Looking for a pleasing perfume scent that doesn’t contain toxic chemicals? Aromatherapy products like essential oils allow you to create your own organic DIY perfume recipes that are healthy and boldly beautiful.
In this article, we’ll outline a wonderfully-crafted blend of essential oils that includes sandalwood and rose, with a top note of orange.
Not only do essential oils create amazing perfume scents, they offer therapeutic benefits that can improve your health and well being. This recipe, in particular, provides an excellent duo of benefits: sensuality and mood enhancement.
Using Essential Oils in Perfume Recipes
There are a number of essentials to understand when creating your own DIY perfumes. This is especially important if you plan on testing out different blends. Generally speaking, you’ll want to start by using a base note oil, then soften it up with a middle note, and finish things off with a nice top note.
To help you distinguish between the different types of notes, here are several examples:
- Ylang ylang
For this recipe, we will be using sandalwood for the base note, rose for the middle note, and orange for the top note.
Sandalwood and Rose Perfume Blend
Sandalwood and rose essential oils offer their own unique set of benefits. For instance, sandalwood can help promote mental clarity, the reason it is so often used for prayer and meditation rituals.
Rose offers its own set of benefits, great for your skin, mood, and bedroom.
Using essential oils to create your own natural perfume isn’t difficult. First, you’ll need to start off with a few supplies and ingredients.
In this recipe you’ll need the following:
- Mixing container
- 15ml glass container (roller bottle, perfume bottle, etc.)
- Preferred carrier oil (grapeseed, coconut, etc.)
- 2 drops of liquid glycerin
- 15 drops of sandalwood
- 15 drops of orange
- 10 drops of rose
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, it’s simple. Just follow these instructions:
- Add the orange, sandalwood, and rose essential oil to your mixing container.
- Inhale the mixture to see how potent it is. We recommend this because some essential oil brands are more potent than others.
- If it doesn’t seem strong enough, add in a few additional drops of each oil.
- Add the glycerin to your container and mix the blend well.
- After mixing up the solution well, pour into your roller bottle, perfume bottle, or other 15ml glass container
- Add in your carrier oil to top off the solution.
- Close the container and shake well.
To maximize your results, before use store your perfume in a cool dark area for about 24 hours. Within this time period, shake the bottle up 3 to 4 times. This will help the blend to mix properly.
You are now ready to apply your sandalwood and rose perfume recipe!