Suffering from stress and anxiety can be a debilitating problem. Unfortunately, it’s an inevitable component that we must deal with at some point in our lives, whether it’s periodically or on occasion. Sometimes stress may be situational. Other times, it can be difficult to identify any particular source of the anxiety. Maybe it could be relating to a negative life event. Maybe it could be something you’re struggling with at work. And on and on.
Regardless of the degree or frequency of anxiety, there are a number of things that can help. Sure, there are a number of prescription drugs that can provide relief. But is chemically-induced relief the solution you’re looking for (note: we are not doctors, so always talk to your physician before discontinuing any medications)?
- Think of Stress Relief as your body’s bellman, relieving you of mental baggage with its calming,...
Single essential oils for stress
Aromatherapy is a practice that has been used for centuries. Essential oils such as frankincense and myrrh were used during Bible times. And countless other oils were used centuries before then. Despite what you may be thinking, “scent” is not the only, or even the primary, benefit of aromatherapy. Sure, essential oils have a very pleasing smell. But, assuming you are using the quality brand, these natural remedy products offer no shortage of therapeutic benefits – including those relating to tension and anxiety.
Before going into the essential oil rollerball recipe we recommend for anxiety, it’s good to know a few single oils that can be used on their own:
- Orange: Offering a citrusy scent, orange can improve your mood, while enhancing focus and energy.
- ESSENTIAL AROMATHERAPY - Orange is refreshing, uplifting and invigorating with a fresh, sweet orange...
- Lavender: Containing sedative-like properties, lavender promotes relaxation, while soothing the body and soul.
- Frankincense: One of the more prized oils, frankincense encourages a sense of serenity and peace, while easing anxious feelings.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT FRANKINCENSE OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart...
- Ylang ylang: A popular ingredient in many different fragrances, ylang ylang helps to curb tension while promoting a favorable outlook on life.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Ylang Ylang on the market, in our opinion. If you are not...
Blend rollerball recipe for a stress ridden mind and body
Feel free to try out the single essential oils for anxiety listed above. But to maximize the impact of aromatherapy, you might also try a rollerball recipe for a more powerful effect and more user-friendly application. The following recipe offers a calming aroma that promotes relaxation of the mind, body, and soul. It’s a great blend for life’s daily stressors.
In short, it is the perfect blend to reduce tension, calm emotions, and stimulate lasting feelings of peace.
- 10 drops of Lavender
- 10 drops of Ylang ylang
- 5 drops of Chamomile
- 5 drops of Sandalwood
- 5 drops of Frankincense
Be sure to top the bottle off with a carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil) in your rollerball recipe. This will help prevent skin irritation. Start by combining each of these oils into the rollerball. Then fill the rest of the bottle with your chosen carrier oil.
While it’s pretty self-explanatory, for a quick tutorial on how to fill your rollerball recipe, refer to this video:
To use the recipe, simply apply the rollerball to your wrists, back of neck, and/or bottom of your feet.