Lavender is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, essential oils. Not only does it smell nice, its numerous therapeutic properties make it an excellent ingredient in many home recipes. It has uses for stress, sleep, food, pain, and much more.
In addition to being used for anxiety, depression, and sleeplessness, lavender is widely known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
There are many things to make with lavender essential oil. And below, we’ll outline our five favorite recipes.
- ALL-AROUND FANTASTIC ESSENTIAL OIL: Lavender oil is ultra-versatile and loaded with benefits. That's...
5 Recipes Using Lavender Essential Oil
The following lavender oil recipes are quite versatile and offer a range of benefits.
1. Lavender Bath Salts
Combining lavender into bath salt form can help ease stress, tension, and insomnia. It can also help with minor pain, ranging from headaches to joint pain and muscle aches. Here are the ingredients for our lavender mint bath salt recipe:
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 2 cups of epsom salts
- 25 drops of lavender oil
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
Note: If you’re suffering from a cold, the peppermint oil can help relieve mucus and sinus pressure.
- Combine and mix all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Use about ¼ of a cup in your bath
- Store the bath salts in a airtight glass jar
- LAVENDER BATH SALTS: A fine/medium grain blend of sea salts scented with Lavender Essential Oil in a...
2. Lavender Antiseptic Spray
Lavender can be a great ingredient in creating a DIY hand sanitizer and antiseptic skin spray. This recipe can double as a way to ward off germs and keep your hands sanitized in a 100% natural way.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of witch hazel
- 2 tsps of vitamin e oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Optional: 10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Store in an 8 oz spray bottle
- Use on countertops, cuts and scrapes, as a hand sanitizer, and more!
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE OIL - Permeate your home with the fresh, floral fragrance of pure...
3. Lavender Lemonade
“Lavender lemonade” is a recipe that can be used for a range of health issues, such as headaches and stress. As a bonus, it’s delicious! Rather than reaching for the medicine cabinet, this easy lavender drink recipe can provide natural relief for countless health problems.
- Drink pitcher
- 12 c. of water
- 6 lemons
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- Optional: raw honey
Note: When taking essential oils internally, it’s important to read the product label. Not all essential oils are food grade.
- Squeeze 6 lemons into your drink pitcher
- Add in the lavender oil, water, and optional honey
- Mix the ingredients
- Chill in the refrigerator before use
4. Lavender Skin Serum
Included among the many applications of lavender, it can be used to heal and maintain healthy skin. In addition to naturally fighting redness, it can moisturize and repair skin after a major acne breakout. Combined with other oils it can even be used for healing scars and bruises.
- 15 drops of lavender oil
- 2 oz of coconut oil
- 1 oz of shea butter
- 1 tsp of vitamin E oil
- 1 oz of aloe
- Combine ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Blend with a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Place into a glass jar and apply one to three times per day
- If possible, apply while your skin is damp to seal in the moisture
5. Lavender Bug Repellent
Lavender bug repellent is a great recipe to pull out during the warmer days of the year. A widely used ingredient in most store-bought bug sprays is DEET – a chemical designed to repel, rather than exterminate, insects. The following homemade bug spray recipe is a great solution to use without dousing yourself in potentially harmful chemicals.
- 8 oz spray bottle
- 4 oz of water
- Witch hazel
- 15 drops of lavender oil
- 10 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 10 drops of cinnamon oil
- Fill the spray bottle about halfway with boiled or distilled water (4 ounces)
- Add in witch hazel, filling near the top of the bottle
- Add in the essential oils. Note that you can use different oils to reach your desired scent. Other oils you can try are clove, rosemary, and frankincense.
- BEST LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL for anxiety & as a sleep aid is a therapeutic grade homeopathic healing...