Do you often suffer from stomach aches, diarrhea, or maybe that occasional tummy ache? I’m sure you’ve already tried out Tums, Pepto, and any other OTC remedy you can think of. But have you tried a 100% natural home remedy like essential oils?
Have an upset stomach? Essential oils are convenient and simple to use for treating a range of stomach issues. They work by penetrating the skin and circulating throughout your body. They can be applied on a number of areas of the body, and the effects can be realized in only a matter of minutes. Often antiviral and antibacterial, essential oils can address a variety of health issues.
Using Peppermint oil
First on the docket, Peppermint is one of the top oils to use when dealing with stomach pain and aches. Benefits of Peppermint oil include everything from:
- Works as a pain reliever
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Eases stomach cramps and aches
Peppermint has a potent impact for a variety of symptoms of an upset stomach, including relieving inflammation in the GI tract and helping indigestion by easing your stomach muscles.
This popular, multi-purpose oil has been used for centuries, including by the ancient Romans and Greeks. And there have been a number of studies that have addressed the efficacy of Peppermint on pain management and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- REFRESH, INVIGORATE, REVITALIZE: Used for centuries for its revitalizing properties, peppermint...
For instance, the American College of Gastroenterology discovered that a mere 26 percent of IBS patients who were treated with peppermint capsules continued their symptoms, following the treatment. Meanwhile, 60 percent of patients who were given the placebo continued their symptoms of IBS. That’s quite the difference.
Oftentimes it’s important to take a look at your diet and see if there are certain foods that may be causing your stomach aches and pains. But if you’ve already tried everything in that area, or if you’re tired of suffering from that occasional bug, it may be time to try out one of those good old natural remedies.
How to use Peppermint for stomach issues
- Majestic Pure Peppermint Essential Oil - Pure and natural peppermint oil; non-toxic, no additives,...
Peppermint is one of the oldest and most regarded plants for addressing digestion. It’s been used for centuries and it is a popular alternative medicine option used today. There are a number of methods to use when treating an upset stomach with Peppermint essential oil:
- Inhale oil to ease nausea.
- Run through a diffuser to curb nausea (something traditional).
- Massage a couple drops to the stomach to relieve pain. Depending on the quality of the oil, you may need to dilute with a carrier to prevent skin irritation.
- Put a drop or two in a glass of water and drink.
- Make a pill capsule with oil so ingredients reach your colon.
Through certain applications – namely, in pill form – peppermint oil can pass through the stomach and dissolve into the intestines. This provides a host of benefits. As reported by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, several studies indicate that peppermint essential oil capsules can help resolve symptoms of IBS such as gas, bloating, and abdominal pain.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Peppermint on the market, in our opinion. If you are not...