No pantry is complete without a jar of cinnamon. This spice adds plenty of flavor to countless sweet and savory dishes. In addition to its warm and spicy taste, cinnamon possesses an enormous array of health benefits. Cinnamon essential oil is the concentrated oil of cinnamon. This high concentration allows you to enjoy the spice’s many healing properties with just a couple of drops. Between its potent antibacterial properties, its ability to boost the health of the digestive system and its insecticidal properties, cinnamon essential oil is a remarkably useful product that is extremely safe and easy to use.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon Essential Oil
1. Kill Bacteria Instantly and Naturally
How many times have you taken antibiotics in your life? A recent report has shown that the amount of antibiotics prescribed by doctors has doubled over the last decade. The report also states that a large percentage of the antibiotics prescribed each year are unnecessary (source).
For example, a large number of ill patients receive antibiotics when they are experiencing symptoms of a virus. As a virus is not a bacterial infection, the antibiotics will not actually treat the illness.
The problem with taking antibiotics too frequently is that it can lead to serious health issues. These powerful drugs destroy bacteria that exists along the digestive tract. The problem is that the gut contains “good” bacteria that helps maintain the balance of flora in the intestines. When this bacteria is destroyed, it can lead to serious and chronic digestive disorders (source).
Plus, overuse of antibiotics often leads to a resistance to the drug. In other words, after a while, they won’t work anymore. The medical world is only just beginning to understand how serious antibiotic resistance is (source).
If you want to kill a bacterial infection without harming your gut health or building a resistance to drugs, you can turn to cinnamon essential oil. For thousands of years, cinnamon oil has been recognized for its powerful antibacterial activity. In one study, researchers found that cinnamon essential oil is capable of destroying Listeria in pasteurized milk. Listeria is an incredibly dangerous bacterial infection that is notoriously difficult to treat with popular antibiotic drugs (source).
Another study found that cinnamon essential oil can kill Salmonella, MRSA and E. coli. Because of the chemical composition of cinnamon, the oil possesses extremely potent antibacterial activity (source).
In another study, researchers determined that cinnamon oil can act as a preservative for food and cosmetic products. The study also determined that the oil’s antibacterial activity can prevent dangerous bacteria from growing on household surfaces (source).
A little bit of cinnamon essential goes a long way when it comes to destroying bacteria. One study found that, compared to twenty other essential oils, a dose of cinnamon oil can most successfully destroy six bacteria strains (source).
The Bacteria-Busting Ingestion Method for Internal Infections
- Fill a medium-sized drinking glass with about eight ounces of water. Depending on your preference, you may use either tap water or filtered water.
- Unscrew the cap off of a bottle of cinnamon essential oil using a twisting motion. Place the cap to the side.
- Pick up the bottle of cinnamon essential oil in one hand and tilt the bottle so that its spout is leaning over the mouth of the drinking glass.
- With your finger, gently tap the side of the cinnamon oil bottle. Count as two drops fall into the water.
- With a spoon, stir the oil and water together for about fifteen seconds.
- Drink the entire mixture of cinnamon oil and water. Try to finish it within one minute. You may do this once each day after consuming food.
The Easy Topical Application Method for Skin
- Remove the cap of your cinnamon essential oil bottle by twisting it. Place the cap somewhere nearby.
- Pick up a cotton swab in one hand. Pick up the bottle of essential oil in the other hand.
- Place the bulbous section of the cotton swab against the spout of the cinnamon essential oil bottle. With the swab placed firmly against the spout, flip the bottle of oil upside-down. Then, lightly tap on the side of the essential oil bottle with one finger. Quickly, a couple of drops of cinnamon essential oil should absorb into the cotton.
- Place the essential oil bottle down. Then, lightly dab the oil-soaked cotton swab onto the affected area. Do this until the affected area is wet with oil. You may do this three times each day until the bacterial infection clears up.
The Inhalation Method for Respiratory Infections
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water. To do this, simply hold the saucepan under your kitchen skin’s faucet. Turn the faucet on and allow the water to pour into the pan until half of the pan is filled with water.
- Put the saucepan on one of the burners of your stove.
- Unscrew the lid off of your cinnamon essential oil bottle. Place the lid somewhere nearby.
- Pick up the cinnamon essential oil bottle in one hand. Then, tilt the bottle, positioning its spout above the water in the saucepan.
- With your index finger, gently tap the oil bottle’s side. Allow about seven or eight drops of cinnamon oil to fall into the water.
- Place the cinnamon oil bottle down and return its lid.
- Turn the stove’s burner on high. Within about five minutes, the water should be boiling and you should see billows of steam emerging from the surface of the water. Once you see the steam, position your face about two feet above the pan. As your head becomes surrounded by cinnamon-scented steam, take long, deep breaths. Do this for ten minutes. You may use this method twice each day until the bacterial infection has cleared up.
2. Treat Dangerous Diabetes Symptoms in a Totally Safe Way
Cinnamon essential oil has been widely researched for its effects on diabetes. This condition results in an excessive level of sugar in the blood. Diabetes has been linked to cardiovascular disease, loss of limbs and obesity. One scientific study declared that diabetes is on its way to becoming the biggest epidemic of this century (source).
Today, diabetes sufferers can choose from a variety of prescription medications that help with the management of the symptoms. However, these prescription drugs come with many side effects. Many of these side effects affect the digestive system (source).
Cinnamon essential oil, fascinatingly, can treat diabetes without the side effects. In fact, the oil is renowned for its positive impact on the digestive system, allowing it to treat diabetes symptoms without harming the digestive tract like most prescription diabetes medications.
One thorough study determined that cinnamon oil can prevent insulin resistance. The study found that cinnamon oil possesses insulin-potentiating properties. The study also found that cinnamon oil can treat the symptoms of diabetes more effectively than any other herbs or spices that have been tested for this purpose (source).
In one clinical study, patients who had diabetes were given a daily dose of cinnamon as their sole form of treatment. The study found that these patients exhibited a dramatic improvement in glycaemic control. The purpose of the study was to find an alternative treatment option to the drugs that are commonly prescribed to diabetes sufferers (source).
Another study tested the antidiabetic effects of cinnamon essential oil on diabetic mice. The study found that the glucose tolerance of the mice improved dramatically. The study also determined that the cinnamon oil lowers cholesterol levels (source).
Yet another study found that cinnamon oil decreases blood sugar levels when taken orally. The study concluded that cinnamon oil can effectively treat diabetes (source).
The DIY Tonic for Diabetes Symptoms
- Fill a drinking glass with about eight ounces of water. You may use either tap water or filtered water.
- Remove the cap of your cinnamon essential oil bottle. To do this, simply unscrew the cap using a twisting motion. Place the cap close by.
- Pick up the cinnamon oil bottle in one hand and flip it upside-down. Then, position the cinnamon essential oil bottle directly above the water inside of the drinking glass.
- With gentle force, tap the cinnamon essential oil bottle’s side with one finger. Watch as two drops of cinnamon oil fall into the water. Then, put the cinnamon oil bottle down and screw its cap back on.
- Using a small whisk or a spoon, stir together the cinnamon essential oil and the water for about fifteen seconds.
- Consume all of the liquid within one minute. Do this once each day to fight the symptoms of diabetes.
3. Keep Your Digestive System Healthy with Deliciously Spicy Cinnamon
Cinnamon essential oil contains a chemical compound called eugenol. Extensive studies have demonstrated eugenol’s positive effects on the digestive system. For one thing, eugenol has been found to regulate the balance of intestinal flora. As we stated earlier, the overuse of antibiotics can dramatically reduce the level of healthy bacteria that exists inside of the intestines (source).
This imbalance can cause a variety of health issues. Commonly, a deficiency of healthy gut flora can cause excessive gas, constipation and brain fog. An intestinal imbalance also interferes with nutrient absorption, resulting in potentially-serious vitamin deficiencies. Fortunately, cinnamon oil possesses a unique ability to protect this crucial bacteria.
Eugenol is also capable of easing stomach cramps thanks to its analgesic properties. When ingested, eugenol soothes the digestive tract. This chemical compound also relaxes the digestive tract, allowing gas to travel more easily. Therefore, cinnamon essential oil can be very helpful for people who suffer from excessive gas pain and bloating.
In one study, scientists determined that cinnamon essential oil can treat gastric ulcers. When consumed, the oil can both shrink and reduce the number of ulcers that exist in the gastrointestinal tract (source).
Another study found that the consumption of cinnamon oil can protect the intestines against injury caused by infection or inflammation. According to this study, the oil also reduces instances of diarrhea (source).
The antibacterial activity of cinnamon essential oil can fight bacterial infections of the digestive system. Also, the oil’s potent anti-inflammatory properties can dramatically reduce inflammation along the digestive tract. Therefore, common inflammatory conditions like irritable bowel syndrome can be treated with just a few drops of cinnamon oil each day (source).
The Ingestion Method for a Happy and Healthy Gut
- Into a tall drinking glass, pour approximately eight ounces of water. Either filtered water or tap water may be used.
- Pick up your cinnamon essential oil bottle in one hand and take off its cap. To do this, simply use a twisting motion with your wrist. Place the cap down somewhere that is close by.
- While holding the bottle of cinnamon oil in your hand, twist your wrist so that the bottle is on its side. Then, hold the bottle right above the water inside of the drinking glass.
- Very gently shake the bottle of cinnamon essential oil, allowing about two drops to fall into the water.
- Grab a spoon or a small whisk and stir together the cinnamon essential oil and the water until you no longer see large oil droplets on the water’s surface.
- Drink the entire contents of the glass as quickly as possible. Do this once each day in order to reap its full benefits.
4. Treat All Kinds of Fungal Infections in No Time
Cinnamon oil has been researched heavily for its anti-fungal properties. One study found that the oil can prevent food spoilage caused by various fungal strains (source).
Candida is a fungal infection that is considered a health epidemic. Those who suffer from the condition have excessive yeast inside the body. This overgrowth of yeast affects various bodily systems. Because the yeast is fed by dietary sugar, this condition can be very difficult to control. Over time, this condition can dramatically weaken the immune system and destroys the intestines (source).
The good news is that cinnamon oil has been found to drastically reduce yeast within the body. In one study, Candida patients were given cinnamon oil daily. Astoundingly, 72 percent of the patients who were treated with cinnamon oil tested negative for the disease after their treatment was over. Research has found that cinnamon oil is the most effective essential oil when it comes to treating this condition. Scientists determined that the oil aggressively kills the disease on a cellular level (source).
In another study, cinnamon’s anti-fungal properties were tested on various fungal strains. The study found that cinnamon oil has a profound effect on many different fungal diseases (source).
Scientific research has found that cinnamon essential oil can kill fungus that exists along the digestive tract when inhaled. The oil’s anti-fungal properties are so potent that a vapor made with the oil can successfully kill fungal infections of the throat, mouth and lungs.
Of course, cinnamon oil can be applied topically to treat fungal infections of the skin as well. Uncomfortable conditions like athlete’s foot can be quickly treated with just a few drops of cinnamon essential oil (source).
The Candida-Killing Ingestion Method
- Hold a medium-sized drinking glass directly below your kitchen sink’s faucet. Turn the faucet on to fill the glass with water. Alternatively, you may fill the glass with filtered water.
- Place the glass of water down on your kitchen counter. Then, remove the cap of your cinnamon essential oil bottle with a twisting motion.
- Grab the bottle of cinnamon oil in your hand and hold it right above the mouth of the drinking glass. Angle the bottle slightly so that its spout is leaning toward the water.
- Allow about two drops of cinnamon essential oil to fall into the water by tapping the bottle’s side gently with your finger. Then, screw the cap back onto the cinnamon essential oil bottle.
- After placing the cinnamon essential oil bottle down, stir together the water and the oil. Do this for about fifteen seconds.
- Drink the full amount of the water and cinnamon oil mixture. Do this once each day.
The DIY Massage Oil for Skin Infections
- Into a small bowl, pour about one fourth of a cup of a carrier oil by removing the bottle’s cap and tilting the bottle toward the bowl’s mouth. For this type of application, you want to use a carrier oil that has a relatively thin consistency. Olive oil works very well.
- Return the cap to the bottle of carrier oil and set it aside. Then, unscrew the cap of the cinnamon essential oil bottle.
- Holding the cinnamon oil in your hand, angle the bottle in a way that positions its spout above the carrier oil inside of the bowl. Very lightly shake the essential oil bottle, counting as about five drops fall into the carrier oil.
- Use a spoon or a fork to stir together the two oils for about twenty seconds.
- Dip a cotton ball into the oil mixture. Fully submerge it, allowing it to become totally saturated with oil. Then, firmly press the oil-soaked cotton ball onto the skin of the affected area. Hold it there for about five seconds.
- Discard the cotton ball. Then, with one or two fingers, gently massage the oil into the affected area until the skin has completely absorbed the oil. Do this up to three times each day until the fungal infection has cleared up.
5. Fight Cancer without Any Dangerous Side Effects
By far, one of the most exciting benefits of cinnamon essential oil is its ability to combat cancer cells. Many clinical studies have tested the oil’s unique ability to shrink tumors while killing cancer cells in large numbers.
In one thorough study, cinnamon oil was administered to mice that had cancer. The study found that cinnamon oil can dramatically inhibit the growth of tumors in cancer patients (source).
A groundbreaking study also found that cinnamon oil can kill chemo-resistant cancer cells (source). In the study, the oil was tested on patients who suffered from lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. These three cancers are considered to be extremely difficult to treat. Amazingly, cinnamon essential oil can drastically reduce the number of these cancer cells. Another study found that cinnamon essential oil can combat skin cancer as well (source).
The fact that cinnamon boasts such a powerful ability to fight cancer is exciting for patients who want to treat cancer in a natural way. Cinnamon essential oil does not come with the side effects of many widely-used cancer treatments. Plus, it is easy to administer at home.
The Safe and Easy Tumor-Shrinking Ingestion Method
- Pour roughly eight ounces of water into a drinking glass. You can choose either filtered water or tap water.
- Place the glass of water down. Then, twist off the cinnamon essential oil bottle’s cap. Place the bottle’s cap off to the side.
- Holding the essential oil bottle in one hand, angle the bottle sideways, placing its spout just a couple of inches above the surface of the water.
- Using one finger, gently hit the side of the cinnamon essential oil bottle. Allow approximately two drops of cinnamon essential oil to fall into the water.
- For about fifteen seconds, stir together the oil and water with a spoon or a small whisk.
- Drink the water and oil mixture in its entirety. Try to do this in under one minute. You may do this once each day.
6. Give Your Romantic Life a Boost with this Natural Aphrodisiac
For centuries, cinnamon essential oil has been used as a natural aphrodisiac. Fascinatingly, science now confirms that this oil possesses the ability to boost libido. The oil’s ability to increase sexual function and arousal has to do with its various healing properties that target the culprits behind sexual troubles.
Cinnamon oil acts as a stimulant, boosting energy levels. If poor libido is the result of fatigue, a few whiffs of cinnamon oil can increase your energy levels quickly (source).
The oil also combats diabetes, a disease that desensitizes the nerve endings over time. High blood sugar levels can desensitize the genitals, resulting in erectile dysfunction. The oil also combats cardiovascular issues that can dramatically reduce one’s sex drive.
Plus, cinnamon oil has been found to increase the flow of blood to the extremities (source). In other words, the oil acts similarly to popular prescription drugs for erectile dysfunction. Cinnamon essential oil is a safe and natural product that does not put a person at risk of the side effects that are common with these medications (source).
The Oil Diffuser Method for a Healthy Libido
- Remove the lid of your oil diffuser. If you do not own an oil diffuser, one can be purchased online.
- Hold the diffuser under the spout of your kitchen or bathroom sink. Fill the chamber of the diffuser with water until the water reaches the maximum fill line. Then, place the diffuser on a nearby surface.
- Untwist the cap of your cinnamon essential oil bottle. Holding the bottle in one hand, turn it upside-down and give it a gentle shake. While you’re shaking the bottle, count as about five or six drops fall into the water.
- Return the cap to the essential oil bottle. Then, place the lid back onto the oil diffuser.
- Bring the oil diffuser into the room in which you will be occupying. Plug the diffuser into an available outlet and press the power button to turn the diffuser on. Right away, you should observe a steady stream of vapor coming out of the diffuser’s spout. You will also instantly smell the cinnamon essential oil.
The Massage Oil Method for Stimulation
- Purchase a plastic squeeze bottle that can contain ten ounces of liquid. Unscrew its cap and rinse it out with hot water to make sure that it’s completely clean.
- After removing the cap from your cinnamon essential oil bottle, pour about ten drops of the oil into the plastic squeeze bottle. Then, screw the cap back onto the cinnamon oil bottle and set the bottle aside.
- Place a small funnel into the mouth of the squeeze bottle.
- Remove the cap from your bottle of carrier oil. For a massage oil, you want to select an oil that has a spreadable consistency. Olive oil and jojoba oil work very well for this type of application.
- Angle the carrier oil bottle so that its mouth is right above the mouth of the funnel. Slowly pour the carrier oil into the squeeze bottle, filling it to the top.
- Return the cap to the carrier oil bottle. Then, tightly screw the cap back onto the squeeze bottle.
- Shake the squeeze bottle vigorously for about thirty seconds. This will ensure that the two oils are evenly mixed together.
- When you need a boost, massage this oil liberally all over your body with your palms. You’ll reap the cinnamon essential oil’s benefits as it absorbs into the skin.
7. Say Goodbye to Parasites without Gut-Destroying Medications
The anti-parasitic properties of cinnamon essential oil are well-known. One study concluded that cinnamon essential oil can kill a variety of parasites that are resistant to widely-used parasite-killing drugs. The study also discovered that cinnamon essential oil can dramatically reduce malaria parasites when ingested. In many countries throughout the world, malaria is an epidemic that is responsible for thousands of deaths each year. Cinnamon oil is a natural and safe medicine that can aggressively fight this disease (source).
Another study found that a combination of ginger and cinnamon essential oils can treat a giardiasis infection. Giardiasis is a parasitic infection that causes a person to have excessive diarrhea, weight loss and a lack of appetite (source).
Additionally, one study determined that cinnamon essential oil is capable of killing various types of parasites that affect the intestines (source).
Pet owners can safely use cinnamon essential oil to treat animals with parasites. The oil is not toxic to cats or dogs when administered in small doses. Plus, the oil does not come with the side effects that are common when taking popular anti-parasitic drugs that are prescribed by veterinarians.
The Easy Ingestion Method for Beating Parasites
- Fill a medium-sized drinking glass with around eight ounces of either tap or filtered water.
- After placing the glass down on a nearby surface, grab your cinnamon essential oil bottle and remove its lid with a twisting motion. Then, pick the oil bottle up in your hand.
- Hold the cinnamon essential oil bottle at an angle so that its spout is leaning toward the water inside of the glass. Very gently shake the oil bottle, allowing two drops to fall into the water.
- After returning the lid to your cinnamon essential oil bottle, stir the water and oil together with a spoon or whisk for about fifteen seconds.
- Drink the oil and water mixture in its entirety. Do this once each day until the symptoms are gone.
8. Control Headaches with the Multi-Tasking Power of Cinnamon
Because of cinnamon essential oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, this safe and natural product treats headache pain similarly to popular anti-inflammatory over-the-counter drugs. However, unlike these popular drugs, cinnamon oil does not damage the kidneys, liver and stomach lining when taken too frequently. Because the oil’s anti-inflammatory activity is extremely potent, you can treat headache pain by applying the oil topically to the area (source).
Whether applied topically to the affected area or inhaled, cinnamon oil has circulation-boosting superpowers that heal pain quickly. The oil dilates blood vessels, promoting healthy blood flow that sends pain relief to the area in no time.
Cinnamon oil also possesses analgesic properties as well. Eugenol, one of the oil’s chemical compounds, treats pain by cooling and numbing the area while blocking pain receptors in the brain. Eugenol works similarly to opioids, interrupting the process in which the nerves inform the brain that the body is in pain. When applied topically to the skin of the affected area, cinnamon oil will almost instantly numb the pain associated with a headache.
The Topical Application Method for Fast Relief from Headache Pain
- Into a small bowl, pour about two tablespoons of olive oil. You may use a measuring spoon for accuracy.
- Remove the cap from your cinnamon essential oil bottle. Grasp the bottle firmly with one hand and turn it so that its spout is facing the olive oil inside of the bowl.
- Shake the cinnamon oil bottle gently, allowing it to release about seven drops into the olive oil.
- With a fork or a spoon, stir the two oils together for about fifteen seconds.
- Submerge a cotton ball into the oil mixture, leaving it there for about five seconds. Be sure that the cotton ball is fully saturated with the oil mixture.
- Remove the cotton ball from the bowl and immediately dab it onto the affected area. Press it firmly against the skin for ten seconds.
- Discard the cotton ball. Then, using your fingers, massage the oil into the skin for about thirty seconds.
The “Quick Fix” Method for Sudden Migraines
- Twist off the cap of the cinnamon essential oil bottle. Place the cap onto a nearby surface.
- Firmly grasp the essential oil bottle in one hand. Then, bring the bottle up to your nose. Hold the spout of the oil bottle against the opening of your nostril. Take deep breaths through your nose for thirty seconds. You should feel the pain slowly dissipate.
9. Soothe a Sore Throat with Aromatherapy
Cinnamon essential oil’s powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties make it the perfect treatment for a sore throat. By inhaling a vapor made with the oil and water, you can soothe the respiratory tract quickly. Plus, the oil’s antibacterial properties will fight bacterial infections that cause a sore throat.
In fact, one study found that cinnamon oil is one of the most powerful natural treatments for strep throat. According to the study, the antibacterial properties of the oil have been found to drastically reduce the bacteria responsible for this common ailment (source).
Cinnamon essential oil can also ease the congestion that usually accompanies a sore throat. That’s because eugenol has the ability to thin mucus and phlegm when inhaled through the nose (source).
The Inhalation Method for Respiratory Troubles
- Fill your bathtub with very warm water. You want the water to be warm enough to produce steam.
- Once the tub is filled with water, remove your cinnamon oil bottle’s cap and hold the bottle upside-down in one hand. Position the bottle above the water inside of the tub.
- Shake the cinnamon essential oil bottle vigorously, allowing about fifteen drops to fall into the tub.
- Sit inside of the bathtub, taking long, deep breaths. Soak in the tub for about twenty minutes.
10. Create a DIY Deodorant to Eliminate Body Odor and Other Unwanted Smells
Like many essential oils, cinnamon oil can kill all kinds of odors caused by bacteria and fungus. Various studies have reported that many of the ingredients found in popular deodorant products are toxic to the body, causing internal damage when absorbed through the pores of the skin. Therefore, it’s a good idea to start turning to natural products that are harmless to the body (source).
If you want to make your own deodorant, you can blend cinnamon oil with other essential oils that are known for their odor-blocking powers. Oils like patchouli, peppermint and tea tree can all prevent body odor.
Cinnamon’s odor-busting abilities can also take care of unpleasant smells that exist in the home. Many people use commercial air fresheners to keep their homes smelling fresh. These air fresheners have been found to contain toxic ingredients that can harm the body when inhaled over long periods of time. Cinnamon oil, on the other hand, can mask bad odors in a safe and natural way. You can simply add cinnamon essential oil to an oil diffuser and keep your home smelling great (source).
The Easy DIY Deodorant Spray that Fights Body Odor
- Purchase an empty, unused spray bottle that can contain ten ounces of liquid.
- After thoroughly rinsing the bottle with hot water, grasp the neck of the bottle firmly with one hand. Place it directly beneath the spout of your sink’s faucet. Then, turn the faucet on to fill the bottle to the top with water.
- Remove your cinnamon oil bottle’s cap. Pick up the cinnamon oil bottle and twist your wrist so that you’re holding the bottle upside-down.
- Vigorously shake the cinnamon essential oil bottle, counting as about twenty drops fall into the water.
- Tightly screw the cap back onto the spray bottle. Shake the bottle for thirty seconds.
- Spray this oil and water mixture onto areas of your body that are affected by body odor.
11. Lose Weight Naturally and Get Your Life Back
As we discussed earlier, cinnamon essential oil has an amazing ability to regulate blood sugar levels. Therefore, the oil can break down sugar in the system quickly, aiding in weight loss. Symptoms of unstable blood sugar levels include lethargy and intense cravings, making weight loss difficult (source).
One study found that cinnamon oil prevents weight gain by reducing the rate at which sugar is released into the bloodstream (source). Additionally, cinnamon oil can lower cholesterol levels, decrease appetite and boost the metabolism (source).
Interestingly, new research suggests that cinnamon essential oil’s anti-inflammatory properties can reduce body fat as well. Groundbreaking studies have found a link between obesity and chronic inflammation. According to researchers, inflamed fatty tissue prevents the breakdown of fat cells in the body. Over time, these fat cells build up in large amounts, causing a person to become obese (source).
The Easy Inhalation Method for Curbing Cravings
- When a sugar craving kicks in, remove the cap from your cinnamon essential oil bottle and put the cap to the side. Then, bring the bottle’s spout up to your nose, placing it right below one nostril. Close your eyes and take long, deep breaths through your nose for about thirty seconds. The craving should subside.
The DIY Tonic Method for Burning Fat
- Fill a tall drinking glass with about eight ounces of water. You can use tap water or filtered water.
- Remove the cap from your cinnamon essential oil bottle. Then, hold the bottle upside-down above the mouth of your glass.
- Gently shaking the bottle, pour two drops of cinnamon essential oil into the water.
- Stir the water and oil together for about fifteen seconds with a spoon.
- Drink the entire contents of the glass as quickly as you can. Do this once each day, preferably with food.
12. Keep the Dentist Happy with this Powerful Oral Health Booster
It’s no longer a secret that many dental hygiene products found in stores contain toxic ingredients. Although these ingredients aren’t necessarily swallowed, they enter the bloodstream through the tissue of the mouth.
One ingredient found in almost all commercial toothpaste products is fluoride. At the moment, there is much debate over whether or not fluoride is harmful to one’s health. If you like to play it safe, it’s time to explore the many ways in which cinnamon oil can improve your oral and dental health (source).
Cinnamon essential oil’s germ-fighting powers allow it to combat bad breath. The odor-fighting properties found in cinnamon explain why this spice is regularly used as a flavoring agent for chewing gum products. The oil’s antimicrobial properties also give it the power to fight against common oral health troubles such as periodontal disease and plaque. Plus, cinnamon oil’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties will take care of toothaches and sore gums.
The “Fresh Breath” Rinse Method for Excellent Oral Health
- Turn on your kitchen or bathroom faucet and place a measuring cup directly beneath the faucet’s spout. Fill the measuring cup with one fourth of a cup of water. You may also use filtered water.
- Pour the water into a drinking glass.
- Twist the cap off of your cinnamon essential oil bottle. Then, pick up the bottle and turn it upside-down, positioning it right above the mouth of your glass.
- Shake about three drops of cinnamon essential oil out of the bottle and into the water.
- Stir together the water and oil for about ten seconds.
- Pour the contents of the glass into your mouth. Without swallowing, swish the mixture around for about thirty seconds before spitting it out into the sink. You may do this twice each day.
13. Beat PMS Pain At Last without Taking Pills
Cinnamon oil has been used as a PMS aid for hundreds of years. The oil has been found to decrease menstrual bleeding significantly. As a significant loss of blood can lead to an iron deficiency, this information is welcome news to those who experience heavy bleeding during their monthly periods (source).
In fact, research has shown that cinnamon essential oil can combat many of the symptoms that occur during a woman’s menstrual period. The oil’s analgesic properties and its ability to dilate blood vessels can dramatically alleviate uterine cramps when applied topically to the skin of the abdomen. Because cramps are caused by constricted blood vessels, the oil will provide fast relief.
Cinnamon essential oil also helps tame nausea, a common complaint during one’s period. Additionally, the oil helps with common period-related pains like headaches and muscle aches because of its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
The Massage Oil Method for Cramps and Other Pains
- Grab a bottle of carrier oil that has a thin consistency. Good examples are olive oil and jojoba oil.
- After removing the lid from the bottle, pour one third of a cup of carrier oil into a measuring cup.
- Pour the contents of the measuring cup into a small bowl.
- After removing its cap, pick up the bottle of cinnamon oil in one hand and hold it upside-down directly above the bowl containing the carrier oil. Shake the bottle gently to allow approximately eight drops of cinnamon essential oil to fall into the carrier oil.
- With a fork or a whisk, mix the two oils together vigorously for about twenty seconds.
- Fold a small cotton cloth and submerge it in the oil mixture. Let it absorb the oil for about ten seconds.
- Remove the cloth from the oil mixture and set it on the abdomen while lying down. Leave it there for thirty minutes. You may do this whenever you get a sudden attack of cramps.
The Ingestion Method for Hormonal Woes
- Fill a medium-sized drinking glass with around eight ounces of either tap or filtered water. Then, set the glass onto a nearby surface.
- Remove the cap of the cinnamon essential oil bottle by unscrewing it. Pick up the cinnamon essential oil bottle with your hand.
- Tilt your cinnamon oil bottle at an angle so that its mouth is facing the mouth of the drinking glass. With a gentle shaking motion, pour around two drops of cinnamon essential oil into the drinking glass.
- Using a spoon or whisk, stir together the oil and the water for approximately fifteen seconds.
- Drink the entire contents of the glass. Do this once each day.
14. Enhance Meals with the Warm, Spicy Flavor of Cinnamon
Now that you know the many health benefits of cinnamon essential oil, it’s time to start putting it into your food. Because the oil contains concentrated levels of cinnamon’s various healing properties, a couple of drops added to a meal will provide you with significant levels of health-boosting chemical compounds. Plus, the spicy flavor will enhance the taste of a large variety of dishes.
The Flavor-Enhancing Technique for Delicious, Health-Boosting Food
- When you want to add the flavor of cinnamon to your meal, simply unscrew the cap of your cinnamon essential oil bottle and gently shake out one or two drops onto your food. You can also mix a couple drops of the oil into sauces, salad dressings and grains like rice. To reap the health benefits of the oil when consuming it with food, be sure to add the oil last, after the food has been taken off of the heat. This will preserve the chemical composition of the oil.
15. Keep Annoying Insects Far, Far Away
Cinnamon essential oil is a strong insecticide that can ward off a variety of creepy critters. The oil has been found to deter ants (source). Studies have also found that cinnamon oil can be used to keep mosquitoes away. In countries where malaria is a significant health concern, a combination of cinnamon oil and water is often used as a natural bug spray (source).
The DIY Bug Spray Method that Really Works
- Purchase a squeeze bottle that can contain ten ounces of liquid. Unscrew the bottle’s cap and thoroughly rinse the bottle out with hot water.
- Into the squeeze bottle, pour ten drops each of cinnamon essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil, lemon essential oil and clove essential oil. These essential oils are all renowned for their insect-repelling abilities.
- Firmly grip the mouth of the squeeze bottle in one hand. Hold it directly under the faucet of your sink. Fill the squeeze bottle to the top with water. Then, tightly screw the cap back onto the squeeze bottle.
- Aggressively shake the squeeze bottle for about thirty seconds. This will ensure that all of the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Spray this oil mixture onto your body whenever you’re about to go outside.
The Oil Diffuser Method for Keeping Bugs Out of the Home
- Lift the lid off of your oil diffuser’s water tank. Set the lid aside.
- Position the tank of your oil diffuser directly under a faucet and fill the tank with water. Alternatively, you may fill the tank with filtered water.
- Place the diffuser on a surface that is close by. Then, grab your bottle of cinnamon essential oil and unscrew its lid. Pick the oil bottle up.
- While leaning the cinnamon essential oil bottle’s mouth over the oil diffuser’s tank, shake out about five or six drops of oil into the water. Then, place the lid back onto the oil diffuser.
- Bring the oil diffuser into the room in which bugs are a problem. Set the diffuser down on a surface and plug it into a nearby outlet. Push the power button. Right away, cinnamon-scented vapor should come out of the oil diffuser’s spout. You may do this several times each day.
FAQ About Cinnamon Essential Oil
What is Cinnamon Essential Oil?
Cinnamon essential oil comes from cinnamon, a spice that is derived from the bark of a certain type of tree. It is estimated that cinnamon was first brought to Egypt over four thousand years ago. Since then, the spice has become a staple of many forms of natural medicine around the world. For thousands of years, cinnamon was quite expensive and considered a luxury item.
Cinnamon essential oil may either be derived from cinnamon bark or the cinnamon leaf. Both of these sources possess the same chemical compounds. However, their colors may differ.
Uses of Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essential oil has been used to treat a wide range of health ailments for thousands of years. The oil’s antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant nd carminative properties have made it a very popular product in natural medicine. Cinnamon oil also has strong insecticidal properties. Plus, the oil can mask bad odors. Today, cinnamon essential oil is becoming a popular treatment for cancer, diabetes and obesity.
Composition of Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essential oil’s main chemical compounds are cinnamaldehyde and eugenol. The oil also contains cinnamyl acetate, eugenol, L-borneol, caryophyllene oxide, b-caryophyllene, L-bornyl acetate, E-nerolidol, α-cubebene, α-terpineol and terpinolene.
How to Make Cinnamon Essential Oil
Steam distillation is the common method for extracting cinnamon essential oil. This process forces high-pressure steam through the leaves or bark. The resulting vapor is separated into oil and water, the oil being cinnamon essential oil.
Does Cinnamon Essential Work?
Cinnamon essential oil’s many health benefits have been tested in clinical studies. Extensive scientific research confirms that cinnamon essential oil can treat a wide array of ailments.
How to Take It
Cinnamon essential oil can be applied topically to the skin in order to treat skin conditions, infections and pain. When applied to the skin, it is often diluted in a carrier oil to protect the skin from possible irritation.
Cinnamon essential oil can be inhaled in order to treat respiratory ailments, boost energy levels and reduce inflammation. When inhaled, the oil can also reduce food cravings.
Additionally, cinnamon essential oil can be ingested in small quantities to treat a wide range of physical ailments. Clinical studies show that the ingestion of cinnamon oil can treat bacterial infections, fungal infections, diabetes and cancer. Studies also show that the ingestion of cinnamon essential oil can aid in weight loss.
Cinnamon essential oil can be ingested in small doses by children. When ingested, it can treat internal infections, digestive disorders, respiratory ailments, diabetes and certain types of cancer. It can also eliminate parasites.
Children may also apply cinnamon oil to their skin in order to reduce pain. The oil’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make it a safe painkiller.
Cinnamon essential oil can be inhaled as a respiratory aid. When inhaled, the oil can also curb food cravings.
In small quantities, cinnamon essential oil is safe to ingest. Adults may ingest the oil to treat bodily infections, digestive disorders, cancer and diabetes. The oil can also help with weight loss.
Adults may apply cinnamon oil to the skin in order to treat various types of pain and infections. The oil can also be inhaled.
Is Cinnamon Essential Oil Safe?
Cinnamon essential oil is safe to ingest in small quantities. The oil should always be diluted in a liquid.
Cinnamon oil can be applied to the skin. However, it is suggested that the oil be diluted in a carrier oil in order to prevent skin irritation.
It is safe to inhale cinnamon essential oil.
Side Effects of Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essential oil may cause digestive troubles when ingested in large doses. The oil may also irritate sensitive skin. Cinnamon essential oil can lower blood sugar levels.
Cinnamon essential oil may interfere with some diabetes medications.
It is safe for pregnant women to use cinnamon essential oil as long as they are not allergic to cinnamon.
Children may safely use cinnamon essential oil unless they are allergic to cinnamon.
Cinnamon Essential Oil Facts
Botanical name: Cinnamomum verum
Common method of extraction: steam distillation
Plant part typically used: bark or leaf
Color: yellow, red or brown
Strength of aroma: strong
Aromatic scent: warm, musky, spicy
Blends well with: clove, frankincense, cedarwood, sandalwood
Where can I buy Cinnamon Essential Oil?
Cinnamon essential oil can be found online and in specialty shops. Some grocery stores may carry cinnamon essential oil.
Cinnamon Essential Oil Benefits Infographic
As you can see, cinnamon essential oil does so much more than provide food with a kick of spice. This potent product has healed ailments of all kinds for thousands of years. Now, thanks to extensive research, we know that cinnamon essential oil is capable of treating all kinds of health issues.
If you’ve ever used cinnamon essential oil to treat a health problem, feel free to tell us about it by leaving us a comment. If you have any friends or family who may benefit from this information, please send this article their way!