Pregnancy, labor, the mere act of breastfeeding, there is a lot to stress over when it comes to raising a child. This is on top of the many other variables in life that can trigger anxiety.
Breastfeeding is a beautiful and natural practice that provides the best nourishment for your baby. It also creates an unbreakable bond between you and your son or daughter. And the longer you breastfeed, the healthier your baby will be. Of course, breastfeeding is not without its challenges. It comes with a lot of restrictions when it comes to what you can and cannot put into your body.
- Women-owned and family-operated since 2009, we personally source each essential oil and raw...
A brief note: As we aren’t doctors, we can’t claim to attach any particular practice or product to treating anxiety and depression while breastfeeding. But mothers all over the world are pursuing these natural anxiety remedies and techniques to help ease the stress of a breastfeeding lifestyle.
4 safe ways to ease stress while breastfeeding
Before we get into any natural or herbal product recommendations, consider these 4 techniques for reducing anxiety while breastfeeding:
- Breathe: One of the first things to do when you become anxious is to, that’s right, breathe. Breathing deeply from your diaphragm is a great way to ease stress. First, inhale slowly for 4 seconds, filling your stomach and chest. Hold your breath for another 4 seconds, and then exhale slowly for 4 more seconds.
- Exercise: Moderate exercise will help to provide confidence in your inner and outer being. One of the best exercise techniques is yoga, as it promotes peace while improving your overall outlook on life.
- Meditation: Fear is a regular emotion that often stimulates racing, negative thoughts. Meditating helps clear an overactive mind by detaching yourself from outside influencers to kindle your inner being.
- Visualizations: You’ve probably heard the saying, “Mind over matter.” There is certainly some truth to this popular mantra. By channeling your thoughts and emotions through calming visualizations, you’ll loosen up the tense qualities that often boost stress. Nature visualizations are often the most effective (a warm beach, your favorite park, etc.).
- Majestic Pure Lavender Oil; blend of two (2) pure lavender oil; Lavandula angustifolia from Bulgaria...
Natural anti anxiety products to consider
In addition to these general tips and tricks to ease anxiety while breastfeeding, you might consider a natural home remedy such as aromatherapy. Essential oil products in particular can be highly effective at helping to reduce stress. Among the most popular oils are lavender and frankincense. Assuming that you are using 100% natural oils (some brands use chemical additives), these are healthy herbal remedies that can ease anxiety naturally.
In addition to single oils like frankincense and lavender, you can also try out options like aromatherapy candles and essential oil blends. These generally comprise multiple ingredients for a more targeted purpose. And when it comes to anxiety, there are many options to choose from.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Frankincense Essential Oil: ETHICALLY PRODUCED using methods that integrate...
Make your efforts comprehensive
To maximize your efforts, it’s best to use a comprehensive strategy. This could be a combination of some of the techniques we’ve outlined above, in addition to a few natural products. You would be amazed at what rubbing a little bit of lavender on your wrists could do!