Whether it’s long days in the classroom or grueling hours at work, it’s easy to lose your focus and concentration. Indeed, sometimes we all suffer from a little undiagnosed Attention Deficit Disorder. Or, we’re actually dealing with an ADD, Autism, or ADHD diagnosis.
The point is, keeping our minds on track, all the time, can be a daunting challenge.
Regardless of your specific situation, it’s easy to succumb to the plethora of medications on the market today. But did you know there are homeopathic remedies for concentration and focus that are both healthy and effective? Note: Always refer to your physician before making decisions on any prescription medications you may be taking.
To name a few, here are some of the most common options:
- Hyoscyamus: Known to ease symptoms of hyperactivity and restlessness.
- Stramonium: Cited as one of the most effective homeopathic drugs for ADHD, it can curb hostile behavior while reducing hyperactivity.
- Cina: Useful for kids who often display aggressive behavior when touched or disciplined.
- Tuberculinum: Helps with irritability, dissatisfaction, and the urgent need for constant stimulation.
Beyond the many traditional homeopathic remedies available, there are natural alternatives to homeopathic drugs that can also work wonders.
The best homeopathic “alternative” remedy for inattention
Whether it’s you or your children who are struggling with attention problems, there are plenty of natural ways to improve your focus throughout the day.
Essential oils, in particular, offer an organic formula of medicine to help combat low focus and concentration. Now, inattentive behavior can stem from a variety of problems, including everything from anxiety to physical pain and depression. Fortunately, there are numerous oils – and oil blends – to address a range of symptoms. As we like like to say, “hey, there’s an oil for that!”
For starters, consider these homeopathic essential oils for treating the following symptoms:
- Ylang Ylang: Has sedative properties while working to balance your emotions.
- Lavender: Relaxes the body and mind while improving overall mood.
- Patchouli: Similar to Ylang Ylang, it offers a sedative-like benefits with characteristics of sesquiterpenes.
- Lime: Helps soothe your central nervous system while improving emotional balance.
- Roman Chamomile: Provides emotional support with benefits of esters.
Quite simply, these natural homeopathic products can help resolve a range of symptoms, many of which could be impacting your mind throughout the day and evening.
Try an essential oil blend
Using an oil blend, particularly when dealing with ADHD-like symptoms, can be highly effective at fighting inattention, as they contain multiple species of plants. Blends are generally intended to target a specific problem (oftentimes, they’ll provide other unintended benefits).
In the case of focus and concentration, the Concentration Blend would be a viable option. This 100% proprietary blend is formulated to specifically address inattentive behavior. It comprises the following oils:
- Ylang Ylang
- Roman Chamomile
No matter the age, keeping on task consistently throughout the day can be challenging. This blend can be effective at improving concentration for both children and adults, providing the ability to retain focus through both the short and long term.
This Concentration Blend offers spicy, earthy tones in a rollerball format for easy application. It can be applied topically (if you have sensitive skin, you can dilute with coconut oil) in the following ways:
- Apply to your temples and back of neck for enhanced clarity and focus.
- Apply to wrists and inhale deeply to improve concentration.
- Diffuse the blend in the classroom (calling all teachers!) or in your office throughout the day. This will help give you clarity through those mid-afternoon brain crashes.
Before making any concrete decision, always take into consideration which essential oil brand would best fit your needs. For instance, buying a cheap bottle of lavender from Walgreens would, quite frankly, be a waste of your time and money. Doing so would most likely lead you to swearing off essential oils altogether – before you even really got started.
If you’re looking for real results, you can’t skimp out on quality – particularly when addressing issues like we’ve outlined in this article. Not only will inexpensive oils not be nearly as effective, they could cause skin irritation or other adverse reactions. You want to use a brand that offers therapeutic grade benefits.
So what are your options?
- Use a single oil like Lavender to calm your mind and balance your emotions.
- Use an essential oil blend like the Energize Blend to address all aspects of focus and concentration.