doTERRA is well known for its vast collection of certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils. If you are already a user, you know the possibilities are endless. So which doTERRA oils should you use to improve energy, focus, and concentration?
Fortunately, you have a number of options. In this article, we’ll outline the best doTERRA singles and blends to give your brain and body a boost throughout the day.
doTERRA Essential Oils to Increase Energy
When you lack energy you lose stamina, leaving you in a dreary state of tiredness. If you don’t get enough sleep at night, or if you are suffering from an illness or disorder, it can be a major drain on your day.
Whether it’s spending 10 hours at an office or tending to your children at home, energy deficiencies make coping with life demands quite challenging.
Moreover, low energy can spawn other problems, such as poor focus, decreased motivation, and short-term memory loss. So how do you fight the fatigue? You could drink a Red Bull, pop some NoDoz, and consume 6 Cokes each day. Or… you could try a natural remedy like doTERRA essential oils to give you those much-needed energy boosts.
So, which doTERRA products work the best?
First, the company has two signature blends that can help with fatigue:
- Elevation: As the name seems to indicate, Elevation combines a number of euphoric aromas to boost your mood, confidence, and energy. Its unique blend of uplifting scents craft a recipe of fatigue-fighting wonder. The blend contains lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood, lemon, tangerine, elemi, and melissa.
- Citrus Bliss: Citrus oils are a class of oils that can have a major impact on energy. Combining an assortment of citrus oils, this blend provides a potent, energy-enhancing aura. The blend contains lemon, wild orange, mandarin, bergamot, grapefruit, tangerine, and clementine.
Proprietary essential oil blends aren’t the only way to achieve targeted energy benefits. There are several oils on their own that can invigorate your mind and body.
One of those oils is peppermint. Its potent scent helps raise energy levels and encourage mental clarity. If you’re trying to scale back on caffeine, peppermint is an excellent natural solution.
Another powerful single oil is wild orange. As we’ve noted, citrus oils can greatly boost energy. The powerful aromatic compounds in orange activate the olfactory cells that communicate with your brain. This in turn helps the body to respond to low energy levels.
Need an instant afternoon pick-me-up? Here’s a trick:
- Add 2 drops of wild orange to the palm of one hand
- Add 2 drops of peppermint to the same palm
- Rub your hands together to allow the oils to sink into the skin
- Place one hand flat, facing your mouth
- Make a fist with your other hand and place the bottom of your fist on your other palm
- Position your mouth to the top of your fist and quickly suck in deeply
- Inhale the aroma straight through your fist
- Experience an instant energy high!
doTERRA Products to Improve Concentration & Focus
Whether its ADHD or a more tame form of inattention, doTERRA essential oils can have a positive impact on focus and concentration. Work, school, home life, etc. At some point, we all suffer from those occasional “brain dead” feelings.
Inattention can arise in a variety of forms. In a lot of cases it can be a lack of sleep. If that’s the case, use the oils listed above (peppermint, orange, Elevation, etc.) and then try something like vetiver, lavender, or Serenity to improve your slumber. These oils can also help with stress and mood swings, which can also decrease concentration and focus.
Other forms of inattention can result from over-stimulation of the mind. The most common “remedy” for this is for doctors to prescribe medications. Of course, like most drugs they come with a plethora of side effects. Not to mention, they can be quite addictive. After all, such medications alter your dopamine levels, a brain chemical called a neurotransmitter. In short, you’re injecting chemicals straight into your brain.
New studies on the subject indicate that stimulants used to treat ADHD can potentially cause health problems later in life. Blood pressure and heart problems are the main targets, as that is what these stimulants do – increase blood pressure and heart rate. New data about the effects of extended use has fueled the debate.
A big reason to pursue a natural alternative like doTERRA essential oils.
So first, here are the best single oils for increasing your focus:
- Lavender: Oftentimes referred to as the “cure-all” oil, lavender calms the mind, boosts mood, and generates euphoric feelings.
- Patchouli: Containing properties of sesquiterpenes, patchouli is a natural sedative that calms the mind and body.
- Vetiver: This is one of the most powerful “sedative” oils, a prime reason why people use it for insomnia – as it de-stimulates the mind.
- Ylang ylang: Similar to oils like lavender, ylang ylang’s floral scent balances emotions while working as a sedative.
- Chamomile: This oil helps tame emotions that can cause inattention. Fun fact: Long ago, Roman soldiers used Roman Chamomile to promote courage during battle.
And now… the best doTERRA blend for improving concentration:
- InTune: This proprietary doTERRA blend has an earthy aroma that helps enhance and sustain focus. It’s strategically crafted blend of oils work together to help you pay attention and stay on task. The blend includes frankincense, patchouli, amyris bark, ylang ylang, lime, sandalwood, and chamomile.