Whether it’s mild or chronic pain, essential oils can provide pain and tension relief while reducing inflammation in a range of ailments. Have arthritis, swelling, muscle, joint, or back pain? Indeed, there are natural remedies out there that can in fact help you find relief.
If you suffer from some form of pain and discomfort, you’re certainly not alone. Tens of millions of Americans suffer from pain on a daily basis. More specifically, the American Chiropractic Association reports that over half of all workers acknowledge having symptoms of back pain – and it’s among the most common reasons people miss work.
That’s why so many narcotics, OTC medications, and other supplements exchange hands on a daily basis. But what if there was another way to treat pain and inflammation? Using a 100% natural home remedy? Well, the title suggests, there is a way.
Learn how to bomb that pain away with a range of essential oils.
Single essential oils for fighting pain
First we’ll observe several single oils that can be used to relieve all different types of pain. Some of them are great for more generalized pain, while others are better for treating more specific symptoms. Peppermint, for instance, is an excellent oil for minimizing headaches and migraines.
- Frankincense: A sacred oil used for centuries, Frankincense is commonly used for treating arthritis and general joint pain.
- Peppermint: Effective for treating general muscle pain, headaches, and migraines.
- Eucalyptus: Among the more precious oils harvested, eucalyptus provides soothing and regenerative benefits.
- Lavender: With sedative properties, Marjoram assists in relieving muscle stiffness, arthritis, and migraines.
These powerful oils can help you manage pain in a 100% natural and healthy manner. For instance, rather than popping a couple Tylenol, try rubbing Peppermint on your temples to get rid of that mind-numbing headache. Arthritis, joint pain, or muscle aches? Massage a quality blend of oils to relieve discomfort in the affected area.
The Soothing Blend for ultra pain relief
If you want maximum relief, you might consider a blend of several different oils. Used in conjunction, essential oils can be even more powerful when combined through a strategic formula.
One of the more popular blends, the “Soothing Blend” is a wonderfully crafted blend of essential oils for treating ongoing discomfort. Blended with a creative range of exotic oils, this formula offers a soothing solution for everything from achy joints to sore muscles.
The Soothing Blend offers an all natural pain relief and inflammation alternative that delivers sustained results. This blend is crafted specifically to ease muscle and joint pain with a pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory effect.
How to apply them
Generally speaking, essential oils can be applied topically directly to the area of your body that needs relief. Note: Some oils (particularly if you are using a cheaper quality product) require a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) for dilution. There are a number of ways to apply them, depending on the area needing attention. To name a few:
- Back pain: Massage a couple drops along your back and compress with ice or heat.
- Bruises: Apply a single drop on the affected area and let soak in.
- Muscle aches: Massage a couple drops into the affected area several times throughout the day, or as needed.
- Arthritis: Massage oil into the area once or twice a day.
- Joint pain: Massage a couple drops into the affected area and use cold or heat afterward.
- Headaches or migraines: Massage a couple drops (Peppermint, preferably) along your temples.
If you suffer from chronic pain that cannot be contained with natural options, we always recommend consulting your physician. But it doesn’t hurt to try out these healthy alternatives.
4 thoughts on “Essential Oils For Pain Relief and Inflammation”
The essential oil as I used lavander oil not only for pain but also one of the ingredients for hair thicker and shiny.
where you mention lavender
*Lavender: With sedative properties, Marjoram assists in relieving muscle stiffness, arthritis, and migraines.*
you say marjoram also. Just wondering which EO you meant
Rose essential oil is very helpful for relieving muscle stiffness and relaxation as well! I should have tried peppermint essential oil to reduce my headache. Thanks for sharing the post!
Which is the best mix to alleviate old broken jaw injury (50 years ago) with gum abscess pain? (Also headache pain as well)