Like most essential oil brands, Plant Therapy has a vast collection of single oils and blends. In fact, the company has nearly 200 different kinds of single oils and over 70 blends – many of which can be used for health issues like depression and stress.
While such variety is certainly a plus, it can make finding that “perfect” oil or blend for every situation quite the challenge. For one, there are so many to choose from. And secondly, essential oils can impact people in different ways.
In this article, we’ll specifically focus on how and which Plant Therapy essential oils can ease anxiety and emotional pain.
Plant Therapy Essential Oils For Anxiety and Mood
First, a quick house cleaning note: If you suffer from chronic depression or anxiety, there’s no shame in consulting with a healthcare professional. Under more serious circumstances, it’s important to seek out the help you need.
If, however, your health issues are manageable without medications, aromatherapy is one of the best natural remedies available. Coupling these amazing products with a few lifestyle changes can work wonders for your mood and stress levels.
Everyone deals with some level of stress and the occasional mood swing. So how do essential oils help?
In part, it’s the overlooked power of smell. Think about it. That smell of freshly-baked chocolate cookies. The scent of your childhood home. There are countless smells that can evoke memories and emotions.
And there’s plenty of research to back it up. A 2011 study in Thailand discovered that bergamot decreased anxiety response in rats. Another study found that blends of lavender and bergamot promoted relaxation, alertness, and improved mood.
Single Oils For Stress & Depression
As noted, depending on the person, some oils can be more effective than others. That’s why it’s important to see all of your options. Before highlighting Plant Therapy’s best blends for stress and mood, here is a list of the top “anxiety and depression oils”:
- Lavender: This would likely be considered the most popular essential oil for mental and emotional issues. It’s floral scent promotes relaxation and peace.
- Bergamot: This is a very stimulating oil that can work like an antidepressant. By improving blood circulation, bergamot can encourage feelings of joy.
- Frankincense: This oil is better known for its sedative properties. Whether you suffer from social anxiety or you’re nervous about an upcoming presentation, frankincense is an excellent solution.
- Orange: This, along with other citrus oils like lemon and grapefruit, is a great mood and energy-booster. Its sweet aroma encourages a more positive outlook on life.
- Ylang ylang: In addition to a range of other benefits (heart health, pain relief, etc.), ylang ylang is an excellent mood-enhancer. Research indicates that this oil can treat anger and improve self esteem.
- Roman chamomile: This a fresh and light scent that promotes relief from life’s daily stressors. Had a day packed with anxiety? Sprinkle a few drops of chamomile into a warm bath and wash away the stress.
- Geranium: This is an uplifting oil that balances the mind. Geranium’s potent floral scent provides a grounding effect to ease depression.
- Vetiver: This oil is often considered the number-one sedative. It decreases worry and can even help with insomnia and other sleep problems.
Plant Therapy Proprietary Blends
While Plant Therapy has several different essential oil blends that can help with stress and depression, these two stand out among the rest:
1. For anxiety, the Worry Free Blend would be the way to go. This wonderfully-crafted blend can ease moments of chaos, worry, and tension. According to Plant Therapy, it is “loved by adults for its ability to help promote a tranquil atmosphere during the day or before bedtime.”
The Worry Free Blend contains the following ingredients:
- Marjoram sweet
- Ylang ylang
- Peru balsam
- Roman chamomile
2. For depression, the Blues Buster Blend would be your weapon of choice. It contains a trio of citrusy oils to rid yourself of the blues. According to the brand, the blend “increases your sensory and emotional well-being” to make “colors look brighter” and “music sound sweeter.”
The Blue Buster Blend contains these three oils:
- Geranium bourbon
So there you have it. These are the top Plant Therapy oils and blends to treat depression and anxiety.