Whether in children or adults, there are a host of natural remedies for treating disorders like Autism and ADHD. Whether it’s a social anxiety disorder or simply a lack of focus and concentration, home treatments can be highly effective at combating a range of symptoms.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disorder that impacts the way people communicate and interact with their peers. It involves a broad range of symptoms that varies widely on severity. To keep it simple, the different types of ASD can be summarized largely in these three categories:
- Asperger’s Syndrome: A high-functioning form of Autism.
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
Autism can affect any age group, as well as occur in any ethnic or socioeconomic group. Experts calculate that 3 to 6 children out of every thousand will have some form of Autism.
Before we go too much further, let’s dig into a few general notes about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
As you may very well know, ADHD is a well-recognized developmental problem among both children and adults. It is often associated with inattention, hyperactivity, and stimulation of erratic impulses.
ADHD is becoming more and more treated among children (clinically, that is), as doctors are quick to prescribe drugs like Adderall, Ritalin, and other medications. Certainly, there are reasonable cases for a doctor to recommend prescription medications (we’re not doctors, so we always recommend consulting your physician). But there are natural methods to treat ADHD as well, for both children and adults.
ADHD symptoms surge forward into adulthood for about 60 percent of all children, according to experts on the matter. That equates to about 8 million Americans, or 4 percent of the U.S. adult population. If you suspect (or already know) that you suffer from ADHD, here are a few symptoms to be aware of:
- Difficulty following directions
- Memory: Struggling to recall information
- Inability to concentrate, be motivated, or organize tasks
- Unable to complete work within expected time limits
Holistic methods for focus & concentration
Updated disclaimer: Essential oils cannot claim to “treat” or “cure” ADHD or Autism. These are merely suggestions that some people have found effective in relieving their symptoms.
Regardless of you or your child’s symptoms – lack of focus, attention, social skills, whatever they may be – there is nothing to be ashamed of. Millions of Americans struggle with these issues every single day.
To begin, here is a list of single essential oils that are popularly used for concentration and focus:
- Lavender: With sedative properties, helps relax the mind and improve emotions.
- Frankincense: Helps sooth the central nervous system while improving overall mood.
- Ylang Ylang: Similar to lavender, calms mood with sedative characteristics.
- Patchouli: Calms the mind and body, while delivering positive emotion.
Each oil delivers its own organic therapeutic benefits, whether it’s improving mental clarity or calming minor stress symptoms. One significant benefit of using home remedies is the lack of side effects.
Many children and adults suffer from side effects that are severe – and sometimes even permanent. Holistic medicine is an organic alternative that is not only highly impactful, but 100% safe and natural.
The ultimate natural alternative
Using single oils is a great approach to take. But if you want to optimize your results, using an essential oil blend may be the best route for you. Blends generally comprise a meticulously crafted mix of essential oils designed to address a specific symptom.
The Energize Blend is a formula that can help with inattentive and occasionally anxious behavior. This focus blend includes oils like:
Energize is great for improving concentration while bolstering natural, healthy thought processes. Effective for both children and adults, this essential oil blend helps to sustain focus.
Here’s instructions on how to best utilize the blend:
- Apply to temples and back of neck to improve concentration.
- Apply to wrists and inhale deeply to promote focus and increased mental clarity.
- Diffuse at home or at work throughout the day. This is great for keeping on task during those mid-afternoon coffee crashes.
To sum it up
Before we close, here are a few everyday suggestions to work in conjunction with your new essential oil regiment:
- Regulate sugary drinks and foods, because high volumes of sugar can promote ADHD symptoms.
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and foods that are high in protein.
- Build out a structured nutritional diet to help your body operate naturally.
Coupled with a healthy diet, natural home remedies like the use of essential oils can have a profound effect on focus, concentration, social anxiety, and much, much more.