Are you looking to replace caffeine with a healthy antidote for fatigue? Supplements, pills, “magical” powder, you name it. There’s an unending list of home remedies that are branded as solutions to reduce fatigue and improve concentration. And there are plenty of natural caffeine replacement alternatives that do in fact offer impactful benefits. But how can you separate the heroes from the zeroes?
Maybe you’re trying to cut back on your coffee intake. Maybe that 24-pack of Cola is wearing down on your teeth. Either way, there are herbal caffeine alternatives that can improve your energy, focus, concentration, and more.
A quick teaser to keep you reading: Learn how to get a natural boost of adrenaline at the end of the article.
5 “caffeine substitutes” to begin with
Well, not caffeine substitutes, per se – more so daily habits. But anyways. We’ll get to the ultimate natural caffeine replacement solution in a moment. But first here’s a brief list of other organic caffeine “substitutes” to consider:
- Increase B vitamin intake. According to Psychology Today, having adequate vitamin intake is one of the keys to improved energy.
- Boost protein intake. Increasing your protein levels will help improve mood and concentration, as well as boosting energy levels.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the leading causes of low energy. In fact, the American Council on Exercise suggests that women should consume at least 91 ounces of water per day and men 125 ounces per day.
- Exercise regularly. It may seem like jogging or swimming may decrease your energy levels, but it in fact has the opposite effect. Get to the gym!
- Get a good night’s rest. It may seem obvious, but not getting adequate sleep will leave you dreary throughout the day. So rest up!
We all understand that day-by-day charade: The alarm starts blaring, you hit the snooze button (three or more times), you stumble out of bed, and then brew some coffee. Let’s face reality, for most of us the day doesn’t begin until the morning joe begins running through our veins.
Also, there are some great withdrawal supplements that specifically address caffeine addiction.
Introducing essential oils
In addition to being mindful of the daily habits outlined above, add essential oils to your energy-enhancing arsenal. A natural remedy that offers countless benefits, aromatherapy can give you those much needed bursts of energy throughout the day. Using the right set of oils can:
- Improve focus and concentration
- Encourage a more motivational mindset
- Curb stress and minor anxiety
- Soothe pain in the body
- And on and on
Among the top rejuvenating essential oils for improving low stamina is peppermint. Peppermint can be applied throughout the day through a variety of methods:
- Apply topically, directly onto the skin (if you have sensitive skin, we recommend mixing with a carrier oil).
- At night or in the morning, add a couple drops to a warm bath and breathe in the steam.
- Take a whiff straight from the bottle for some instant pep.
- Diffuse throughout your home or office space for consistent results.
Another powerful energy booster is orange. Citrus oils are often known for their energy enhancing properties. They’ll also help you remain more focused and productive thanks to the powerful therapeutic benefits they have to offer. For an added bonus, they can also have a positive impact on mood. This is crucial because poor mood and anxious feelings are often major contributors to increased fatigue.
Citrusy products like Orange deliver a sweet, refreshing aroma that comes straight from the orange peel. Among its many benefits are:
- Great for mixing your own natural cleaning spray
- Add to water or another beverage for more flavor and better health
- Diffuse throughout your office and home to enhance mood
- Mix with frankincense and/or peppermint to improve focus
An instantly natural pick-me-up
Instead of brewing up that second pot of coffee, here’s a trick you can use for an instant pick-me-up. Note: Only attempt this with quality, therapeutic grade essential oils. We’re not physicians, and the products we sell are not FDA approved, so please use at your own risk (have to throw in our disclosure).
Simply follow these instructions to apply:
- Add two drops of peppermint oil to the palm of your hand.
- Add two drops of orange to the same palm.
- Rub your hands together so the oils sink into your skin.
- Cup your hands together, make a slight hole, and suck in deeply.
We know, it may seem like a practical joke. But for most people, it really does work. Some people describe it as a shot of adrenaline. Again, we can’t stress enough the importance of using only quality oils – not only for safety reasons, but for the therapeutic benefits you’ll achieve.
In addition to being diligent about adhering to the daily habits we outlined earlier, use essential oils to complement your efforts. To sum up just a few options on how you can use these 100% natural products, consider the following tips:
- Use peppermint for that much needed on-the-go pep.
- Use lavender to ease stress and help you get restful sleep.
- Use orange to improve mood while increasing stamina.
- Combine peppermint and orange to get that instant pick-me-up.