Aromatherapy has many uses. It can promote relaxation, improve mood, and treat a variety of ailments. Among those ailments is pain and inflammation.
Certain essential oils can be great pain relievers. And while modern-day analgesics can help ease pain and inflammation, natural alternatives like essential oils can do the same without the side effects and long-term health consequences.
Using Essential Oils as Pain Killers
First, understand that the title of this recipe (Morphine Bomb Rollerball Recipe) is just something used in the essential oil world. Obviously, essential oils are not a drug replacement for scenarios where morphine is required.
Morphine is a very aggressive drug, and in no way can essential oils usurp the potency of this drug. It’s much-needed for cases where people are in extreme pain (like from many types of surgeries).
That being said, essential oils can help ease many mild and sometimes more chronic forms of pain. And depending on the severity, it can replace most over-the-counter medications. Maybe even some less potent narcotics.
Here are some common ailments people might use essential oils to treat:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle aches
- Pain from general sickness
- Swelling from injuries
Morphine Bomb Rollerball Recipe
Before outlining the Morphine Bomb recipe, it’s good to know the top single oils for pain. After all, everyone’s body reacts to pain differently; therefore, you might substitute one oil for another.
Moreover, some oils can better target more specific kinds of pain. For example:
- Lavender: Sporting a sweet and soothing aroma, lavender is especially good for upper body aches and muscle cramps. Relaxation and mood benefits are some bonuses of this oil!SaleArtizen Lavender Essential Oil (100% PURE & NATURAL - UNDILUTED) Therapeutic Grade - Huge 1oz Bottle...
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT LAVENDER OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are...
- Peppermint: With menthol as an important ingredient, peppermint is great for headaches, migraines, and sinus pain. It also has digestive properties that can help with nausea and stomach pain.
- Clary sage: This is a known as an excellent pain killer. It’s particularly effective for easing more “feminine-induced” forms of pain brought on by things such as menstruation and menopause.SaleOrganic Clary Sage Essential Oil (100% Pure - USDA Certified Organic) Best Therapeutic Grade...
- CERTIFIED USDA CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL - Healing Solution's Clary Sage Essential Oil is registered...
- Chamomile: Containing analgesic properties, chamomile works well for curbing lower back pain and muscle pains and cramps. It’s also effective for abdominal discomfort and general irritability.
- Marjoram: This oil can be effective for a range of issues, including muscle pain, headaches, toothaches, inflammation, colds, and fevers.SalePure Gold Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil, 100% Natural & Undiluted, 30ml
- 100% PURE SWEET MARJORAM ESSENTIAL OIL - Pure Gold Only Produces The Highest Quality Essential Oils....
- Eucalyptus: This oil is similar to peppermint in that it is a great solution for pain stemming from sickness. It’s a potent oil that can work as a decongestant while easing sinus pain and cold headaches.
Now for the recipe…
Note: This is a general recipe that would universally help most people. If you don’t have all of these oils, you can leave some off or replace them with other pain oils in your collection to create your own bomb recipe.
First, here’s what you’ll need to craft your recipe:
- 10ml glass roller bottle
- Carrier oil (jojoba, coconut, etc.)
- 15 drops of lavender
- 15 drops of peppermint
- 10 drops of chamomile
- 10 drops of marjoram
- 10 drops of lemongrass
- Add the essential oils to your roller bottle.
- Top off the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil of your choice.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Roll the bottle onto the area you are experiencing pain.
Roller balls are great portable essential oil applicators. You might also try diffuser jewelry for another portable application solution…