life. While it can mean many things, living a natural organic lifestyle – at least, in the terms that we’ll be discussing – means cutting unnecessary chemicals and artificial additives out of your life.
Consider this a DIY guide of natural lifestyle tips that is healthy for you, your family, and the environment.
The truth is, striving to live an all natural lifestyle is not a cake walk. Following a 100% organic regiment – whether it’s food, medicine, and more – can take a lot of work. It may seem like sprinting a marathon. But what we’re going to hone in on is living healthier by pursuing natural living alternatives for everything from minor pain to occasional sleep problems.
More specifically, the natural remedies we’re going to address are the use of essential oils. These all natural products often become a lifestyle in themselves. Just ask those “hardcore oilers” that may even be your friends or family members. They’ll have plenty to say about how they’ve “seen the light.” Admittedly, it can border on annoying. But there’s certainly a reason for their enthusiasm. They just can’t help themselves.
Do it yourself organic living tips
First off, our obligatory disclaimer. We aren’t doctors, so we are not “prescribing” any medicinal advice. We’re relaying knowledge of what we’ve found successful in our household, along with millions of other households across the globe.
We’ve found our vast collection of aromatherapy oils to help with:
- Occasional stress and minor mood problems
- Immune support
- General sleeplessness
- Acne and other typical skin problems
- Stomach and digestive issues
- Lack of focus and concentration
- And on and on…
Indeed. The applications and benefits of aromatherapy are virtually endless, as they deliver a host of physical, mental, and psychological therapeutic benefits. One of the most veritable advantages of essential oils is that they (assuming that you are using a quality brand) a 100% organic alternative to conventional methods. No toxins, no chemicals – equating to a healthier, less dependent lifestyle.
There are a number of single oils that we find impactful for a range of symptoms. For example, we use the following oils:
- Peppermint: Energy, minor head pain and minor sinus & chest congestion
- Lavender: Minor stress and emotional support
- Frankincense: Minor anxious feelings, nervousness, and skin care
- Lemon: Scratchy and sore throat relief, UTIs, and disinfecting agent
- Wild Orange: Inattention, emotional support, and purifying aroma
Try out a blend
In addition to these single oil options, essential oil blends are popular natural remedies that are crafted for a targeted purpose. The company we advocate for has a number of pure grade blends that we use on a daily basis:
- Calming Blend: Eases anxious thoughts while helping us to get to sleep faster and sleep dreamier throughout the night.
- Joyful Blend: Promotes joyful feelings while also improving energy.
- Focus Blend: Helps with focus and concentration.
- Protective Blend: If taken diligently, helps to ward off problems that may stem from the immune system.
As you can see, the applications are seemingly endless. We don’t just apply the occasional oil, they are a part of our everyday lives. Whether it’s getting over a cold, trying to wind down after a stressful day, or relaxing our minds before falling to sleep – as the oilers say, “there’s an oil for it.