Whether you are a long-time reader or new to the site, if you’ve stumbled across this article, you’ve likely heard about essential oil diffuser jewelry.
Other than being portable, diffuser jewelry works differently than traditional, aromatherapy diffusers. Still, the each serve the same purpose. A stationary diffuser uses water to emit a steam of aroma, providing a number of benefits:
- Emits a pleasing aroma throughout the room
- Humidifies and purifies the room environment
- Offers sustained therapeutic benefits
Depending on the oil, you can achieve a range of benefits. For example:
- Diffuse lavender to relax your mind and body
- Diffuse orange and peppermint to increase energy and uplift your mood
- Diffuse eucalyptus to combat respiratory problems
- Diffuse lemon to eliminate foul odors
- And on and on…
Meanwhile, diffuser jewelry doesn’t use water to diffuse oils. Rather, it has some form of application that allows you to soak the oils for sustainable results. Depending on the material, diffuser necklaces and bracelets can harbor the scent and therapeutic benefits of oils for a few hours, up to a few days.
Styles of Necklace Diffuser Necklaces
There are a number of styles of essential oil necklace diffusers. And we’re not just talking about aesthetics. Portable aromatherapy diffusers offer different modes of application.
As far as overall style, you have a couple options to choose from:
- The “practical” form: We say “practical” not because other styles aren’t practical, but because diffusing oils is their only function. While their method of diffusion works well, they certainly don’t provide that fashion statement you might be looking for.
- The “fashionable” form: These portable diffusers combine functionality with style. They appear like any other piece of jewelry, except they deliver the amazing benefits of essential oils. Take, for example, our aromatherapy heart diffuser necklaces.
Types of Portable Essential Oil Jewelry
When it comes to essential oil bracelet and necklace diffusers, there are two main types of applications. They are as follows:
- Felt pad diffusers: These are the most common form. They use a small felt pad that absorbs the oils. While you won’t find any aesthetic differences with the following style, they won’t hold a scent for a long time. You will typically have to apply the oil to the pad every few hours.
- Lava stone diffusers: This type uses a natural lava stone to diffuse essential oils. Pouring 2 to 3 drops onto the lava rock will give you benefits that can last all day. In fact, depending on the oil type and brand, they can hold a scent for days.
To be fair, we are biased, as we sell lava stone stone diffusers in our ecommerce store. Still, we’ve tried a range of jewelry types and styles before we resolved on the lava stones. The stones are immune from corrosion and they provide more sustainable results.
For most people, applying a couple drops of oil to a felt pad every few hours isn’t a big deal. But if you’re looking for longer-term results, a lava stone necklace would be the preferable choice.