Clary sage essential oil is one of the lesser known essential oils despite its profound health benefits. When it comes to treating numerous health conditions, clary sage essential oil is an effective treatment unlike anything else. This incredible product can treat serious conditions such as leukemia, epilepsy and problems related to hormonal imbalances, just to name a few.
1. Treat Epilepsy to Prevent Dangerous Seizures
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system. About three million Americans suffer from epilepsy. Those who have the condition must dramatically adjust their lifestyle due to the fact that seizures can occur at random and unexpected times. Because seizures are so unpredictable, those who suffer from epilepsy often cannot work and must avoid driving (source).
Seizures are incredibly dangerous because they affect several systems within the body. During a seizure, a person is at risk of choking. Over time, a person who suffers from epilepsy is at a higher risk of heart attack and stroke. During a seizure, a person may lose control over their muscles and fall down, potentially breaking a bone or causing brain damage by falling on their head. A seizure also puts a person at risk of swallowing their tongue.
For those who suffer from epilepsy, there is a variety of drugs that are available through a prescription. These drugs affect the central nervous system in order to prevent seizures from occurring. Sadly, these drugs are renowned for their potential side effects that can cause numerous health problems. For example, those who suffer from depression often experience a worsening of their symptoms when taking these medications. Most anti-seizure medications can also cause painful kidney stones as well as damage to the liver (source).
Amazingly, however, clary sage essential oil has been shown to prevent seizures by calming down the central nervous system and reducing brainwave activity. When mice inhaled clary sage essential oil, a their central nervous systems saw depressed activity. The inhalation of clary sage essential oil calms both the nerves and the mind to prevent dangerous seizures from occurring (source).
The Easy Inhalation Method for a Healthy Nervous System
- Place an oil diffuser on a surface that is nearby a sink in your home. If you do not own an oil diffuser, you can find one online that is available for purchase.
- Take the lid off of your oil diffuser’s tank and set it aside.
- Unscrew your clary sage essential oil’s cap by unscrewing it. Place the clary sage oil bottle’s cap aside.
- Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle in one hand and flip it upside-down. Then, position the clary sage essential oil bottle right above the tank of the oil diffuser.
- Use the side of one finger to hit the side of the clary sage essential oil bottle. Hit it a few times so that four or five drops fall into the tank of the oil diffuser.
- Twist the cap back onto the clary sage essential oil bottle.
- Pick up the oil diffuser and hold it right below the faucet of your sink. Fill the tank with water. Do not fill the tank past its maximum fill line.
- Place the lid back onto the tank of the oil diffuser.
- Bring the oil diffuser into a room that you will be staying in for a while. Plug the diffuser into an outlet.
- Place the oil diffuser down on a surface. Press the power button to turn the oil diffuser on. As soon as you have turned on your oil diffuser, vapor should immediately come out of the tank.
- Stay in the room with the oil diffuser for at least one hour. You may do this once each day to treat epilepsy.
The Oral Method for Preventing Seizures
- Fill a drinking glass with water. You may use tap water or filtered water.
- Twist off the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap. Place its cap down on a nearby surface.
- Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle with your hand and tilt it so that the spout is facing down. Hold the clary sage essential oil bottle above the drinking glass so that the spout is about one inch away from the surface of the water.
- With your index finger, tap the clary sage essential oil bottle’s side a couple of times. Do this until three drops of clary sage essential oil have fallen into the drinking glass.
- Use a spoon to stir the clary sage essential oil into the water. Stir for 20 seconds.
- Drink the contents of the glass. Do this each day.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Clary Sage on the market, in our opinion. If you are not...
2. Strengthen Your Gums and Disinfect Your Mouth for Healthy, Long-Lasting Teeth
Because the inside of the mouth is a dark and moist environment, it is prone to the growth of harmful bacteria that can damage the teeth and gums over time. As we age, our risk of developing dental problems like tooth decay, loss of teeth and gum disease increases as this bacteria continues to grow.
Tooth loss is one of the most costly procedures to fix. Artificial teeth that look realistic are incredibly expensive because they are made with high-quality materials that are durable enough to withstand the constant chewing of food.
Needless to say, avoiding tooth loss altogether is important. As an astringent, clary sage essential oil has the ability to actually strengthen gum tissue, increasing its hold on teeth. By protecting the integrity of gum tissue, teeth are much less likely to fall out as we age (source).
Additionally, the antibacterial properties of clary sage essential oil can kill harmful bacteria in the mouth that damage the teeth and gums. Common dental issues like periodontal disease, tooth decay and cavities are the result of plaque, a hardened buildup of bacteria that slowly eats away at the teeth and gums. As the plaque continues to grow, it becomes more and more difficult to eradicate because of its incredibly hard and dense consistency (source).
The Daily Rinse Method for Good Oral Health
- Place a measuring cup underneath your faucet and turn the faucet on in order to fill the cup with one cup of water. Alternatively, you may use filtered water.
- Pour the cup of water into a drinking glass.
- Take off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and put the cap down somewhere that is nearby. Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle and turn it upside-down.
- Gently shake the clary sage essential oil bottle, allowing four drops of oil to pour out into the water.
- Carefully stir the clary sage essential oil and water together with a spoon for 20 seconds.
- Pour the clary sage essential oil and water mixture into your mouth. Without swallowing, swish this rinse around your mouth vigorously for 60 seconds. Then, spit it out into the sink. Do this twice each day to maintain good oral health.
The Spot Treatment Method for Toothaches and Oral Infections
- After removing the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap, hold it in one hand upside-down over a small bowl.
- Tap the clary sage essential oil bottle’s side with one finger so that three drops fall into the bowl.
- Hold a tablespoon under your sink’s faucet. Turn the faucet on in order to fill the tablespoon with water.
- Pour the tablespoon of water into the bowl that contains the clary sage essential oil.
- With a fork, stir the water and clary sage essential oil together for ten seconds.
- Dip a clean, unused q-tip into the water and clary sage essential oil mixture.
- Dab the oil-soaked q-tip onto any areas in your mouth that are infected, inflamed or painful. You may do this twice each day.
3. Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle and Ease Painful Cramps for Easy Periods
A normal menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. During their period, a woman may experience cramping of the uterus in addition to aches and pains throughout the body. Other common symptoms include mood swings, anxiety, fatigue and irritability (source).
Unfortunately, many women do not have normal menstrual cycles or periods. Countless women suffer from irregular periods as well as periods that are extremely painful both physically and emotionally. Sadly, many women believe that it is normal to suffer during their time of the month.
In an effort to find relief from painful menstrual symptoms, many women turn to over-the-counter drugs that are designed specifically to treat the unpleasant symptoms associated with menstruation. These drugs combine the anti-inflammatory compounds found in popular NSAIDs with caffeine to stimulate blood flow to painful areas of the body such as the uterus. Unfortunately, many women react badly to the high level of caffeine found in these medications. Those who have a low tolerance to caffeine may experience sweating, hyperactivity and increased heart rate.
Another popular treatment option for both painful menstruation and an irregular menstrual cycle is birth control pills. These prescription pills drastically affect a woman’s cycle by pumping the body with synthetic hormones. Many women find this method to be successful. However, birth control pills are actually notorious for their side effects such as suicidal thoughts, blood clots and increased risk of breast cancer. Simply put, filling your body with synthetic hormones should be avoided whenever possible (source).
A totally safe and natural method for controlling one’s menstrual cycle is clary sage essential oil. As an emmenagogue, clary sage essential oil regulates the menstrual cycle by stimulating a healthy and consistent flow of blood from the uterus (source).
Clary sage essential oil is renowned for its ability to treat individual menstrual symptoms as well. Because of its antispasmodic properties, clary sage essential oil relieves cramps by reducing the contractions of the uterus that occur during one’s period. Menstrual cramps are caused by these contractions that take place in order to expel the uterine lining from the body as quickly as possible (source).
Amazingly, one study tested the oil’s antispasmodic properties out on women who suffered from extreme menstrual cramps. By massaging the oil into the skin, women experienced incredible relief from their pain (source).
Clary sage essential oil also has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve pain throughout the body. Plus, because of clary sage essential oil’s ability to act as a sedative, it can relieve emotional distress that commonly occurs during a woman’s period.
The Daily Ingestion Method for Regulating Your Cycle
- Fill a regular drinking glass with water. Filtered water or tap water will work fine.
- Twist off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and put it down somewhere nearby. Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle.
- Angle the clary sage essential oil bottle in a way that positions its mouth about one inch above the surface of the water inside of the drinking glass. Use your index finger to lightly tap the clary sage essential oil bottle’s side. One drop should fall out at a time. You want three drops of clary sage essential oil to fall into the water.
- Using a whisk or a spoon, gently stir together the water and the clary sage essential oil for 20 seconds.
- Drink the water and clary sage essential oil mixture. Do this once each day.
The Massage Oil Method for Relief from Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Twist off a carrier oil bottle’s cap. For this method, it’s important to select a carrier oil that spreads easily on the skin and has a non-sticky consistency. Olive oil works very well for this application.
- Into a measuring glass that has a spout, pour one cup of carrier oil. Return the carrier oil bottle’s cap and set the bottle aside. Pour the carrier oil that’s inside of the measuring cup into a small bowl.
- Unscrew a clary sage essential oil bottle’s lid. Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle and flip it upside-down so that the bottle’s mouth is about two inches away from the carrier oil inside of the bowl.
- Vigorously shake the clary sage essential oil bottle so that around 20 drops fall into the carrier oil.
- Use a whisk to stir the two oils together for about 35 seconds.
- Place a small washcloth into the bowl that contains the two oils. Allow it to sit inside of the bowl for about 15 seconds so that it becomes fully saturated.
- After 15 seconds, pick up the washcloth and give it a quick squeeze to remove any excess oil.
- After laying down in a comfortable position, place the oil-soaked washcloth on your lower abdomen. Allow the washcloth to remain there for at least 20 minutes. You can do this several times each day to treat menstrual cramps.
4. Use Aromatherapy to Balance Your Hormones
Speaking of periods, clary sage essential oil can also balance out the sex hormones by regulating estrogen levels. Sclareol, a chemical compound in clary sage oil, is a phytoestrogen, meaning that it mimics the effects of estrogen when consumed (source). Those who have an estrogen deficiency, such as women who are experiencing menopause, can use clary sage oil to boost their estrogen levels (source).
An estrogen deficiency can cause numerous problems including hot flashes, low libido, vaginal atrophy, osteoporosis and mood changes. The symptoms associated with menopause are the result of a sudden reduction of estrogen levels within the body. By mimicking estrogen, clary sage essential oil can counteract these troublesome symptoms and greatly increase a woman’s quality of life (source).
The Daily Inhalation Method for Hormonal Balance
- After removing its lid, hold your oil diffuser in one hand beneath the faucet of your sink. If you do not possess an oil diffuser, you can easily purchase one online.
- With your oil diffuser in one hand, turn on your sink’s faucet and fill the tank of the diffuser with water up to the maximum fill line.
- Bring the oil diffuser into a room that you will be occupying for at least one hour. Set the diffuser down on a surface like a table or a counter.
- Unscrew a clary sage essential oil’s cap and put the cap down somewhere that is close by. Holding the clary sage essential oil bottle in your hand, position it right above the surface of the water that’s inside of the tank of the oil diffuser. Then, flip the clary sage essential oil bottle upside-down, positioning its spout about one inch above the water.
- With your index finger, tap the top of the clary sage essentail oil bottle a few times so that five drops fall out of the bottle and into the tank of the oil diffuser.
- Tightly screw the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap back on and set it aside. Return the lid to the oil diffuser.
- Push the power button of the oil diffuser to turn it on. Instantly, you should smell clary sage essential oil and see a stream of vapor coming out of the oil diffuser.
- Take deep breaths while the room becomes filled with scented vapor. Do this for at least one hour each day.
The Massage Oil Method for Treating Menopause Symptoms
- Purchase a plastic 20oz squeeze bottle that has a twist-off cap. After removing the bottle’s cap, rinse it out a couple of times with hot water.
- Position a small funnel into the opening of the 20oz squeeze bottle.
- Take the cap off of a bottle of carrier oil. For this application, select a carrier oil that has a thin consistency. Examples include sweet almond oil and olive oil.
- Pick up the bottle of carrier oil and tilt it so that its mouth is facing the funnel. Fill the 20oz squeeze bottle with carrier oil and place the bottle of carrier oil down.
- Remove the funnel from the mouth of the squeeze bottle.
- Twist off the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and hold the clary sage oil bottle in one hand.
- With your wrist, flip the clary sage essential oil bottle vertically and hold it right above the squeeze bottle’s mouth.
- Shake the clary sage essential oil bottle up and down to release about 40 drops of oil into the carrier oil that’s inside of the squeeze bottle.
- After putting the clary sage oil bottle’s cap back on, tightly screw the cap back onto the 20oz squeeze bottle.
- Pick up the squeeze bottle and shake it for 50 seconds to ensure that the two oils are well-mixed.
- Each day, pour about one tablespoon of this oil mixture into the palm of your hand. Then, rub both of your palms together. Massage the clary sage oil mixture into the skin of your lower abdomen for 60 seconds.
5. Reduce Stress and Anxiety as Effectively as Prescription Drugs without the Side Effects
There’s no doubt that we live in a high-pressure society that is conducive to tremendous stress. In fact, studies have shown that Americans are generally much more stressed out than they were just 30 years ago (source).
While our society tends to normalize stress, the reality is that high stress levels are unnatural as well as unhealthy. Many studies have proven that constantly high levels of stress are very dangerous for a person’s health, causing everything from heart attacks to chronic pain (source).
Many people believe that stress and anxiety are the same thing. However, they are incredibly different. While stress is caused by specific triggers that increase cortisol levels in the body, anxiety is a psychological disorder that causes a person to feel generally insecure and unsafe in the world. Those who suffer from anxiety tend to avoid specific circumstances that can trigger an anxiety attack. An anxiety attack occurs when a person’s “fight or flight” response kicks in and causes the person to experience a variety of symptoms including a racing heart, racing thoughts, heightened awareness and a general feeling of intense panic.
Whether a person is experiencing chronic stress or has clinical anxiety, the effects that these feelings have on the body and the mind are the same. Both of these emotions trigger the secretion of specific hormones from the brain that dramatically affect the central nervous system, the muscles, the endocrine system, the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system. A person who is chronically stressed or anxious can develop long-term symptoms because of the constant flow of these hormones.
The hormone that is released when a person is stressed out or anxious is called cortisol. The brain secretes cortisol when it senses danger. This results in an increase of blood sugar levels as the brain tells the body that it requires excessive energy in order to protect itself. For this reason, consistently high levels of cortisol can lead to a host of health problems (source).
Amazingly, the inhalation of clary sage oil can lower cortisol levels naturally. One study tested this out on menopausal women. According to this study, those who inhale clary sage essential oil will likely experience a dramatic drop in cortisol levels. As a result, stress and anxiety will decrease and the body will be much more healthy (source).
The Oil Diffuser Method for a Calm and Peaceful Mind
- Take off the lid of your oil diffuser’s tank. If you do not own an oil diffuser, you can find one for an affordable price online.
- Pick up the oil diffuser in your hand and place it directly beneath the faucet of your sink. Then, turn the faucet to fill the tank with water. Make sure that you stop filling the tank when it reaches the maximum fill line.
- After removing your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap, pick it up with one hand and hold it upside-down an inch or so above the water inside of the tank. Then, carefully shake the clary sage essential oil bottle so that five or six drops fall into the tank.
- Screw the cap back onto the clary sage essential oil bottle and put the bottle aside.
- Snap the lid of the oil diffuser back into place.
- Pick up the oil diffuser and bring it into a room in which you will be for about an hour. Put the oil diffuser down on a surface such as a table.
- Plug the oil diffuser into an outlet.
- Turn the diffuser on by pushing its power button. Right away, scented vapor should flow out of the oil diffuser.
- Stay in the room with the oil diffuser for as long as possible. As the oil diffuser emits vapor, try to take slow, deep breaths. Do this daily.
The Quick Inhalation Method for Stopping a Panic Attack Instantly
- Unscrew your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and put it down somewhere nearby.
- Holding the clary sage essential oil bottle in one hand, bring it up to your nose. Position its spout right below one nostril.
- While holding the clary sage essential oil bottle below your nostril, take long, deep breaths through your nose. Do this until you feel the symptoms of a panic attack dissipate. You can do this several times each day.
6. Treat Leukemia Safely, Effectively and Naturally
Leukemia, or cancer of the blood, claims one life every nine minutes (source). The most popular treatments for more aggressive stages of leukemia include chemotherapy and radiation. The success rate of these common treatments is fairly high. However, awful side effects are very common such as severe weight loss, hair loss, loss of appetite and anemia (source).
It’s safe to assume that most people would prefer to turn to a natural treatment for leukemia that does not come with a variety of severe side effects. One study demonstrated clary sage essential oil’s potential effectiveness as a treatment for leukemia. Although the study states that further testing needs to be done, it did report that clary sage oil managed to inhibit the growth of leukemia cancer cells because of sclareol, one of the oil’s leading chemical compounds (source).
The Oral ingestion Method for Fighting Cancer
- Fill a drinking glass that can hold eight ounces of liquid to the top with water. You can use filtered water or tap water from your sink.
- Twist off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s lid and pick it up in one hand. Move the bottle so that it is right above the drinking glass. Then, flip it vertically, making sure that its mouth is right on top of the water inside of the drinking glass.
- Tap the clary sage essential oil bottle with one finger, counting as three drops fall into the drinking glass.
- Use a tall spoon to stir the clary sage essential oil into the water. Stir for about 15 seconds.
- Drink the clary sage essential oil and water mixture in its entirety. Do this once each day.
- ESSENTIAL AROMATHERAPY - Clove is warming, soothing and comforting with a warm, pungent scent that...
7. Promote Hair Growth by Removing Excess Sebum from the Scalp
The loss of one’s hair has a dramatic effect on their appearance. For this reason, the hair care industry earns billions of dollars each years thanks to products that promise to keep hair healthy and free of damage. Sadly, many of these products can make hair loss worse because they are loaded with synthetic fragrances that are known to cause scalp irritation.
Interestingly, hair loss can often be a hormonal issue. Our hormones control the secretion of an oil called sebum that is released from the pores in order to lubricate the skin and hair, keeping them clean, moisturized and healthy. When our hormones are out of balance, however, sebum production increases. This excessive level of sebum is the cause of hormonal acne (source).
Too much sebum production also contributes to hair loss. A healthy amount of sebum can keep hair soft and silky. However, when the pores on the scalp produce too much of this natural oil, the skin on the scalp becomes clogged as the sebum mixes with dead skin cells. As a result, hair follicles become very congested and new hair cannot grow from them any longer.
Clary sage essential oil can prevent hair loss in a variety of ways. The oil has been known to naturally balance out levels of sebum within the pores and on the skin when applied topically. Additionally, clary sage essential oil boasts hormone-balancing abilities, keeping sebum production in check by regulating its secretion (source).
Clary sage essential oil also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, giving it the ability to kill skin infections on the scalp that can also cause the production of hair to cease. By spreading the oil on the skin of the scalp, it will kill these infections and allow the scalp to be healthy once again (source).
The Quick Shampoo Method for a Healthy Scalp
- Twist off the cap of a new shampoo bottle. If you can, use a shampoo that does not contain sulfates or synthetic fragrances as these ingredients can cause scalp damage.
- Take off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and pick the bottle up in your hand. Hold it upside-down directly above your shampoo bottle’s mouth.
- Shake the clary sage essential oil bottle up and down, counting as 30 drops fall into the shampoo bottle.
- Screw the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap back on and set it aside.
- Tightly place the shampoo bottle’s cap back on by twisting it into place. Shake the shampoo bottle for one minute to make sure that the clary sage essential oil is well-incorporated.
- Once each day, use this oil-infused shampoo according to its directions on the bottle.
The Massage Oil Method for Incredible Hair Growth
- After removing its cap, thoroughly rinse the inside of a plastic 20oz squeeze bottle with hot water.
- Remove the lid from a bottle of carrier oil. For this method, pick out a carrier oil that does not have a sticky consistency. Jojoba oil and sweet almond oil work very well.
- After positioning a funnel inside of the squeeze bottle’s mouth, pick up the carrier oil bottle and tilt It so that its mouth is facing the funnel. Fill the squeeze bottle to the top with the carrier oil.
- Put the carrier oil bottle down and place its lid back on.
- Take off the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap with a twisting motion. Place the cap aside. Pick up the clary sage oil bottle and angle it so that its top is leaning toward the funnel.
- With the palm of your free hand, lightly hit the base of the clary sage essential oil bottle so that drops of oil fall out individually. Pour 30 drops of clary sage essential oil into the squeeze bottle.
- Put the clary sage essential oil bottle down and tightly twist the cap back onto the squeeze bottle.
- Pick up the squeeze bottle and shake it with vigor for one minute. This will ensure that the two oils are mixed.
- Once every three days, pour about two tablespoons of this oil mixture into your palm. Then, rub your hands together and massage the oil mixture into the scalp as well as your hair. After 20 minutes, rinse the oil mixture out and shampoo.
8. Lower Blood Pressure to Maintain Good Cardiovascular Health
High blood pressure affects almost 30 percent of American adults. Considering the unhealthy lifestyle habits that are so normalized in our society, it’s no surprise that this dangerous condition is so prevalent. High blood pressure can be caused by poor diet, smoking, excessive alcohol intake and stress. It can lead to heart disease and a variety of other problems (source).
A tremendous number of adults rely on blood pressure medications that have been prescribed by their doctor. These medications are taken daily to manage blood pressure levels. However, taking these drugs long-term has been linked to an increased risk of stroke as well as other health problems (source).
Fascinatingly, a clinical study proved that clary sage essential oil can lower a person’s blood pressure without the side effects associated with prescription blood pressure medications. For one thing, the oil reduces cortisol levels that are associated with stress. The oil also increases blood flow and opens up the blood vessels, greatly improving overall circulatory health (source).
The Daily Ingestion Method for a Healthy Heart
- Place a bottle of clary sage essential oil and a drinking glass that can hold eight ounces of liquid on your kitchen counter.
- Pick up the drinking glass and hold it beneath your sink’s faucet. Turn the faucet to fill the glass with water. Or, you can fill the glass with filtered water.
- Return the drinking glass to the counter.
- Unscrew the cap of your clary sage essential oil bottle and put the cap down somewhere nearby. Pick up the clary sage essential oil bottle and tilt it, placing its mouth against the inner rim of the drinking glass.
- Gently tap the clary sage essential oil bottle’s side with your index or middle finger so that one drop falls out at a time. Pour three drops of clary sage essential oil into the water.
- Use a whisk or a spoon to gently mix the clary sage essential oil into the water with a stirring motion. Stir the two ingredients together for 20 seconds.
- Drink the clary sage essential oil and water mixture. Do this once daily.
9. Improve Digestion by Stimulating the Production of Enzymes
In today’s society, digestive ailments like chronic indigestion are extremely common. Indigestion is the result of food that is not being properly broken down in order to easily pass through the digestive tract. Our ancestors ate foods that were full of enzymes. These enzymes eat away at the food as we digest it, allowing it to be broken down more quickly so that it moves through our bodies at a faster rate. However, our modern diet is seriously lacking in enzymes. As a result, food takes much longer to pass through our digestive system and often causes pain and discomfort along the way.
Our bodies naturally produce enzymes that are secreted through our saliva. However, for foods that are especially difficult to digest such as gluten and meat cooked to high temperatures, our digestive systems need a little boost.
Clary sage essential oil can treat indigestion by stimulating the secretion of these enzyme-rich digestive juices. By using clary sage essential oil after each meal, you can trigger the digestive system to increase its production of the juices required to break food down properly and thoroughly, allowing it to pass through the digestive tract without causing pain (source).
The Oral Tonic Method for a Calm Tummy
- Pick up a measuring cup that can contain one cup of liquid. Hold it under the faucet of your sink. Turn the faucet to fill the cup with water.
- Pour the contents of the measuring cup into a drinking glass.
- Unscrew your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and place it aside. Pick up the bottle and flip it vertically. Then, position the essential oil bottle right above the water in the drinking glass.
- With a gentle up-and-down motion, shake the clary sage essential oil bottle to release three drops of oil into the water.
- Put the clary sage essential oil bottle down. Stir the water and clary sage essential oil together with a spoon or a whisk for 15 seconds.
- Drink this mixture in its entirety. Do this after each meal to avoid indigestion.
10. Say Goodbye to Painful Gas and Bloating After Consuming Meals
There’s nothing funny about painful gas and bloating. Gas pain can become so severe that a person struggles to sit up straight and perform everyday tasks. When there is an excessive amount of gas along the digestive tract, it can even push against the lungs and the heart, causing scary chest pains and heart palpitations that mimic the symptoms of a heart attack.
Our high-fat and high-sugar diet is conducive to excessive amounts of gas. Fortunately, a variety of essential oils have carminative properties, meaning that they help the body expel gas quickly to reduce pain, discomfort and bloating. Needless to say, clary sage essential oil in particular can effectively eliminate gas, providing fast relief for sufferers (source).
The Daily Ingestion Method for Relieving Gas and Bloating
- Fill a drinking glass to the top with either filtered or tap water.
- Pour three drops of clary sage essential oil into the water. To do this, remove the bottle’s cap and hold it upside-down above the mouth of the glass. Then, gently tap the bottle’s side to release one drop at a time.
- Stir together the water and the clary sage essential oil with a spoon or a whisk for 15 seconds.
- After each meal, drink this mixture to prevent gas and bloating.
11. Treat Antibacterial Infections without Risky Antibiotic Drugs
Bacterial infections of all kinds can cause a person to become severely ill. When a person has a bacterial infection, they are often prescribed antibiotics by their doctor. Unfortunately, antibiotics can cause serious digestive problems because these drugs kill the healthy bacteria that exists inside of the intestines. This healthy bacteria helps with the breaking down of food. Overuse of antibiotics can lead to a dysfunctional digestive system (source).
Clary sage essential oil has strong antibacterial properties within its chemical composition. The oil has been thoroughly studied for its antibacterial properties. In one study, clary sage essential oil managed to kill a bacteria called staphylococci that is responsible for what is known as a staph infection. This type of infection can lead to death if left untreated as it spreads quickly throughout the body (source).
Another study proved clary sage essential oil’s ability to kill a wide array of bacteria by testing the oil out on mice. The study concluded that clary sage essential oil can act as a medicine for treating bacterial infections (source).
The Oral Method for Internal Infections
- Into a drinking glass that can hold 12 ounces of liquid, squeeze the juice out of one lemon.
- Into a tablespoon, pour pure, raw honey. Then, pour the tablespoon of honey into the drinking glass.
- Remove the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap. Hold the bottle upside-down above the drinking glass and shake it gently so that three drops of clary sage essential oil fall into the glass.
- Pick up the drinking glass and hold it beneath a faucet. Turn the faucet to fill the glass to the top with water. You may choose to use filtered water instead.
- Use a fork to stir together the honey, lemon juice, clary sage essential oil and water for 30 seconds.
- Drink the contents of the glass. Do this twice each day until the bacterial infection is gone.
The Inhalation Method for Treating Respiratory Infections
- Close the doors and windows of your bathroom. Make sure that your exhaust fan is turned off.
- Turn the faucet of your bathtub in order to fill the tub with very warm water. As the water begins to fill the tub, you should see steam emerging from its surface.
- As the water is filling the tub, twist off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap and hold it at an angle, positioning its spout against the running water. Shake the clary sage essential oil bottle until about 30 drops fall into the water. Instantly, you should be able to smell the oil’s aroma.
- Once the tub is completely filled with water, turn the faucet off and sit in the tub for at least 30 minutes, taking deep breaths through your nose.
12. Treat Clinical Depression without Relying on Dangerous Antidepressants
Clinical depression, characterized by feeling of hopelessness, social withdrawal and lack of appetite, affects an astounding 350 million people worldwide. Clinical depression is a dangerous mood disorder because it can cause a person to engage in self-destructive behavior in an attempt to alleviate the emotional turmoil that they experience each day. People who have clinical depression are at a much higher risk of developing an addiction to drugs, engaging in self-harm and committing suicide (source).
In many cases, clinical depression is the result of a chemical imbalance within the brain. To correct this imbalance, many people who suffer from clinical depression take prescription antidepressant drugs like SSRIs. These drugs work by altering the chemical makeup of the brain. These drugs, however, are notorious for their side effects and personality-altering capabilities. Plus, many people who suffer from depression find that certain antidepressants that they are prescribed make their symptoms worse, putting them at a high risk of suicide and other self-destructive behaviors.
It’s best to treat clinical depression naturally and safely. Clary sage essential oil can treat depression effectively and without the side effects and risks associated with prescription antidepressant medications. One study analyzed the chemical composition of clary sage essential oil in order to better understand how this oil treats clinical depression so effectively. According to the study, clary sage oil should be used to treat clinical depression whenever possible. Additionally, the study stated that clary sage essential oil has the most potent antidepressant properties among all other essential oils that are commonly used to treat depression (source).
Clary sage essential oil treats depression by protecting serotonin and dopamine levels from being depleted by neurological stressors. Serotonin and dopamine are two hormones that are responsible for feelings of happiness, satisfaction, energy and cognitive function. Clinical depression is often the result of a depletion of these hormones. By using clary sage essential oil therapeutically, a person who suffers from clinical depression can maintain proper levels of these crucial hormones in order to find relief from their symptoms.
The Oil Diffuser Method for Getting Rid of the Blues
- Take off the lid of your oil diffuser and place it somewhere that is close by.
- Fill the tank of the oil diffuser with water by holding it below your faucet and turning the faucet on. Do not fill the tank beyond its maximum fill line.
- After removing its bottle’s cap, pour about five drops of clary sage essential oil into the tank of the oil diffuser by shaking the bottle lightly while its tilted on its side.
- Put the lid back onto the tank of the oil diffuser. Bring the diffuser into a comfortable room like a living room or bedroom.
- Plug the oil diffuser into an outlet.
- Turn the oil diffuser on and sit or lay down in a comfortable position while the diffuser emits scented vapor throughout the room. Stay in the room for at least one hour while the diffuser fills the room with clary sage essential oil.
13. Treat Dangerous Fungal Infections in a Totally Natural Way
Candida is a type of yeast that can infect the body and lead to a dangerous fungal infection. Often affecting the vagina and the intestines, this yeast is sustained by the sugar intake of the sufferer. Because sugar is in so many of the foods that we consume, eradicating this yeast is incredibly difficult.
One study showed that clary sage essential oil is incredibly effective when it comes to ridding the body of Candida. The oil’s anti-fungal properties allow it to kill fungal infections quickly (source).
Clary sage essential oil’s anti-fungal properties also give it the ability to eliminate fungal infections that exist on the skin. Conditions like athlete’s foot and toenail fungus can be treated by applying clary sage essential oil topically to the affected area.
The Easy Ingestion Method for Killing Candida
- Fill a measuring glass with one half of a cup of apple cider vinegar. Then, pour the half of a cup of apple cider vinegar into a drinking glass.
- Twist off your clary sage essential oil bottle’s lid and hold it at an angle above the drinking glass so that its spout is facing the apple cider vinegar. Hit the side of the clary sage essential oil bottle lightly with your finger so that four drops of oil fall into the apple cider vinegar.
- Use a spoon to stir the apple cider vinegar and the clary sage essential oil together. Stir this mixture for 20 seconds.
- Quickly gulp down the clary sage essential oil and apple cider vinegar mixture. Do this twice each day to get rid of an internal fungal infection.
- 100% CERTIFIED PURE CALMING OIL: Clary Sage has an earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is nutty and...
The Topical Application Method for Fungal Infections on the Skin
- Purchase a clean and empty 10oz plastic spray bottle. Rinse the inside of the bottle thoroughly with hot water.
- Place a funnel into the spray bottle’s mouth.
- Twist off the cap of a bottle of apple cider vinegar. Then, pick up the vinegar bottle and tilt it so that its mouth is resting against the funnel. Fill the spray bottle to the top with the apple cider vinegar and place the vinegar bottle aside.
- Take off the clary sage essential oil bottle’s cap with a twisting motion. Place the cap aside.
- Hold the clary sage essential oil bottle upside-down directly above the funnel. Then, shake the clary sage essential oil bottle vigorously so that 25 drops of oil fall through the funnel and into the spray bottle.
- Tightly screw the spray nozzle back onto the bottle. Pick up the spray bottle and shake it for 40 seconds to ensure that the two ingredients are well-combined.
- Spray this mixture directly onto the affected area twice each day until the fungal infection has cleared up.
Clary Sage Essential Oil FAQ
What is Clary Sage Essential Oil?
Clary sage essential oil comes from clary sage, an herbaceous perennial that is native to specific regions in Asia and Africa. The plant belongs to the genus Salvia. Clary sage essential oil has been used since the 4th century for its medicinal properties (source).
What are the Uses of Clary Sage Essential Oil?
Clary sage essential oil has many uses thanks to its variety of chemical compounds. The oil is most often associated with treating problems related to female sex hormones such as painful or irregular menstruation, estrogen deficiency and even hair loss caused by hormonal imbalance.
Clary sage essential oil has also been heavily studied for its ability to alleviate the symptoms of mood disorders including anxiety and depression. When inhaled, the oil acts as both a sedative and an antidepressant.
Additionally, clary sage essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-fungal, antibacterial, carminative and antiseptic properties. Therefore, it can treat a wide variety of illnesses and infections.
What is the Composition of Clary Essential Oil?
The main chemical compounds in clary sage essential oil are linalool, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene, a-terpineol, geraniol, neryl acetate, sclareol and germacrene D.
How is Clary Sage Essential Oil Made?
Clary sage essential oil is extracted by steam distillation. The leaves and flowers of the clary sage plant are dried for a considerable amount of time. Then, they are subjected to high-pressure steam. This steam is pushed through the leaves and flowers and collected. The collected steam is separated into water and essential oil.
Does Clary Sage Essential Oil Work?
Numerous scientific and clinical studies confirm that clary sage essential oil effectively treats many different health ailments. Its medicinal properties are numerous and well-researched.
How is Clary Sage Essential Oil Taken?
Clary sage essential oil is sometimes used to treat depressed or anxious children. Because of its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, clary sage essential oil can also eradicate a variety of internal health conditions. As an antiseptic, clary sage essential oil can clean cuts and scrapes and prevent infection.
Many females use clary sage essential oil to alleviate a variety of symptoms associated with menstruation and menopause. Clary sage essential oil can balance the female sex hormones, regulate the menstrual cycle and treat painful menstrual cramps.
Clary sage essential oil is also used to treat a variety of mood disorders. When inhaled, clary sage essential oil has been proven to treat anxiety and depression.
Clary sage oil can eliminate various infections throughout the body because of its numerous medicinal properties. Additionally, the oil can treat infections on the skin. It is also used to stimulate hair growth, promote healthy digestion and lower blood pressure.
Is Clary Sage Essential Oil Safe?
Clary sage is likely safe when ingested in small amounts, applied to the skin and inhaled (source).
What are the Side Effects of Clary Sage Essential Oil?
Amazingly, there are no known side effects of using clary sage essential oil. It can safely be ingested, applied topically to the skin and inhaled. However, like all essential oils, clary sage essential oil should never be ingested in large quantities.
There are no known interactions between clary sage essential oil and other medications.
It is likely safe for pregnant women to use clary sage essential oil.
Clary sage essential oil is safe for children.
Ingesting Tea Tree Essential Oil
It is safe to ingest clary sage essential oil in small quantities.
Facts About Clary Sage Essential Oil
Botanical name: Salvia sclarea
Common method of extraction: steam distillation
Plant part typically used: leaves and flowers
Color: pale yellow
Strength of aroma: medium
Aromatic scent: sweet, herbaceous
Blends well with: lavender, sandalwood, frankincense
Where Can I Buy Clary Sage Essential Oil?
It is very easy to find clary sage essential oil that is available for purchase online. You may also find clary sage essential oil in specialty shops and some grocery stores.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Benefits Infographic
Clary sage essential oil is an incredibly effective medicine for so many common issues. The oil can treat both mood disorders and physical ailments without any side effects. Especially useful for women, this essential oil belongs in every household because of its tremendous amount of health benefits.
Do you like to use clary sage essential oil? Let us know why in the comments section below. Share this article with your friends who are interested in essential oils!